Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 10-29-2013, 07:38 PM   #1
lugnut65

Drives: 12 2SS/RS 45th L99
STOP THE WHEEL HOP!!

I finally got 2,000k on my 12 ss ls3 and time to start driving it I been playing around with launches and full throttle kicks And I observed two things Drive by wire blows,and the nannies are really annoying
The hesitation from a kick until the pedal catches up with the throttle blade really is a bummer Also I turned off all nannies(hold button for 10 seconds)and tried to light the tires all I got was a bunch of wheel hop
I dumped it at about 4k and it chattered all the way through first gear
Is this what we have to deal with on modern muscle cars
Old 10-29-2013, 08:00 PM   #2
Steve
Ancalagon The Black

Drives: 2013 Silverado 4X4, 2010 RJT 1SS
A lot of the hop is from the stock trailing arms i replaced mine with Pfadt arm with polyurethane bushings and it helped out quite a bit.
Old 10-29-2013, 08:07 PM   #3
camaro500

Drives: 2017 Jaguar F Type R Tuned 498awhp
Arm package from pfadt and bmr inserts solved it for me
camaro500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 08:27 PM   #4
lugnut65

Drives: 12 2SS/RS 45th L99
Went to the website pfadt and theres a lot of choices Can you specify what I need
Thanks
Any comment on the Drive by wire I seen jegs sells module you plug in at the pedal supposed to take care of it,but its $399
Old 10-29-2013, 08:28 PM   #5
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur

Drives: Sold - Blown Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
http://www.bmrsuspension.com/?page=p...&productid=477

i have these installed and love them. No wheel hop!
Old 10-29-2013, 08:30 PM   #6
Bo White

Drives: 2015 Summit White 2SS 1LE
Call Kyle at BMR. He will solve your problems. I've got a lot of BMR parts under the rear of my car and will say that now even with a blower its harder to spin the tires over.
2010 1SS Wilkes Performance/Eagle 416 shortblock, TSP custom valvetrain, PRC 260 heads, Edelbrock Pro Flo 102, th400 swap, 8" PTC 5500 stall= 535/435 at the wheels tuned Gen 3 Performance and Dyno 10.97 @ 124 full weight in 3100 DA CamaroFest X
Bo White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 08:34 PM   #7
Joe@CPR.com
Account Suspended

Drives: 03 vette, 94 trans am, 04 gto
http://store.pfadtracing.com/2010-ca...-trailing-arm/

These are what you want. We can set you up w/ any pfadt or BMR products if you wish, me personally would run the Pfdat's!
Joe@CPR.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 06:21 AM   #8
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by lugnut65 View Post
I finally got 2,000k on my 12 ss ls3 and time to start driving it I been playing around with launches and full throttle kicks And I observed two things Drive by wire blows,and the nannies are really annoying
The hesitation from a kick until the pedal catches up with the throttle blade really is a bummer Also I turned off all nannies(hold button for 10 seconds)and tried to light the tires all I got was a bunch of wheel hop
Give the thread below a look. If you have any questions afterwards feel free to hit me up.

Curing 5th Gen Camaro Wheel Hop
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 08:33 AM   #9
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by lugnut65 View Post
The typical mods for handling the wheel hop are trailing arms, outer trailing arm bushings, toe rods, differential bushings, and rear cradle bushings. You are basically wanting to limit the unwanted movement in the rear suspension, rear cradle, and the differential. Probably the easiest and most affordable way to improve the wheel hop issue is with the trailing arms and outer trailing arm bushings. Now I am not saying these parts will completely control the wheel hop but it will help out substantially and will make a noticeable difference. Wheel hop is a very dynamic issue and there are numerous variables that contribute to it. If you were going to use our BMR stuff I would recommend our BMR non-adjustable trailing arms (TCA026) and our BMR outer trailing arm bushings (BK006). These parts can be bought for under $200 and can be installed with simple hand tools in a couple hours.

From there I would do the rear cradle bushings, differential bushings, and toe rods. I like doing these all at once because there is a considerable amount of overlapping labor between these parts. Depending on how much power you plan making I would either recommend our BMR "street" rear cradle bushing kit (BK041) for 450RWHP and less or our BMR "pro" rear cradle bushing kit (BK030) for anything more. These kits come with both the rear cradle bushings and differential bushings. For the toe rods I would recommend our BMR non-adjustable toe rods (TR002).

If you have any questions or if there is anything we can help you with let me know.
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 08:35 AM   #10
KING_DJ

Drives: 2014 RAM HEMI
How to create a new thread

I don't want to jack your thread but damn why is it so hard to find post new thread? Im new to this!
KING_DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 02:42 PM   #11
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
The main items to address are the cradle bushings (either full bushing replacement or inserts for lower power levels) Upper control arm bushings, Trailing arms and toe rods.

We are a dealer for just about every suspension manufacturer out there and we install all of the parts we sell so we know what works! If you would like to discuss your goals for the car (long term) I'd be happy make a few recommendations that will fit your goals and budget and get you setup with the right parts the first time. We also offer great deals to forum members.

Please feel free to call, PM or email me anytime with questions.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 02:46 PM   #12
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
Quote:
Originally Posted by KING_DJ View Post
I don't want to jack your thread but damn why is it so hard to find post new thread? Im new to this!
The "new thread" icon is on the top left hand corner above the thread listings.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=93

You can also call, PM or email us anytime with questions and we are happy to help!

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 03:23 PM   #13
Spartan01

Drives: Evil Eva, 2010 2SS LS3
Drive by wire does suck.
Replacing the stock throttle body with a ported one made a huge difference in throttel response, made it feel better.
i went with a V-Max ported from Tampa Tuning. Only cost me $150 plus a $150 core which was refunded within 2 days.
Old 10-30-2013, 05:09 PM   #14
SGDM

Drives: 2016 2SS
Installed BMR trailing arms and bushings, problem solved. Call Kyle.

Who Dares...Wins
SGDM is offline   Reply With Quote