Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 11-16-2012, 10:45 AM   #15
Matt @ RX

Quote:
Originally Posted by CiscoBee View Post
Keeping it "Real World" !!!! 400-500+ on the dyno means nothing if you can't plant that power and get it down the track.

Ah... In Alex's case though I'd be more happy to say "Mr car makes 305rwhp, want to run?"

My unlocked converter heads/cam 346ci TH350 Camaro made 424rwhp, ran 10.30's all day long.
Old 11-16-2012, 11:04 AM   #16
Battle_Camaro

Drives: 2011 CGM M6 LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
I have a question. Why is that you guys might be the only ones that keep stating its not a good idea to dyno the cars. It seems like every other company that is doing FI is able to dyno and show the power pretty well? I could be confused but it's what I'm seeing
This is a very good point.
Battle_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:13 AM   #17
Nutbutt

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
Would love to know if Vince has a OEM tune that can be used off the track as well as on the track. Haven't heard of one yet that will get rid of both the Idle Oscillation and Idle dive .
Old 11-16-2012, 11:53 AM   #18
Matt @ RX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutbutt View Post
Would love to know if Vince has a OEM tune that can be used off the track as well as on the track. Haven't heard of one yet that will get rid of both the Idle Oscillation and Idle dive .

I have Baylor's here, no idle oscillation on it (Little bit on cold starts like the OEM program does) but nothing once it gets a little heat into it. ANd the idle's been stable, now of course this is an automatic car that may not have the idle dive like a stick would when you clutch in of course.

Past that, on OEM cars or near-stock cars there is no idle problems just dumped two of his tunes in last week to cars we did header and axle back on.

- Matt
Old 11-16-2012, 12:05 PM   #19
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt @ RX View Post
I have Baylor's here, no idle oscillation on it (Little bit on cold starts like the OEM program does) but nothing once it gets a little heat into it. ANd the idle's been stable, now of course this is an automatic car that may not have the idle dive like a stick would when you clutch in of course.

Past that, on OEM cars or near-stock cars there is no idle problems just dumped two of his tunes in last week to cars we did header and axle back on.

- Matt
Are you sure? I have an auto with a trifecta tune and the idle dive and oscillation is there. I just have never had any problems so let it be? My buddy also has a stock car and he has it too. I know because the first time I heard nuttbutt ask about it, I compared my idle to his and they are the same. The oscillation is there on his stock one too?

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:31 PM   #20
KMAGRIZZ

Drives: 2012 A6 RX Supercharged LFX
We will be headed to the track tonight. Can't wait to see what times she's gonna put down
KMAGRIZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:49 PM   #21
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
Are you sure? I have an auto with a trifecta tune and the idle dive and oscillation is there. I just have never had any problems so let it be? My buddy also has a stock car and he has it too. I know because the first time I heard nuttbutt ask about it, I compared my idle to his and they are the same. The oscillation is there on his stock one too?
Hmm I never recall having an oscillation at idle, or at least one that was noticeable enough to get my attention.

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy S III using telekinesis.
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:12 PM   #22
SteveFrench

Drives: Summit White 2018 SS
Yeah im not overly concerned with dyno numbers just something i can look at to prove it's perfomance since i don't bring my car to the track i just wanna have more fun with some extra power and modding i kind of a hobby i guess :P
SteveFrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 07:16 AM   #23
Nutbutt

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
Don't know if you are running an 2010 automatic tran or not but the automatics seem to dampen the oscillation more that a 2010 manual. I have even seen this in stock but have been easily tweaked out.
In the automatics the idle dive on down shifts to a stop seems to be the more noticeable issue.

Some day I would love to see a IPF tune on a RX system

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorCamaro View Post
Hmm I never recall having an oscillation at idle, or at least one that was noticeable enough to get my attention.

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy S III using telekinesis.
Old 11-17-2012, 09:39 AM   #24
Pt_killa

Drives: Black 2010 Camaro V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutbutt View Post
Don't know if you are running an 2010 automatic tran or not but the automatics seem to dampen the oscillation more that a 2010 manual. I have even seen this in stock but have been easily tweaked out.
In the automatics the idle dive on down shifts to a stop seems to be the more noticeable issue.

Some day I would love to see a IPF tune on a RX system
Lol, thats a good idea, it would be hilarious if vince's tune made more power on the ipf kit and ipf's tune made more power on the rx kit.
(Sold Sept 2015) Stock 18" Heritage w/ BFG G-Force ZR tires / Blacked out bowties and tail lights / DIY Remote-Mount Turbo Kit (Precision 6776S .81ar ex. @ 6.5psi, Tial 38mm WG, Greddy Type-S BOV) / RX Catch Can / RX-FTI 3600 Stall / Blue Well Lights / Team LLT
Pt_killa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 09:29 AM   #25
SteveFrench

Drives: Summit White 2018 SS
Bump. Could anyone give me an update on the trifecta tuning situation for the Rx kit? Just got a new job and this supercharger project is a bit more realistic now! everyones opinions are appriciated!
SteveFrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 10:28 AM   #26
V6owner
Cedar Creek Woodshop

Drives: One Badass 1LE
Lets just say mine ran a 12.9 and I'm the second fastest SC V6. And it's for sale