Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 02-26-2017, 08:21 PM   #617
Hopstar

Drives: 2010 camaro Ss
JOYING 7" NEW Developed Android 5.1 Car Radio Double 2 Din Quad Core 1024x600 Bluetooth WiFi Car Stereo Touch Screen GPS Navigation AM FM Indash Radio Receiver Head Unit Support Steering Wheel 1080P https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M8M4S39..._a04SybD8AHWQD
Hopstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 10:09 PM   #618
rydahog

Drives: camaro ss
joying..:(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopstar View Post
JOYING 7" NEW Developed Android 5.1 Car Radio Double 2 Din Quad Core 1024x600 Bluetooth WiFi Car Stereo Touch Screen GPS Navigation AM FM Indash Radio Receiver Head Unit Support Steering Wheel 1080P https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M8M4S39..._a04SybD8AHWQD

i am not sure about possible new version of this? BUT...i know for a fact someone who got this,,and nothing but issues...:( hard to communicate with people in china....HU never really worked and now its a brick..:(
rydahog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 11:20 PM   #619
erftbll81

Drives: 2012 Camaro LT
Just installed mine with a jvc v820bt, the fit is great and looks awesome.

I previously had an alpine dash kit with the INA-W910, this setup had a ton of problems, TPMS errors all the time, my key fob range was awful, the dash kit would reset at startup every time so I had to re-set my climate controls each time I turned on my car, and the navigation would crash at startup, also my installer did a shitty job so my radio had a lot of static.

Installed this myself tonight and wired everything up nicely, previous setup was a wiring disaster, I even installed a backup camera, and some footwell lighting while I did this. So far 0 issues!

Pics attached 👍
Attached Images

erftbll81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 06:18 AM   #620
Snoman
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: 2013 Dusk Edition 2SS/M6/Sun/NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Saturn View Post
Quote:
I don't see any Android radios that will fit all I see is pioneer and kenwood.
All the major name brand radios commercially sold in America should fit. Android radios are slightly oversized and will not fit. Which is unfortunate, that's the only reason I haven't bought this kit already.
^^^ This. I had to go back and look, thought someone did a custom mod to get an Android model to work, didn't happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rydahog View Post
Quote:
I think I've found a few on Amazon... the description says 100mm by 178mm so I think that will fit.
Quote:
i am not sure about possible new version of this? BUT...i know for a fact someone who got this,,and nothing but issues...:( hard to communicate with people in china....HU never really worked and now its a brick..:(
What rydahog said and more. The sellers are lying about size, functionality and and any support you will receive. If you have money to burn on R&D by all means go for it, but know you are paving a dangerous path for yourself. JOYING has been banned from the car audio professional community the last I heard from those that are up to date.
Snoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 06:27 AM   #621
Hopstar

Yeah I'm a bit weary of them but I have a 2010 no hud bare minimum BA system no bluetooth etc... no cameras so I'm just trying to find the best head unit to play music video SD / USB. I would like one that has an OBD2 option but only the androids seem to have that option.... anyone have any recommendations? Place a link to the radio if you do that you know fits the PAC kit.... thanks!

Hop
Old 02-27-2017, 06:45 AM   #622
Snoman
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: 2013 Dusk Edition 2SS/M6/Sun/NPP
Quote:
Yeah I'm a bit weary of them but I have a 2010 no hud bare minimum BA system no bluetooth etc... no cameras so I'm just trying to find the best head unit to play music video SD / USB. I would like one that has an OBD2 option but only the androids seem to have that option.... anyone have any recommendations? Place a link to the radio if you do that you know fits the PAC kit.... thanks!

Hop
The solutions available for this niche are expensive as it requires the integrated processing capabilities of a tablet, iPad, laptop or MacAIR Pro. While it may seem logical, Car audio in America (off the shelf) does not have these capabilities and will not in any foreseeable future. Your best DIY solution is to purchase a standard radio for DVD/HD/SD functionality and use a tablet / phone for ODB2 functionality.
Snoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 07:23 AM   #623
Lawdog86

Drives: 2011 2SS Black w/Orange Stripes
erftbll81, what camera did you go with, and are you happy with it?
Lawdog86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 08:36 AM   #624
Hopstar

I haven't selected a camera yet as I'm trying to find a head unit to fit the kit. Once I find out the head unit then I will decide the camera. However, if I can I will get a head unit that has a camera with it as I shouldn't run into any compatability issues. If the head unit I select doesn't come with a camera but has the capability I will reply to you with my selection and how well I like it.
Old 02-27-2017, 09:00 AM   #625
Hopstar

jvc v820bt review

Quote:
Originally Posted by erftbll81 View Post
Just installed mine with a jvc v820bt, the fit is great and looks awesome.

I previously had an alpine dash kit with the INA-W910, this setup had a ton of problems, TPMS errors all the time, my key fob range was awful, the dash kit would reset at startup every time so I had to re-set my climate controls each time I turned on my car, and the navigation would crash at startup, also my installer did a shitty job so my radio had a lot of static.

Installed this myself tonight and wired everything up nicely, previous setup was a wiring disaster, I even installed a backup camera, and some footwell lighting while I did this. So far 0 issues!

Pics attached 👍
The dimensions say 178mm by 100mm you didn't have to trim anything? Also does the jvc v820bt have its ownGPS system or does it need an external navigation system? I read the manual it has a GPS antenna but in the manual it shows a plug for a navigation system plug the GPS antenna. I like the way this looks and has most of the features I'm looking for. Thanks for helping me out....

Hop
Old 02-27-2017, 11:02 AM   #626
erftbll81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawdog86 View Post
erftbll81, what camera did you go with, and are you happy with it?
I used this basic one from amazon for about $20, working good so far, pretty decent quality. I've never had a backup camera before, so i don't have much to compare it to.

https://www.amazon.com/AUTO-VOX-Reve...s=vox+6+camera
Old 02-27-2017, 11:04 AM   #627
erftbll81

Quote:
The dimensions say 178mm by 100mm you didn't have to trim anything? Also does the jvc v820bt have its ownGPS system or does it need an external navigation system? I read the manual it has a GPS antenna but in the manual it shows a plug for a navigation system plug the GPS antenna. I like the way this looks and has most of the features I'm looking for. Thanks for helping me out....

Hop
Did not have to trim anything.

It has a GPS antenna, though it does not have its own GPS system, it uses apple's Car Play, so if you have an iPhone it works well.
Old 02-27-2017, 12:48 PM   #628
Hopstar

I use android. Ok thanks I'll keep looking...
Old 02-27-2017, 01:22 PM   #629
beak81champ
ILSQ

Drives: '13 2SS/RS
Which HU's with capacitive touch screens fit this kit? I read that you have to trim the kit left and right sides to fit the Pioneer AVIC-8200NEX. Which Kenwood units are capacitive screens? Are there any other Pioneer units that are?
Old 02-27-2017, 09:45 PM   #630
whoanelli

Drives: 2014 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by beak81champ View Post
Which HU's with capacitive touch screens fit this kit? I read that you have to trim the kit left and right sides to fit the Pioneer AVIC-8200NEX. Which Kenwood units are capacitive screens? Are there any other Pioneer units that are?
My 8100NEX fit perfectly with some care & patience in getting the alignment straight, just FYI. It's the same size as the 8200...
whoanelli is offline   Reply With Quote