Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2010, 01:42 PM   #3627
Speed74SS

 
Speed74SS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 LPE 650+ CTS-V
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sioux Falls, SD
Posts: 1,640
Quote:
Originally Posted by 570hp-lpe View Post
I ordered a camera suction cup mount ($50.00) so I can stick my $100.00 camera on my windshield and give you guys Video (and sound) from the autocross events.

Unfortunately, the next SCCA event isn't until July 18th... I may go find another autocross event at another smaller club if I have the car finished before then.
I will be borrowing a Go Pro camera for my next road track outing on July 11th. It should be fun to see and I will post it up.
__________________
'10 CTS-V : LPE 650+ Package 587hp / 582tq

2.55 Upper / 8.6 Lower / ID850's / Kooks Longtubes / New Era CAI
Speed74SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 02:48 PM   #3628
600hp-lpe


 
Drives: 2010
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: NH
Posts: 4,767
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Is this your campany's equipment or did your go with something like GoPro?

It's mine.. Camera is about the same size (Fuji) and does video...
600hp-lpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 03:13 PM   #3629
JusticePete
 
JusticePete's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro Justice
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 20,250
Quote:
Originally Posted by 570hp-lpe View Post
It's mine.. Camera is about the same size (Fuji) and does video...
Thanks for the info.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 03:27 PM   #3630
JusticePete
 
JusticePete's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro Justice
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 20,250
Quote:
Originally Posted by mws444 View Post
Man I cant wait to see video on this car! I figured to catch cans were needed, but that is wild yours is filling so fast. I wonder if there is a mod for the PVC location to help? Have you added a heat extractor hood to help cool things off yet? Thanks for shaking things out for us!
Here is the video from the old course at Gingerman.


New Course video


FYI, this was just a shake down session for:
  • Pedders Supercar Coilovers
  • CTS-V Brakes
  • Revised Sway Bars

The results:
  • The car is faster.
  • The Supercar Coilovers are better than sex. Incredibly smooth with amazing control.
  • CTS-V brake Bias is PERFECT
  • CTS-V Street Pads were over worked. We will go back to dedicated track pads. The SS brakes with Cobalt Friction Pads were better. CTS-V brakes with Cobalt Friction pads will be the right tool for the job.
  • Revised Sway Bars -- Fail. No where near as good as our production Solution C. Now I have more high quality spring steel to recycle.

Last edited by JusticePete; 06-17-2010 at 04:08 PM. Reason: Added Link
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 06:02 PM   #3631
600hp-lpe


 
Drives: 2010
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: NH
Posts: 4,767
Pete, what are you using for data acquisition that gives you the gear, speed, etc...
600hp-lpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 06:13 PM   #3632
JusticePete
 
JusticePete's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro Justice
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 20,250
Quote:
Originally Posted by 570hp-lpe View Post
Pete, what are you using for data acquisition that gives you the gear, speed, etc...
Pretty cool, isn't it? We also have access to the full data range on board the Camaro for the stability control, abs and engine management. Everything from individual wheel slip to IATs. What I can show you on video is from Rec-Technology and dashware. A DL1 with a CAN Bus is primary. The DL1 is GPS driven data and with the Can Bus lugs into the OBD under the steering wheel. Then you add it to the Dashware program to display it as video. The equipment is a around 3K if I remember correctly.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 07:16 PM   #3633
600hp-lpe


 
Drives: 2010
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: NH
Posts: 4,767
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Pretty cool, isn't it? We also have access to the full data range on board the Camaro for the stability control, abs and engine management. Everything from individual wheel slip to IATs. What I can show you on video is from Rec-Technology and dashware. A DL1 with a CAN Bus is primary. The DL1 is GPS driven data and with the Can Bus lugs into the OBD under the steering wheel. Then you add it to the Dashware program to display it as video. The equipment is a around 3K if I remember correctly.
I have the CAN bus data acquisition variables already with the corporate product (for common vehicle data points - odometer, tachometer, throttle position, IAT, etc.). We log and display the data to a management server located in the data center.

What supplies the steering position?
I see the multiple accelerometers in the DL1 provide the g force reading..

those 2 variables I don't have...(g force and steering position) I think I have the rest of the items, although we don't display braking, I could get it added to the production product pretty easily.

The dashware software looks pretty neat..
600hp-lpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 07:18 PM   #3634
mws444


 
mws444's Avatar
 
Drives: 701 RWHP Lingenfelter/Pedders Beast
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: El Paso
Posts: 2,973
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Pretty cool, isn't it? We also have access to the full data range on board the Camaro for the stability control, abs and engine management. Everything from individual wheel slip to IATs. What I can show you on video is from Rec-Technology and dashware. A DL1 with a CAN Bus is primary. The DL1 is GPS driven data and with the Can Bus lugs into the OBD under the steering wheel. Then you add it to the Dashware program to display it as video. The equipment is a around 3K if I remember correctly.
What are you using for an accelerometer? Also what reads the steering wheel position? That is Wicked Tech! I may get with you on it all that if I really get into the racing thing, it would make dialing in a track faster and really show a drivers weak points after the fact.
__________________
Lingenfelter forged balanced and blueprinted LS3, Maggie TVS 2300 LPE 9.5" Rearend 3.73,LPE dual disk clutch,10/14 rib belt drive,
MTI shifter,RPM Level VI,Corsa stainless cat back, Racing Brake Rotors, LPE calipers, LPE twin fuel pumps, American Racing long tube headers, GT9 cam Port and polished heads and an ADM majic tune.
701 RWHP,Fully Pedderized w/complete bushings and Sportsryder Supercar Remote resevior coilovers.
CCW 505t's Nitto Invo's and DR's
Beware of the LPE Brotherhood!
mws444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 07:22 PM   #3635
JusticePete
 
JusticePete's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro Justice
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 20,250
Is there an echo in here?

