Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 10-30-2013, 06:47 PM   #15
Steve
Ancalagon The Black

Drives: 2013 Silverado 4X4, 2010 RJT 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe@CPR.com View Post
http://store.pfadtracing.com/2010-ca...-trailing-arm/

These are what you want. We can set you up w/ any pfadt or BMR products if you wish, me personally would run the Pfdat's!
These are the ones I installed. They helped considerably.
Old 10-30-2013, 07:14 PM   #16
lugnut65

Drives: 12 2SS/RS 45th L99
Thanks for all the response I now have a direction to go in So I can go either BMR or Phadt Is it a matter of choice,they both seem good,BMR looks more beefy(in a good way) But the phadt is less money
Old 10-30-2013, 10:39 PM   #17
Fast6.3

Drives: 2016 2SS coupe 2015 3LT Stingray
I got pfadt rear arm package rear upper control arm bushings pedders cradle bushing inserts and no wheel hop. If you get the bmr trailing arms make sure you get the outer bushing which is not included with the arms and is a critical bushing
Old 10-31-2013, 06:16 AM   #18
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by lugnut65 View Post
Thanks for all the response I now have a direction to go in So I can go either BMR or Phadt Is it a matter of choice,they both seem good,BMR looks more beefy(in a good way) But the phadt is less money
Both companies make great parts. You can't make a wrong decision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast6.3 View Post
If you get the bmr trailing arms make sure you get the outer bushing which is not included with the arms and is a critical bushing
This.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 02:27 PM   #19
TBone
Negative Camber Junkie

Drives: 2010 1SS LS3/6MN ABM 1 of 23
Quote:
I finally got 2,000k on my 12 ss ls3 and time to start driving it I been playing around with launches and full throttle kicks And I observed two things Drive by wire blows,and the nannies are really annoying
The hesitation from a kick until the pedal catches up with the throttle blade really is a bummer Also I turned off all nannies(hold button for 10 seconds)and tried to light the tires all I got was a bunch of wheel hop
I dumped it at about 4k and it chattered all the way through first gear
Is this what we have to deal with on modern muscle cars
lugnut,

You have gotten so great answers to your short term issue but no one has asked you what your goals are with your car. So I will...

What is your GMMB?

Not just short term but long term? Because if you just put "Inserts" in and then put a cam or blower on later then you are going to have to upgrade to a solid, poly or actual solid, type bushing later thus doing twice the work. But if you put them in now you are good to go for the future.

Etc, etc... if you can give us some more info we can answer your question better so you may not have to do things twice.

T.
I can't wait for my next
Track fix.
DA HAWKS OWN DA CUP!!!!!
TBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 03:05 PM   #20
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
You honestly can't go wrong either way, if you want shoot me a PM or an e-mail with the BMR parts you are interested in and I will see what we can do for you.
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 04:19 PM   #21
Bo White

Drives: 2015 Summit White 2SS 1LE
I've put the full bushings in mine and will say if I'm going to go through the trouble of dropping my cradle down I'd just go ahead and remove the stock bushings. Time wise between the two is just the time it takes to heat the cradle.
2010 1SS Wilkes Performance/Eagle 416 shortblock, TSP custom valvetrain, PRC 260 heads, Edelbrock Pro Flo 102, th400 swap, 8" PTC 5500 stall= 535/435 at the wheels tuned Gen 3 Performance and Dyno 10.97 @ 124 full weight in 3100 DA CamaroFest X
Bo White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 06:55 AM   #22
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo White View Post
I've put the full bushings in mine and will say if I'm going to go through the trouble of dropping my cradle down I'd just go ahead and remove the stock bushings. Time wise between the two is just the time it takes to heat the cradle.
Full bushings are the way to go.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 11:43 AM   #23
lugnut65

Drives: 12 2SS/RS 45th L99
Ok IM not going to drag race the car,just want it to not wheel hop and be more fun
I have a drag car already so this will be a cruise in,and maybe car show car
I do plan on supercharger when the warentee is up,really looking at the SLP looks pretty easy to install and complete.But then I would want to put on dyno(none around here) So I thought about letting lingenfelter do the work cause its complete and I will have dyno time Anyway that's for another forum,but I just want the car to be less forgiving and smoke them tires!
Old 11-01-2013, 12:06 PM   #24
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
Quote:
Ok IM not going to drag race the car,just want it to not wheel hop and be more fun
I have a drag car already so this will be a cruise in,and maybe car show car
I do plan on supercharger when the warentee is up,really looking at the SLP looks pretty easy to install and complete.But then I would want to put on dyno(none around here) So I thought about letting lingenfelter do the work cause its complete and I will have dyno time Anyway that's for another forum,but I just want the car to be less forgiving and smoke them tires!
If you plan to supercharge one day, don't waste your time with inserts. I suggest going strait for the solid bushings. The Pfadt Solid subframe bushings Part # 1410106 are the best option IMHO. At the same time I'd suggest doing the Upper control arm bushings (Part # JDPS1001) as there is a lot of overlapping labor. The trailing arm/toe rod package (Part # 1410134) would be a good thing to do at the same time as well.

You may even want to consider doing the Pfadt ZL spec stage 3 kit (Part # 1450031). This kit includes front and rear ZL spec sway bars, springs, solid bushings and the rear trailing arm/toe rod package.

Feel free to call, PM or email me with questions or for the BEST prices.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 12:39 PM   #25
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
My wife really hates (wink wink) the ported throttle body I put on a long time ago. She complains that the tires break loose too quickly on her (leaving a stoplight/sign). Yes, she has a heavy foot.
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 12:39 AM   #26
dookie454

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS LS3
For what it's worth, I bought my car when it was cold (45Fish) with full tread tires at ~11K miles and it wheel hopped worse than anything I thought possible... then I put a Whipple on it and while it was cold, it would only wheel hop at about the "stock" power level (1/2 throttle wheel spin which was about full throttle before the Whipple).. but if I floored it and just roasted them, no wheel hop. Then it warmed up a bit and all summer long + 15k later and a full tread's worth of wheel spin later literally, no wheel hop no matter what I did this whole time.... then now it's colder 45F and holy shit it wheel hops at partial throttle like no other again!

Just thought the change in temp (lack of tire traction) and wheel hop was weird (fully stock suspension+tires)
dookie454 is offline   Reply With Quote