Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 04-15-2017, 10:09 PM   #1
lincoln361

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS
Wink TVS2300 IAT OPTIONS?Help with Heatsoak! Suggestions?

Well its that time of year again here in South Texas where the weather is going to be extremely hot and humid, which sucks for us guys down here that have a blower.

I have a TVS2300 blower w/ 12lbs boost of boost. I do track the car as much as i can but the closest one is over a 100 miles away. By the time i get there i have to wait at least 2 hours if not more to let the car cool down even than its still warm. Now this is for drag racing and not a road course. I do have a 1/2 in phenolic spacer to try to help with this problem but i still need help.

So my question is. What are you guys doing to help with your heat soak/ high iats. Im currently looking at a few options and maybe some you guys have these already intalled and can let me know what you feel about them.

1. Superchiller- 1200-1400 roughly

2. Lingenfelter High Capacity Intercooler Heat Exchanger 999.95 plus tax

3. Bigger resevoir

4. Ice box in the trunk but i still daily drive my camaro and still use the space in the trunk.

Let me know what you guys think. I really do appreciate it
SLP TVS 2300- 1 7/8 LG Headers- RDS NX Plate- 75 Shot- No Cats- SLP Loudmouth 2- NW102- 3.8 Pulley- OD Cog drive-12lbs boost-FIC 80# injectors-ZL1 Fuel Pump- RotoFab CAI- Apex CAI Scoop- Pat G Tune- Weld RTS drag pack- BMR Trailing Arms- BMR 1'' Drop Springs-BMR Lower Control Arms- BMR Toe Rods- BMR Rear Cradle Bushings- BMR Upper Control Arm Bushings- BMR Extreme Anti- Rollbar- Hotchkis Subframe Brace- Prosport Evo Boost & F/A Ratio
lincoln361 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 10:16 PM   #2
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Drives: [COTW 2/09/15] '11 GPI LSA SC Z/LE
If you have the Bosch intercooler pump, upgrade it to the varimax. Get the Bosch to varimax harness and it's plug n play. Flow will help for sure. After that bigger hx or dual hx run in parallel.

While I don't have the TVS, I do have the LSA SC and have done a ton of cooling upgrades. Dual varimax run in series and 3 hx running in parallel. More flow, capacity, and cooling...

-Don
hammdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 10:20 PM   #3
lincoln361

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammdo View Post
If you have the Bosch intercooler pump, upgrade it to the varimax. Get the Bosch to varimax harness and it's plug n play. Flow will help for sure. After that bigger hx or dual hx run in parallel.

While I don't have the TVS, I do have the LSA SC and have done a ton of cooling upgrades. Dual varimax run in series and 3 hx running in parallel. More flow, capacity, and cooling...

-Don
Thank you for your response. Im actually on the lingefelter website right now looking at the varimax pump and plug n play harness. That intercooler does look nice, but does it get it cool enough? Wouldnt the innerchiller be colder?
SLP TVS 2300- 1 7/8 LG Headers- RDS NX Plate- 75 Shot- No Cats- SLP Loudmouth 2- NW102- 3.8 Pulley- OD Cog drive-12lbs boost-FIC 80# injectors-ZL1 Fuel Pump- RotoFab CAI- Apex CAI Scoop- Pat G Tune- Weld RTS drag pack- BMR Trailing Arms- BMR 1'' Drop Springs-BMR Lower Control Arms- BMR Toe Rods- BMR Rear Cradle Bushings- BMR Upper Control Arm Bushings- BMR Extreme Anti- Rollbar- Hotchkis Subframe Brace- Prosport Evo Boost & F/A Ratio
Old 04-15-2017, 10:28 PM   #4
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Yes chiller would get cooler except when you're in boost/wot, it would be off (ac shuts off in wot, thus the chiller would be off). I road race and the chiller is not an option.

1/4 mile racing and you could certainly be cooled before the run. Lots of options!

Here is some of my upgrades:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...385577&page=55

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...385577&page=76

-Don
Old 04-15-2017, 11:10 PM   #5
lincoln361

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammdo View Post
Yes chiller would get cooler except when you're in boost/wot, it would be off (ac shuts off in wot, thus the chiller would be off). I road race and the chiller is not an option.

1/4 mile racing and you could certainly be cooled before the run. Lots of options!

