Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 12-04-2013, 03:31 PM   #1
gmen09

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS ls3
Do you guys think the z06 is the big brother?

I want to hear some opinions on if you guys think the z06 is the big brother to the Z/28. It sure seems like it is, since they are both light weight, high revving naturally aspirated v8, and meant to kill everything on the track. Do you guys agree that the Corvette z06 is the big brother to the Camaro Z/28 or is it not quite that simple?
Old 12-04-2013, 07:40 PM   #2
SEVEN-OH JOE
Account Suspended

Drives: some to distraction
Actually, the Z06-Z07 is its shorter, lighter brother, with the same muscle mass and bigger feet, who can run a sprint, cross-country or an obstacle course in a quicker time.
SEVEN-OH JOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 07:44 PM   #3
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Corvette is the GM high performance halo car. The new Z/28 is a niche car, a purpose built ride for road racing. Perhaps it harkens to the thoughts of engineers, in a way, like back in '67. Any Z06 or ZR1 variant of the Stingray Vette will be more cross engineered to fit more needs of consumers than the Z/28 will be. They will be built, there are no specs or information on them yet, but be rest assured they will be coming. The Vette is above the Camaro. It's the top of the food chain Chevy performance model. And that's the way it's always been, and will continue to be, and it's all good with me. If you want a low slung two seat brawler, get the Vette. The Z/28 can still fit 4, but why bother...it's a tracker par excellence. The ZL1 does what the Vette does to a degree, but is more comfortable. Something for everyone here, Find new roads...
Old 12-04-2013, 08:42 PM   #4
Nick S

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmen09 View Post
I want to hear some opinions on if you guys think the z06 is the big brother to the Z/28. It sure seems like it is, since they are both light weight, high revving naturally aspirated v8, and meant to kill everything on the track. Do you guys agree that the Corvette z06 is the big brother to the Camaro Z/28 or is it not quite that simple?
Light Weight is a relative phrase. Is the Z28 "light weight" compared to the ZL1. YES. Is it light weight compared to the Z06 or the new Stingray. Um...No. You could probably add a second LS7 engine to the Z06 and still weigh less than the Z28.

I think the Z28 benefits from the experience and development of the Corvette models for sure, but I think the personalities of the two cars are very different. I can see where a lot of people probably make the conclusion you are asking about though. Both are very high performance track cars built with a purpose.

I wouldn't mind owning both so I could compare the two and give real world experience feedback!! But that will not be in the cards for me.
Old 12-04-2013, 08:52 PM   #5
OldScoolCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick S View Post
Light Weight is a relative phrase. Is the Z28 "light weight" compared to the ZL1. YES. Is it light weight compared to the Z06 or the new Stingray. Um...No. You could probably add a second LS7 engine to the Z06 and still weigh less than the Z28.

I think the Z28 benefits from the experience and development of the Corvette models for sure, but I think the personalities of the two cars are very different. I can see where a lot of people probably make the conclusion you are asking about though. Both are very high performance track cars built with a purpose.

I wouldn't mind owning both so I could compare the two and give real world experience feedback!! But that will not be in the cards for me.
Good post! I sat in a '14 Stingray. Where I am at in my life right now, it's not where I want to be comfort wise. I like the OS<oh shit!!!> handles with the carbon fiber interior accents and roof panel. It's one sharp looking ride no doubt. I like the feel of my ZL1 better. But I have always been a Camaro guy my whole life.
Old 12-04-2013, 11:56 PM   #6
Stock Boy

Drives: 2014 1LE
I don't even feel like they are closely related...second cousin maybe. Def not from the same uterus in my opinion.
Stock Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 08:26 PM   #7
OldScoolCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stock Boy View Post
I don't even feel like they are closely related...second cousin maybe. Def not from the same uterus in my opinion.
Brothers from the same mother, but distinctly differrent they are.
Old 12-06-2013, 02:27 PM   #8
11B250

Drives: Corvette Z06
I made a post about this just now actually....

Why get the Z28 when you can get a low mileage Z06 and outperform this car stock for stock?
11B250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 02:46 PM   #9
Col. Brain

Drives: 2012 Ram 1980 Malibu
in my case - im tempted to dump my Z06 so i can take my kids with

Also some just prefer Camaros over Corvettes and vice versa.

As with your other thread - Z06s with the Z07 package have the CC brakes on them.

And i would not be surprised if there are a few Z06s still sitting on lots brand new.

If you want a Z06 by all means buy one. They are great cars.
Col. Brain is offline   Reply With Quote