Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 04-17-2017, 01:13 PM   #15
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Drives: [COTW 2/09/15] '11 GPI LSA SC Z/LE
Quote:
I don’t know why any one would choose H/E or Ice over refrigeration other than road racing . AC turning off is proven irrelevant up to standing mile. Our advanced wiring harness handles that automatically with one switch.
Exactly. Street/strip, 1/2 mile/mile, this would make sense. Those of us who road race take the other measures, like capacity, bigger/more hx, pump flow...

-Don
hammdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 02:15 PM   #16
Batmanntexas

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS (2SS)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lincoln361 View Post
I forgot about meth. I heard alky makes a good product. Why do you thinks its better than the superchiller? Those iats are nice numbers you got on your iats.
Quote:
Yeah the superchiller seems nice as far as the cooling aspect. As far as the difference between the 2, why forced induction over the superchiller? I know one is made in Australia which i think is the FIC and the other in florida.
Quote:
I read on your build that you had meth before. How did you like it
I think the FIC did due diligence with the R&D, and as a result came up with a superior product. I have one of the first SuperChillers, and it works, but I don't see intercooler water temps anywhere close to what FIC gets. If I was buying it all over again, FIC would get my money, hands down.

*EDIT* (4/18) - TrekGTO has claimed, and shown evidence where FIC asked him for p/n's, so I will retract my previous statement about FIC doing R&D. My bad....

As for the meth, I am running it also. The meth is set to come on anytime the car sees boost. I am running the meth solely as a safety, and not relying on it for an additional fuel source or cooling of IATs. It is there to prevent any engine damage from a batch of bad gas, should I ever get any, when under boost.

I have the Alky Control kit, along with the Alcohol Injection Systems Camaro specific trunk tank, and I love it. Install was straight forward. Just remember that if you go with a trunk mounted tank, you will need a check valve for the methanol line.

-Scott

COTW 9/8/14

Last edited by Batmanntexas; 04-18-2017 at 07:25 AM.
Batmanntexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 02:55 PM   #17
TrekGTO

Drives: 05 GTO / JETTA TDI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batmanntexas View Post
I think the FIC did due diligence with the R&D, and as a result came up with a superior product. I have one of the first SuperChillers, and it works, but I don't see intercooler water temps anywhere close to what FIC gets. If I was buying it all over again, FIC would get my money, hands down.
-Scott
You modified the original 12" 30 plate kit to fit your car so no way you can compare that to a 19" kit from 3 yrs ago let alone our new generation. We have the only kit with wiring harness, display, no drill switch mount and automatic H/E bypass. How many times have I offered to update your kit for free or upgrade you to our Xtreme Chiller? How many people would make that offer 4yrs later?

Without competition mode you won’t see freezing temperatures everyone posts. If you have completion mode and don’t see coolant temps to 32deg same as every one else there is a problem with a part or installation. I would suggest checking installation with the modifications you did. You probably have the valve hooked up wrong and I can still check that from a picture or diagram.

Last edited by TrekGTO; 04-17-2017 at 08:15 PM.
TrekGTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 03:41 PM   #18
TrekGTO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batmanntexas View Post
I have one of the first SuperChillers, and it works, but I don't see intercooler water temps anywhere close to what FIC gets. -Scott
Same kit you have on a whipple from 2012 with comp mode. Our vendor thread is full of endorsements going back to 2012 and 2010 with my former account STS Chiller. These are all 12” 30 plate original Super Chillers not 19” Xtreme Chiller. I don’t know what more anyone could ask for when these were complete kits that sold for $400 less than we get today and half of what the competition gets today.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...1&postcount=71

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...1&postcount=81

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...57&postcount=4

There was also user Whipped416 with your kit that posted freezing temps. I have private messages going back several years offering to help you.

Last edited by TrekGTO; 04-17-2017 at 07:39 PM.
Old 04-17-2017, 05:33 PM   #19
swiftkart

Drives: 2010 SS/RS LS3 M6
Quote:
Yeah the superchiller seems nice as far as the cooling aspect. As far as the difference between the 2, why forced induction over the superchiller? I know one is made in Australia which i think is the FIC and the other in florida.
The superchiller is cheaper for sure and just as good as FIC, but I placed an order for one and every month there was always an excuse as to why it wasn't ready, then after a couple months of waiting I was told there wouldn't be anymore GEN5 system for awhile because they were busy working on SS kit now and if I wanted to wait several more months, they would see about getting one built for me, I just got tired of waiting or I would have gladly bought from here in the USA since the superchiller uses the large 19" chiller like FIC, if they are indeed available I wouldn't hesitate to go superchiller and save $400 or so.