Here is some of my upgrades:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...385577&page=55

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...385577&page=76

-Don
Very nice write ups. Glad to see that there are options out there. Now just time to choose the right one.
Old 04-15-2017, 11:32 PM   #6
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Good luck! We all have gone through it one time ;o)

-Don
Old 04-16-2017, 08:40 PM   #7
swiftkart

Drives: 2010 SS/RS LS3 M6
Hands down Option #1 + #3 (But a Forced Induction chiller because you can actually get one) + Stewart EWP and be done with it if you want IAT 50 degrees or below in 100 degree weather, option #2 doesn't gain you much over the stock unit, unless its a triple pass HE.
swiftkart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 06:59 AM   #8
Batmanntexas

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS (2SS)
I have the Super Chiller. It wdefinitely works fpr keeping IAT's down while making 1/4 mile runs. I'd agree with SWIFTKART as to going with the Forced Induction Interchiller option, vs the SuperChiller route.

-Scott

COTW 9/8/14
Batmanntexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 07:17 AM   #9
Redlineviper

Drives: 2013 ZL1
I think your best option is meth injection. I run 22lbs boost and my IAT's never go over 116 degrees.
Old 04-17-2017, 07:38 AM   #10
lincoln361

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batmanntexas View Post
I have the Super Chiller. It wdefinitely works fpr keeping IAT's down while making 1/4 mile runs. I'd agree with SWIFTKART as to going with the Forced Induction Interchiller option, vs the SuperChiller route.

-Scott
Yeah the superchiller seems nice as far as the cooling aspect. As far as the difference between the 2, why forced induction over the superchiller? I know one is made in Australia which i think is the FIC and the other in florida.
Old 04-17-2017, 07:43 AM   #11
lincoln361

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlineviper View Post
I think your best option is meth injection. I run 22lbs boost and my IAT's never go over 116 degrees.
I forgot about meth. I heard alky makes a good product. Why do you thinks its better than the superchiller? Those iats are nice numbers you got on your iats.
Old 04-17-2017, 07:51 AM   #12
lincoln361

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batmanntexas View Post

-Scott
I read on your build that you had meth before. How did you like it
Old 04-17-2017, 09:12 AM   #13
Dirtdog
Pro Hide n Seek Player

Drives: 2010 SS LS3/LSA 620whp/630tq
Send a message via AIM to Dirtdog
e85 runs cooler and you get a big bump in power! its win win!

I just upgraded my HX to the AFCO with fans. some say the fans don't do anything but when im sitting in traffic in AZ my coolant temps stay pretty stable and low.

I need to start logging IATs. A bigger reservoir is next on the list.

620whp/630wtq. ADM LSA Conversion, E85, PFADT Tri-Y Headers into Borla S, PFADT Swaybars, Springs, Links, 20x10 20x11 Forgestar F14s, Lots of AAC
Dirtdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 10:37 AM   #14
TrekGTO

Drives: 05 GTO / JETTA TDI
Quote:
Originally Posted by lincoln361 View Post
Well its that time of year again here in South Texas where the weather is going to be extremely hot and humid, which sucks for us guys down here that have a blower.

I have a TVS2300 blower w/ 12lbs boost of boost. I do track the car as much as i can but the closest one is over a 100 miles away. By the time i get there i have to wait at least 2 hours if not more to let the car cool down even than its still warm. Now this is for drag racing and not a road course. I do have a 1/2 in phenolic spacer to try to help with this problem but i still need help.

So my question is. What are you guys doing to help with your heat soak/ high iats. Im currently looking at a few options and maybe some you guys have these already intalled and can let me know what you feel about them.

1. Superchiller- 1200-1400 roughly
2. Lingenfelter High Capacity Intercooler Heat Exchanger 999.95 plus tax
3. Bigger resevoir
4. Ice box in the trunk but i still daily drive my camaro and still use the space in the trunk.
Let me know what you guys think. I really do appreciate it
We have the only complete Interchiller kits available anywhere. Camaro and SS Sedan are back in stock today, I picked up our updated Camaro CNC adapters Friday. These provide a clean and simple installation with just 2.5’ of AC hose at a fraction of the cost of copies and have been a sponsor here since 2012.

I don’t know why any one would choose H/E or Ice over refrigeration other than road racing. AC turning off is proven irrelevant up to standing mile. Our advanced wiring harness handles that automatically with one switch.
TrekGTO is offline   Reply With Quote