Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 05-28-2012, 10:07 PM   #1
2010Camaro2SSRS

Drives: Silver 2010 Camaro 2SSRS
Pfadt, BMR, or ???

I am planning to lower my 2010 Camaro SS about an inch using lowering springs. Which brand do you recommend and why? Thank you in advance!
2010Camaro2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 10:34 PM   #2
RedRocketSS
BSHU

Drives: 2011 Red Jewel SS
I dont think you can go wrong with either. I personally have Pfadt and after some tweaking, there awesome and glad I picked them. I really love the Pfadt stance.
Old 05-28-2012, 10:35 PM   #3
rjdapilmoto
DAP-ONE [COTW - 12/23/13]

Drives: 2010 - 2SS/RS IOM
There are many to choose from. Depends on your needs and budget. I personally, am having Pedders installed this week.
rjdapilmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 01:25 AM   #4
spacecowby

Drives: 2010 black 2SS/RS
I have Pfadt and while I can only speak for their product I love it and the stance it gives.

Black cars are not hobbies, they are an obsession
spacecowby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 05:00 AM   #5
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRocketSS View Post
I dont think you can go wrong with either.
They are both great products.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 05:10 AM   #6
AirManFL
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Drives: 2018 ZL1
I installed the 1" BMR with a friend in an afternoon and I'm really happy with them. The instructions were very good.

I've had no squeaking or popping sounds whatsoever.

Rob
AirManFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 09:01 AM   #7
Sales @ ECS

Drives: 2011 CG 2SS
Either brand you cannot go wrong with.

I have used the Pfadt's personally on my car and I loved them before swapping out for their full street coilover system.
Sales @ ECS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 04:20 PM   #8
PfadtRacing

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
Well we know which one we would recommend, but don't take our word for it... check out our Drop Spring Photo Gallery and see what your Camaro can look like after a Pfadt drop spring installation! Pfadt Race Engineering Drop Spring Picture Thread!
PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 01:17 AM   #9
2010Camaro2SSRS

Drives: Silver 2010 Camaro 2SSRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRocketSS View Post
I dont think you can go wrong with either. I personally have Pfadt and after some tweaking, there awesome and glad I picked them. I really love the Pfadt stance.
What type of "tweaking" did you have to do?
2010Camaro2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 07:49 AM   #10
Indy Bumble Bee

Drives: Beest
Pedders,BMR,Pfadt are all good, and you wont be dissapointed with any of them. Personally I have driven one with Pfadt upgrades and this will be the one I am going with. I just liked how the car handled so much better. However, I would not be opposed to drive another car with a different setup with BMR or Pedders in it. It comes down to money and do what your gut tells you.
Indy Bumble Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 08:08 AM   #11
ChriSS84
Account Suspended

Drives: 2SS
I have pfadt springs and sways on my car, but I switched to BMR/Pedders. I've heard of Pfadt employees treating people I know like pieces of shit, so I won't give them any business anymore, and I'm thinking about removing my Pfadt stuff. Plus the price of BMR is better.
ChriSS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 09:27 AM   #12
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
I am a little biased, but I think it is hard to beat our BMR parts as far as quality, price, and customer service goes. Our parts are all made in-house here in the USA so we are able to pass on the savings the customer and keep our quality control to a very high level so our customers recieve a high quality parts at a very affordable price. If there is anything we can do to help you guys out let us know or give us a call.
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 03:58 PM   #13
PfadtRacing

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChriSS84 View Post
I have pfadt springs and sways on my car, but I switched to BMR/Pedders. I've heard of Pfadt employees treating people I know like pieces of shit, so I won't give them any business anymore, and I'm thinking about removing my Pfadt stuff. Plus the price of BMR is better.
Customer service is EXTREMELY important to everyone in this company, and there isn't a single situation that I've seen in my tenure at Pfadt Race Engineering in which a customer or potential customer wasn't treated with the utmost respect and consideration. If you, or anyone else on the forum have any issues with us or our customer service practices please feel free to send me an email personally. We do take our customer service and public image very seriously and would love to talk things over if you feel we've somehow slighted you.

Ultimately the decision of whose parts to purchase or keep on your car is up to you, but our goal is to provide as positive a purchasing and ownership experience as possible.

My email address is jarrett@pfadtracing.com or you can reach us at 1-888-972-2464.
PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 10:23 PM   #14
Bill Waters

Drives: 2011 RS/SS; 1965 Cobra Factory Five
We are fortunate to be surrounded by great vendors with excellent products.

I personally selected Pfadt, and put together my equipment over a year. Many phone calls to Pfadt over that period of time, and when I had questions or doubts during installation, were always treated with deference and respect. Not ever the slightest bit of impatience or impertinence.

They, not I, suggested that any unused parts be returned for credit. They always ended any communication by encouraging me to call or email if I had any questions or problems. Their customer service has been superb.

Just weighing in with my experience.

Bill
Bill Waters is offline   Reply With Quote