Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 01-14-2009, 06:52 PM   #1
CoolestCamaro873
The Road's A Bad Joke...

Drives: '12 Camaro SS
About To Cancel My Order!

Well, ladies and gentleman, it has been real fun gawking at the Camaro for 3 years now, but it seems like it will be the end for me soon! I'm finally at the point where GM has given me my last sour taste in my mouth! This summer I purchased an '09 Vette Coupe and upon delivery I found out it had a bad transmission from the factory! GM wanted to throw in a Remanufactured unit and call it even, I said no way I want a new Vette! After days of arguing with corporate my dealer finally refunded me my cash! The owner is a great guy! I was going to order a new Vette, but said you know what I'll wait for the Camaro I've been obsessed with since Dec. '05

Now, it has been three years and it has been an interesting and fun ride, but this whole situation GM has put us in is absurd! I talked to my dealer today who spoke with GM and found out that I will be guaranteed my Camaro 2SS/RS by October '09. Sorry, but this is unexceptable! I ordered the first day and was told upon order that I would have a car no later than May which was already long enough to be without a sports car, for me at least! But, I figured I'd hang in there. But, the fall is just unimaginable to me so I will sleep on it a couple of days, but it looks like I will most likely cancel my order or keep the order get another car and sell this thing on EBAY when it comes in!

The bad news for GM is I won't be purchasing another GM vehicle to replace the Camaro, I will, however, give my hard earned dollar to Nissan with their new 370Z! My first car was a Z and I always loved them! But, I eventually got a Vette, which was nice and faster, but it was never a better overall package than my Z. Especially for everyday driving. I will sleep on it, but I must say it is looking pretty slim that I will be driving a 2010 Camaro SS or any other GM vehicle for awhile maybe ever! This is another sour taste GM has given me, and it possibly may have been the last straw!

Sorry for the rant!

Last edited by CoolestCamaro873; 01-14-2009 at 07:05 PM.
CoolestCamaro873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 07:02 PM   #2
bcannan354

Drives: 1968 Camaro
Sorry to hear this. IMO.... you have waited for three years whats a couple more months?
bcannan354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 07:03 PM   #3
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Drives: 2017 ZL1 NGM A10
Sorry to hear that you had such an issue. I am surprised that you would wait three years though and then turn your back on the Camaro when it is this close now. And I am also surprised that you are thinking October for your car. I believe that because of the uncertainty of production plans at this point (or at least of the details of those plans making it to dealers) all dealers are a little gun shy right now. Per the IDL, all pre-orders are expectd to be out by October. I would say you would have a very good chance of getting your car by mid-summer at the latest. Anyway, it is certainly up to you what you do and I can't blame you for being upset over the handling of the vette. Whatever you do, best of luck to you.
Inspector 17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 07:04 PM   #4
NAHURRY
Love's to Detail

Drives: 2010 SS,97silverado/08crewcab
its you dollar my friend.
NAHURRY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 07:06 PM   #5
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
They won't guarantee anything. October is the end of the first allocation so that's why they said that. If you're #1 at your dealer, you should get that camaro MUCH sooner than October. Potentially as early as April.
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 07:08 PM   #6
Cyberfan

Drives: 08 Z06 Vette; 02 T/A Firehawk
Sorry you have had problems. Just bad luck I think.

I took delivery on a 2008 Z06 Corvette a year ago. Perfect and hasn't seen the dealer yet (only 1200 miles).

In 2001 took delivery on a special order 2002 Trans Am Firehawk, before that a new 1995 Firehawk and before that a 1992 Cadillac Eldorado. No problems with any of them when I took delivery. Been buying from the General for years and will probably continue, assuming the General survives.
Cyberfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 07:11 PM   #7
jeffny09

Drives: 2010 camaro
Send a message via AIM to jeffny09 Send a message via Yahoo to jeffny09
one person less for us to get our cars faster lol

10. A manual transmission is the ultimate in control
9. You can use automotive jargon and not sound like a total tool
8. You can't spell "manual" without "man"
7. Manual transmissions prove you can do more than one thing at a time
6. You can't drift in an auto
5. You can't pull fancy moves in an automatic
4. You get better fuel economy with a stick
3. You’ll never look like a chump if you can drive stick
2. Manual transmission cars are faster
1. Women like a guy who is good with his hands.

jeffny09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 07:13 PM   #8
CoolestCamaro873
The Road's A Bad Joke...