Last edited by swiftkart; 04-18-2017 at 07:01 PM.
swiftkart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 05:54 PM   #20
TrekGTO

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftkart View Post
The superchiller is cheaper for sure and just as good as FIC, but I placed an order for one and every month there was always an excuse as to why it wasn't ready, then after a couple months of waiting I was told there wouldn't be anymore GEN5 system for awhile because they were busy working on GEN6 now and if I wanted to wait several more months, they would see about getting one built for me, I just got tired of waiting or I would have gladly bought from here in the USA since the superchiller uses the large 19" chiller like FIC, if they are indeed available I wouldn't hesitate to go superchiller and save $400 or so.
That's not totally correct, we are still looking for a gen6 but yes I shut down for 3 yrs to care for Mom and never expected her to last that long she passed in June and after months of R&D I quit my job of 35yrs to take Active Interchiller full time in December. We quickly sold out of SS Sedan and Camaro adapters it took 2 months to get the final design Friday. Yes we left the door open to be copied but no way would ignore my Mother (93 when she passed) as there was no one else to care for her.
Old 04-17-2017, 06:34 PM   #21
Silver14

Drives: 2014 SIM 2SS
[QUOTE=TrekGTO
There was also user Whipped416 with your kit that posted freezing temps. You are doing something wrong and if you won’t accept my help I don’t know what to tell you.[/QUOTE]

Neat product. Interesting approach to communicating with customers. You may want to consider the possibility that comments like this could scare away potential sales.
Silver14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 07:24 PM   #22
lincoln361

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS
I didnt mean for this thread to stir anything up. I just wanted to know about the chiller and how i could lower my iats. Obviously lots of people have stated the chiller is the way to go. Obviously there are 2 main competitors that make this product. TrekGTo do you have a chiller right now ready to be shipped? Do you have detailed instructions with your product for the install. What are the prices for your chillers, competition and what not. You can send me a pm.
SLP TVS 2300- 1 7/8 LG Headers- RDS NX Plate- 75 Shot- No Cats- SLP Loudmouth 2- NW102- 3.8 Pulley- OD Cog drive-12lbs boost-FIC 80# injectors-ZL1 Fuel Pump- RotoFab CAI- Apex CAI Scoop- Pat G Tune- Weld RTS drag pack- BMR Trailing Arms- BMR 1'' Drop Springs-BMR Lower Control Arms- BMR Toe Rods- BMR Rear Cradle Bushings- BMR Upper Control Arm Bushings- BMR Extreme Anti- Rollbar- Hotchkis Subframe Brace- Prosport Evo Boost & F/A Ratio
lincoln361 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 07:25 PM   #23
lincoln361

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver14 View Post
Neat product. Interesting approach to communicating with customers. You may want to consider the possibility that comments like this could scare away potential sales.
True
SLP TVS 2300- 1 7/8 LG Headers- RDS NX Plate- 75 Shot- No Cats- SLP Loudmouth 2- NW102- 3.8 Pulley- OD Cog drive-12lbs boost-FIC 80# injectors-ZL1 Fuel Pump- RotoFab CAI- Apex CAI Scoop- Pat G Tune- Weld RTS drag pack- BMR Trailing Arms- BMR 1'' Drop Springs-BMR Lower Control Arms- BMR Toe Rods- BMR Rear Cradle Bushings- BMR Upper Control Arm Bushings- BMR Extreme Anti- Rollbar- Hotchkis Subframe Brace- Prosport Evo Boost & F/A Ratio
lincoln361 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 07:43 PM   #24
TrekGTO

Quote:
I didnt mean for this thread to stir anything up. I just wanted to know about the chiller and how i could lower my iats. Obviously lots of people have stated the chiller is the way to go. Obviously there are 2 main competitors that make this product. TrekGTo do you have a chiller right now ready to be shipped? Do you have detailed instructions with your product for the install. What are the prices for your chillers, competition and what not. You can send me a pm.
Information is in my signature and sponsor section.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=304460

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=196968
Old 04-17-2017, 09:10 PM   #25
camarosspower

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
I have meth on mine . Right now in this weather I cruise around at 116-120 IAT's. On a pull it will go into the 130's-140. It's only good for a couple of runs after that they stay on the 130's cruising
camarosspower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 07:21 AM   #26
Batmanntexas

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrekGTO View Post
You modified the original 12" 30 plate kit to fit your car so no way you can compare that to a 19" kit from 3 yrs ago let alone our new generation. We have the only kit with wiring harness, display, no drill switch mount and automatic H/E bypass. How many times have I offered to update your kit for free or upgrade you to our Xtreme Chiller? How many people would make that offer 4yrs later?

