Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 04-29-2018, 04:51 PM   #1
Gixxer 1000
Gixxer 1000

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS M6
Power Steering went out on 2012 1SS

I noticed one day I was driving my car and the power steering started to make a whining noise so I pulled over to check it out, popped the hood and noticed that some of the fluid had leaked out on the front driver side of frame so I checked the power steering fluid level and It was a little low so then I drove the car to Auto Zone and got some fluid so I could make it back home, Then when I got home I started to check where the leak was coming from, had to take the CAI off and I checked the screw that leads up to the bottom of the power steering pump and it was a little loose so I tighten it down and checked the fluid again started the car but I still have no power steering, I tried the bleeding process where you take off the cap and turn the wheel all the right and all the way left many of times but have got no results and when I turn the car off I can hear what sounds like fluid bubbling up from the steering reservoir, do you guys think my power steering pump has gone bad?
Old 04-29-2018, 08:40 PM   #2
ColdfuzionTN

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
Not sure on your situation but sounds like pump died. Here is a great video on replacing it.

ColdfuzionTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2018, 11:34 PM   #3
Gixxer 1000
Gixxer 1000

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdfuzionTN View Post
Not sure on your situation but sounds like pump died. Here is a great video on replacing it.

Ok Thanks so much Coldfuzion TN for the video.