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCF w00t View Post
They won't guarantee anything. October is the end of the first allocation so that's why they said that. If you're #1 at your dealer, you should get that camaro MUCH sooner than October. Potentially as early as April.
Unfortunately, the dealer I ordered from is a very small dealer, but it is a family friend who owns the dealer! Small dealers that don't sell alot of cars get called by GM and told when they can give an allocation order in and for what kind of model/trim level. By the looks of it he won't get the go ahead for an SS for months, and than it will take 1-2 months to build and ship most likely is what I'm told, like a Vette! I had a choice to go to a bigger dealer that my Dad uses that does alot more business and get the SS for $500 over invoice, or go to the dealership I've boguht all my Vettes from and get the car at Invoice! Not realizing that GM would not anticipate that the market for the SS would kill the V6 due to enthusiasts demand, I went to my delaer who I'v been loyal to. It isn't his fault he's a small dealer in a small town. But, in hindsight I wish I would've gone to the larger dealer! Plus, the whole Vette thing and now this up in the air crap with the Camaro has put a bad taste in my mouth GM! Not to happy! I guess alot of people think like me which is why GM is on the verge of bankruptcy!
Old 01-14-2009, 07:15 PM   #9
CoolestCamaro873
The Road's A Bad Joke...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberfan View Post
Sorry you have had problems. Just bad luck I think.

I took delivery on a 2008 Z06 Corvette a year ago. Perfect and hasn't seen the dealer yet (only 1200 miles).

In 2001 took delivery on a special order 2002 Trans Am Firehawk, before that a new 1995 Firehawk and before that a 1992 Cadillac Eldorado. No problems with any of them when I took delivery. Been buying from the General for years and will probably continue, assuming the General survives.

Yeah I've had bad luck! I also had an '05 Vette that was recalled for the crank being no good, on the first shipment of '05 Vettes, when they first came out! And for the bad roof clips, my roof blew off on the highway! My engine had to come out and be swapped and I got rid of that car for a new one, and the roof clips had to be changed!
Old 01-14-2009, 07:16 PM   #10
CoolestCamaro873
The Road's A Bad Joke...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffny09 View Post
one person less for us to get our cars faster lol
Not exaclty! I'll probably keep my order and just sell the car on EBAY and jack up the price for some rich guy who gets itchy feet and wants one of the first SS Camaros!
Old 01-14-2009, 07:17 PM   #11
jeffny09

Drives: 2010 camaro
Send a message via AIM to jeffny09 Send a message via Yahoo to jeffny09
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolestCamaro873 View Post
Not exaclty! I'll probably keep my order and just sell the car on EBAY and jack up the price for some rich guy who gets itchy feet and wants one of the first SS Camaros!
only messin around-buut why wait for it get it then sell it?

10. A manual transmission is the ultimate in control
9. You can use automotive jargon and not sound like a total tool
8. You can't spell "manual" without "man"
7. Manual transmissions prove you can do more than one thing at a time
6. You can't drift in an auto
5. You can't pull fancy moves in an automatic
4. You get better fuel economy with a stick
3. You’ll never look like a chump if you can drive stick
2. Manual transmission cars are faster
1. Women like a guy who is good with his hands.

jeffny09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 07:18 PM   #12
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolestCamaro873 View Post
Hah. If you do that, me thinks you won't be able to bring yourself to sell it.
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 07:20 PM   #13
CoolestCamaro873
The Road's A Bad Joke...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffny09 View Post
only messin around-buut why wait for it get it then sell it?
Because, I'll already have another car, probably a Z! So, I'll have my sports car, sell the SS for rediculous money after only paying Invoice and put some mods in the Z! So, when the SS comes in it comes in, but now the wait won't matter because in reality it won't be my baby any longer! And that's if I decide to get another replacement, I'm not there yet but close!
Old 01-14-2009, 07:21 PM   #14
CoolestCamaro873
The Road's A Bad Joke...

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCF w00t View Post
Hah. If you do that, me thinks you won't be able to bring yourself to sell it.
I think I can do it, especially if the Z is what I think it is!