Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 02-18-2016, 09:30 PM   #29
SS MoFo

Drives: 2014 SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by zogster View Post
Are there any videos of this sound? I believe I may have this sound now.
https://youtu.be/a3cGqfqUAB8

Normal sounding exhaust
SS MoFo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 10:18 PM   #30
camguynj

Drives: '13 SS/RS LS3 BRM Cammed NPP
I used to get a real loud harmonic vibration noise under passenger seat area only when cold out <40. Once engine warmed up noise went away ... went away permanently when I installed Solo HFCs
camguynj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 06:53 AM   #31
Camarotobeornottobe

Drives: 1LE
If I have my car backed up against a wall, and do a cold start up, I can hear the NPP rattling a little until the RPMs drop down to normal idle. When I started it in front of a buddy who owns a Corvette with the NPP exhaust, he commented that his sounds exactly the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Camarotobeornottobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 09:35 AM   #32
LT1Zob

Drives: 23 LT1 / 19 Z06 / after 6 5th gens
The removal of the guide tabs I posted above completely fixed my issue.
Old 02-19-2016, 10:51 AM   #33
clarkkent

Drives: 2013 2SS (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gzobian View Post
The O-rings came in, but the tech realized it was a bulletin for Non-NPP,convertable cars. So he went back to the drawing boards. Called around and finally got an answer. Here's his explaination: There are a couple of locators spotwelded to the pipes to help line up properly during exhaust install. These locators serve no purpose after the install and usually break off after some time. Once they break off, they tend to stay held on the pipe by a metal tab that's also in the same location. He was told to slightly bend the tabs outward and let the locators fall out. Sure enough, this fixed my annoying low rpm rattle issue. I have to hand it to the guy, he took this very seriously and even offered a couple times to order a new exhaust system, but these two little locators were the problem rattling on the pipes. I'm sorry I don't know the location of these tabs on the pipes, I was out test driving a 1le when he was working on my car. Who would have thought, two almost dime sized chunks of metal could be so annoying
Thanks for this, I'll have to look around my exhaust and see if I can find these
Old 02-19-2016, 11:46 AM   #34
Camaro Dude

Drives: ‘13 1LE
If any of you guys can post up a pic of the location of those metal tab guides, that would be great!
Camaro Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 11:47 AM   #35
clarkkent

Drives: 2013 2SS (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Dude View Post
If any of you guys can post up a pic of the location of those metal tab guides, that would be great!
I may get mine on a lift this weekend to do my brake lines, so I'll look then and take pics if I find them
Old 02-19-2016, 06:28 PM   #36
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
[url=http://goo.gl/21zmeg Posted by zogster[/url] Are there any videos of this sound? I believe I may have this sound now.
Hi zogster,

I am sorry to hear you're experiencing this rattle concern with your Camaro. Are you interested in visiting your dealership for a diagnostic appointment? If so, feel free to reach out to us. We would be happy to facilitate a service visit on your behalf. Please send us a private message along with your full contact information, VIN, current mileage, and preferred dealership if this is something of interest.

Kindly,

Julie C
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 02-19-2016, 06:30 PM   #37
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
[url=http://goo.gl/UobCAO Posted by RobMan[/url] Great timing on the resurrection of this thread. My 2015 that has 1K miles on it has been doing this and it drives me nuts. I guess I will be taking it in to the dealer soon.
Hey RobMan,

Apologies for the rattle noise concern you've encountered with your Camaro and I can certainly understand your frustrations. If you would like, we would be happy to provide an additional layer of support while your Camaro is in service. Please don't hesitate to send us a private message containing your VIN, full contact information, and preferred dealership if you would like our assistance.

Sincerely,

Julie C
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 02-20-2016, 06:55 PM   #38
GMUSA#1

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Dude View Post
http://sandyblogs.com/techlink/?m=201406
Exhaust Rattle Noise

June 19, 2014
On some 2010-2014 Camaros, a rattle noise may be heard coming from the exhaust system. It may sound like the noise originates from the transmission area.

If a noise condition is being addressed from underneath the vehicle, first strike the exhaust system with a rubber mallet or a deadblow hammer. If a noise is heard, inspect where the two front exhaust band clamps join the front catalytic converter assembly to the rest of the exhaust system. (Fig. 11)

Fig 11

This joint is called a Torca coupling. In this coupling, a small alignment tab is welded onto the exhaust pipe. A band clamp is positioned around the joint and slid toward the rear of the vehicle until a notch in the band clamp is positioned around the alignment tab. This ensures that the clamp is properly positioned on the exhaust before it is tightened. With this clamp in position, a J-shaped clip slides up and over the alignment tab to lock the clamp into position on the pipe. (Fig. 12)

Fig 12

In some cases, a rattle noise may be heard coming from this coupling. The noise may be due to the J-shaped clip rattling against the exhaust pipe or from the alignment tab that was originally welded on the exhaust pipe becoming separated from the exhaust pipe.

If a noise has been confirmed from the coupling, inspect the exhaust system for any obvious damage or looseness in the related components. If nothing is found, bend the J-shaped clip away from the exhaust pipe. If the small alignment tab is found to be loose, completely remove it from the exhaust pipe. This can be accomplished with the use of a regular screwdriver. Make sure the J-shaped clip will no longer contact anything that may cause a rattle noise in the future. (Fig. 13)

Fig 13

- Thanks to Matt Bierlein

If this is what your talking about...

Peace, Brent
GMUSA#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 06:58 PM   #39
Camaro Dude

Drives: ‘13 1LE
GMUSA#1!
Camaro Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 10:12 AM   #40
kingbow