Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 12-20-2018, 01:41 PM   #1
TMS

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE - HBM, PDR
ZL1 1LE Car Cover - Call out to So Cal members

I have been a longtime fan of CoverKing car covers. In particular, the indoor satin stretch covers. I have them for other cars. I was disappointed to find out that while they have covers for the ZL1, they do not have availability for the 1LE option on their website. So I contacted them and they confirmed no availability.

They did offer up to make new patterns for this car if I could bring my car to them for 4-6 hours. I would do it in a heart beat if I was located near them. Their facility is located in Anaheim, CA.

If there are any members out there with a ZL1 1LE in So Cal and are interested in a car cover from these guys, they will make the patterns for us if we can get them a car to measure off of. I’d take one for the team and use my car but that’s an 1,100 mile round trip.

They said once they take the measurements from the car, the process would take about 4 to 6 weeks to develop the patterns and prep for production. Once that is done, then any of us should be able to quickly order any of their car cover offerings for this vehicle.
JRE Tuned (HPTuners) | 15% OD (9.17" crank pulley) | TVS2300 Maggie Heartbeat Supercharger - 14 psi | E-50 (DSX Flex Fuel kit) | JMS FuelMax Fuel Pump Booster | LPE Big Bore High Volume DI fuel pump | LPE High Flow DI fuel injectors | LT5 95mm TB | RotoFab CAI | AEM X-Series OBD2 wide band gauge | Elite Engineering E2-X catch can | Borla S-type NPP Cat-Back 3" exhaust | Forgeline GTD1 5-lug Satin Graphite | SunTek wrap | C-Quartz Finest Reserve ceramic coated
TMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 10:46 AM   #2
tstodii

Drives: White 2015 Z/28
That's awesome they are willing to do that! Guess it makes business sense though.

Also, might want to cross post over on Camaro 6 if you didn't already. I don't think very many ZL1-1LE guys frequent Camaro 5.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays
tstodii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 10:50 AM   #3
TMS

Quote:
Originally Posted by tstodii View Post
That's awesome they are willing to do that! Guess it makes business sense though.

Also, might want to cross post over on Camaro 6 if you didn't already. I don't think very many ZL1-1LE guys frequent Camaro 5.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays

Thanks, I realized after I posted this that I was on Camaro5. Posted again over on Camaro6.
JRE Tuned (HPTuners) | 15% OD (9.17" crank pulley) | TVS2300 Maggie Heartbeat Supercharger - 14 psi | E-50 (DSX Flex Fuel kit) | JMS FuelMax Fuel Pump Booster | LPE Big Bore High Volume DI fuel pump | LPE High Flow DI fuel injectors | LT5 95mm TB | RotoFab CAI | AEM X-Series OBD2 wide band gauge | Elite Engineering E2-X catch can | Borla S-type NPP Cat-Back 3" exhaust | Forgeline GTD1 5-lug Satin Graphite | SunTek wrap | C-Quartz Finest Reserve ceramic coated
Old 12-21-2018, 11:49 AM   #4
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
There are some that do frequent Camaro 5.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 11:52 AM   #5
TMS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS@Gen5diy View Post
There are some that do frequent Camaro 5.
That's true. I know I do, thus the accidental post to Camaro5 since. I could say I meant to post in Camaro5, but I'll own it.