Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast

Old 04-09-2009, 07:50 PM   #1
garyj800

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS
Test drive a Camaro at Barrett Jackson WPB,Fl

For anyone in the area.....you can test drive a 2010 Camaro at the Barrett Jackson aution in West Palm Beach, FL this weekend!

GM has a "driving experience" where you get to drive some of their vehicles. They have a Silverado, Solstice, Yukon, and others.....including the Camaro.

You have to test drive one of the other cars before getting inline for the Camaro but when I went (Thurs) it didnt take to long to drive the Camaro.

The course is one lap, you get a straight away, a couple chicanes, another short staight away and a final long staightaway with a couple more chicanes. Over all the whole drive is about 1-1.5 mins long. Because of the chicanes you can't really get up past 30 or so but is is still awesome. The car handles the turns really well and feels like it is riding on rails.

The cars are V-6's and a GM rep rides along with you. If you have a child or someone who can't drive they can ride with you in the backseat. You just need to have to have a valid DL from any state. I'm not sure if anyone with a valid DL can drive or if you have to over 18.

If you got the free time it's worth the drive to go there and check it out, definetly worth the $13 admission into the auction just to drive the car. It's free to drive the car and you get a nice hat also. They also have a Red Jewel Tint SS outside the experience that you can sit in and open the hood and trunk. There are also other Camaro's throughout auction including the Camaro Black, Dale JR Sema car and the Red LS7.

Something you should go check out if you can. You get to drive a Camaro before others who have ordered one get theirs. It was good for me since I've gotta wait about a year till I can get out of the lease of my Silverado before I can get the Camaro.

If any one goes enjoy, I did!
garyj800 is offline   Reply With Quote