The DL1 uses GPS and accelerometers. The OBD / Can Bus connection provides the pedal position, clutch position, steering wheel position.

Time for a product plug 570hp-lpe. What is the name of your company?
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 08:12 PM   #3636
600hp-lpe


 
Drives: 2010
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: NH
Posts: 4,767
Inmotion Technology - Company is based in Vancouver Canada.

http://www.inmotiontechnology.com/

The unit that goes in a vehicle has ( physical ports on the device) 4 - 10/100 ethernet ports, 2 usb ports, a serial port, provisions for multiple cellular air cards, a built in WIFI access point, GPS receiver, and outbound WIFI. I can also connect a Satellite Terminal for disaster recovery/aircraft connectivity.

All data is logged to a management system for GPS, Telemetry, RFID tags (used on EMS stretchers and defibrillators), vehicle tracking, and also has remote desktop capability for remote diagnosis/connectivity to the computers in the vehicle.

I could track the vehicle around the racetrack, and be able to display the data (lap times) - though it is only as accurate as GPS - within 50' moving that fast..

We can send HD full motion video over the platform. Police use that all the time and store the data. It is expensive for Video - the Camera is pretty expensive.

Very good internet access. I have 3 MB/sec downstream, 1Mbps upstream capability for throughput through my device in and around the vehicle using WIFI. The Inmotion OMG builds a WIFI hotspot in and around the vehicle.
600hp-lpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 08:13 PM   #3637
600hp-lpe


 
Drives: 2010
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: NH
Posts: 4,767
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Is there an echo in here?

The DL1 uses GPS and accelerometers. The OBD / Can Bus connection provides the pedal position, clutch position, steering wheel position.

Time for a product plug 570hp-lpe. What is the name of your company?

LOL - I posted first... by 2 minutes.
600hp-lpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 08:24 PM   #3638
JusticePete
 
JusticePete's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro Justice
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 20,250
Quote:
Originally Posted by 570hp-lpe View Post
Inmotion Technology - Company is based in Vancouver Canada.

http://www.inmotiontechnology.com/

The unit that goes in a vehicle has ( physical ports on the device) 4 - 10/100 ethernet ports, 2 usb ports, a serial port, provisions for multiple cellular air cards, a built in WIFI access point, GPS receiver, and outbound WIFI. I can also connect a Satellite Terminal for disaster recovery/aircraft connectivity.

All data is logged to a management system for GPS, Telemetry, RFID tags (used on EMS stretchers and defibrillators), vehicle tracking, and also has remote desktop capability for remote diagnosis/connectivity to the computers in the vehicle.

I could track the vehicle around the racetrack, and be able to display the data (lap times) - though it is only as accurate as GPS - within 50' moving that fast..

We can send HD full motion video over the platform. Police use that all the time and store the data. It is expensive for Video - the Camera is pretty expensive.

Very good internet access. I have 3 MB/sec downstream, 1Mbps upstream capability for throughput through my device in and around the vehicle using WIFI. The Inmotion OMG builds a WIFI hotspot in and around the vehicle.
That is seriously cool. The stuff I use has a memory card.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 08:25 PM   #3639
JusticePete
 
JusticePete's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro Justice
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Virginia
Posts: 20,250
Quote:
Originally Posted by 570hp-lpe View Post
LOL - I posted first... by 2 minutes.
The winner!
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 09:33 PM   #3640
mws444


 
mws444's Avatar
 
Drives: 701 RWHP Lingenfelter/Pedders Beast
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: El Paso
Posts: 2,973
Wow, all this high tech stuff is cool! I guess I need to step up and start learning. I may break down and get a full tune suite for my laptop as well. That way LPE could just log into my car for tweaks.
__________________
Lingenfelter forged balanced and blueprinted LS3, Maggie TVS 2300 LPE 9.5" Rearend 3.73,LPE dual disk clutch,10/14 rib belt drive,
MTI shifter,RPM Level VI,Corsa stainless cat back, Racing Brake Rotors, LPE calipers, LPE twin fuel pumps, American Racing long tube headers, GT9 cam Port and polished heads and an ADM majic tune.
701 RWHP,Fully Pedderized w/complete bushings and Sportsryder Supercar Remote resevior coilovers.
CCW 505t's Nitto Invo's and DR's
Beware of the LPE Brotherhood!
mws444 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Lingenfelter 2010 Camaro Engine Packages Including New Vehicle Now Available Tim@Lingenfelter Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons 6 06-18-2010 07:11 AM
Lingenfelter 2010 Camaro Engine Packages - up to 800hp! Sizzox 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 108 04-14-2010 07:09 PM
My Lingenfelter Camaro Build Speed74SS Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons 244 10-08-2009 10:00 PM
Lingenfelter Supercharged Camaro makes 600 RWHP!! Kevin@Lingenfelter Forced Induction - V8 218 06-24-2009 02:26 PM
Three 2010 Camaros Arrive at Lingenfelter Performance Engineering Sizzox 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 25 04-26-2009 01:15 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:03 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.