Without competition mode you won’t see freezing temperatures everyone posts. If you have completion mode and don’t see coolant temps to 32deg same as every one else there is a problem with a part or installation. I would suggest checking installation with the modifications you did. You probably have the valve hooked up wrong and I can still check that from a picture or diagram.
Quote:
Same kit you have on a whipple from 2012 with comp mode. Our vendor thread is full of endorsements going back to 2012 and 2010 with my former account STS Chiller. These are all 12” 30 plate original Super Chillers not 19” Xtreme Chiller. I don’t know what more anyone could ask for when these were complete kits that sold for $400 less than we get today and half of what the competition gets today.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...1&postcount=71

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...1&postcount=81

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...57&postcount=4

There was also user Whipped416 with your kit that posted freezing temps. I have private messages going back several years offering to help you.

Are you kidding me? I just read through ALL of our PM's, and NO WHERE is there an offer to upgrade my kit for free, not that I'm looking for a free upgrade. Did you ever ask for an address to send anything to? NO.

When I purchased this system, nowhere on your website did it say that only the "Competition Mode" will get freezing water temps versus the "non-Competition mode". My understanding at the time, from your own website, was the competition mode was an additional valve that was put in the freon system to isolate the evaporator core inside the passenger compartment, in order to keep water vapor from condensing and dripping onto the track.

The ONLY piece of your kit that I modified was the placement of the water/HX valve, as it would not fit where it did for the 2010-early 2012 model Camaro's.

When I posted my comment about ZERO issues, I meant just that, I have had ZERO MECHANICAL ISSUES, i.e. no leaks, all the parts were there, and two years later, I still had no leaks or any mechanical issues. I never said "I have had the system for 2 years and am 100% satisfied with it's performance".

-Scott

COTW 9/8/14
Old 04-18-2017, 08:59 AM   #27
TrekGTO

Quote:
How many times have I offered to update your kit for free or upgrade you to our Xtreme Chiller? How many people would make that offer 4yrs later?
Free update to our 2017 Freon Distribution Fitting. Not free upgrade to competition Xtreme Chiller.

Free update to our new for 17 Freon Distribution Fitting. Low cost upgrade to Xtreme Chiller, competition mode gets expensive, that is a new $200 manifold, solenoid and wiring harness. 100% of the cooling going to Interchiller lowers temperatures even more. You are comparing Street mode results to Competition mode results, no one buys street mode, they are special order. The offers still stand. If you want Competition Xtreme Chiller I would have to replace all but 2 parts and will give you a discount on that.

I still say you have the water valve hooked up wrong or a bad part and don't need to replace system. No reason your car should be different than all the others. Are you still running the Bosh Pump they are outdated too.
Old 04-18-2017, 09:52 AM   #28
Batmanntexas

Quote:
Free update to our 2017 Freon Distribution Fitting. Not free upgrade to competition Xtreme Chiller.

Free update to our new for 17 Freon Distribution Fitting. Low cost upgrade to Xtreme Chiller, competition mode gets expensive, that is a new $200 manifold, solenoid and wiring harness. 100% of the cooling going to Interchiller lowers temperatures even more. You are comparing Street mode results to Competition mode results, no one buys street mode, they are special order. The offers still stand. If you want Competition Xtreme Chiller I would have to replace all but 2 parts and will give you a discount on that.

I still say you have the water valve hooked up wrong or a bad part and don't need to replace system. No reason your car should be different than all the others. Are you still running the Bosh Pump they are outdated too.
I sent you a diagram of how I plumbed the water system several years ago, as i couldn't quite grasp how to connect it all, based off just a verbal description. Since I never received a response, I assumed that my diagram is correct, therefore my valve is plumbed correctly.

The valve is operational, as you can watch the water temp change as soon as you engage the A/C compressor. If you are referring to the H/X pump supplied by Whipple, yes, I am still running the same one. What is wrong with the Bosch unit? It doesn't flow as much as the newer pumps? Seems to me the lower flow rate would help to achieve lower water temps, as the water would remain in contact with the plates for a greater amount of time. Since there is a new freon distribution fitting, I'm guessing the old one is less than optimal for distributing the freon evenly across the plates? If so, then yes, absolutely send me the updated fitting.

-Scott

COTW 9/8/14