Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 10-30-2012, 02:29 PM   #29
slick rick
SoCal Mayhem

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICTsccaCamaro View Post
I'd order this tomorrow if its a dirrect bolt on
I wonder if the list price is the same as the SS version. If it is, I hope you have deep pockets
Old 10-30-2012, 02:51 PM   #30
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sikoriko View Post
like the 3:91 rear end myself, but those 20 look small for some reason, wider gap between tire and fender.
That's because of the 1LE suspension. 1LE's have the same stance.
Old 10-30-2012, 03:37 PM   #31
bandit38

Drives: Camaro SS - Trans Am - Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodih View Post
Probably because the ZL1 doesn't have AFM...
Oh.....gotcha...I thought all the V8 automatics had it.

But maybe that's why the automatic ZL1 has the Gas Guzzler tax that is so huge....it doesn't.
Old 10-30-2012, 03:50 PM   #32
bandit38

Quote:
Originally Posted by nak3dsnake View Post
It would sound like a ford pinto when the AFM kicked in.
Doesn't the Corvette with a automatic have AFM and a great sounding exhaust ?

I'm just wondering why they couldn't make it work with the SS automatic.....not that I don't like mine....but that ZL1 exhaust is really nice !
Old 10-30-2012, 03:50 PM   #33
camaro2rs
Account Suspended

Drives: camaro
i wonder how much the zl1 brake kit is
camaro2rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 03:53 PM   #34
nak3dsnake

Drives: 2010 Camaro IBM 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by bandit38 View Post
Doesn't the Corvette with a automatic have AFM and a great sounding exhaust ?

I'm just wondering why they couldn't make it work with the SS automatic.....not that I don't like mine....but that ZL1 exhaust is really nice !
No the auto corvette uses the LS3 not L99 like the auto Camaro. They will never add the NNP to the auto because of the sound of the AFM with the L99.
Performance: Vararam Ram Air Intake, Hurst Short Throw Shifter w/ Hurst Hard Drive Pistol Grip, IDEALG Clutch Master Cylinder, RX Catch can, GTO clutch fluid reservoir, Brembo Brakes, 1LE Track Pack, GMPP Exhaust Upgrade.
nak3dsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 03:59 PM   #35
bandit38

Quote:
No the auto corvette uses the LS3 not L99 like the auto Camaro. They will never add the NNP to the auto because of the sound of the AFM with the L99.

I have a 07 Silverado Z71 that uses a different type of AFM and it sounds great even thought it's a automatic....I'd like to think they can change something there to make it work on the Camaro.
Old 10-30-2012, 04:18 PM   #36
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNK View Post
Do you think that the ZL1 dual mode exhaust will make the V6 sound good? I have a V6 so i'm not hating... I just haven't found an exhaust that makes enough difference for me to want it. I would be interested in the dual mode if it sounds significantly better.
There is a thread in the V6 LFX section about this, videos there and more coming, and some info on how one can be installed on a Camaro V6 without it.

Quote:
I'd like to know why that exhaust is available on the ZL1 with a automatic but not a SS with the automatic.
AFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
The hell with the splitter, I want to know what they did to fit the 1LE's 3.91 in there.
Hey....don't "to hell" with the splitter. lol Kidding.

I have just as much interest in the 3.91s, but I'm fairly certain I'll never go for that upgrade so I'm not asking lol. But to your question, I'm pretty sure its an entire 1LE rear end under there.
Old 10-30-2012, 04:26 PM   #37
nak3dsnake

Drives: 2010 Camaro IBM 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
I have a 07 Silverado Z71 that uses a different type of AFM and it sounds great even thought it's a automatic....I'd like to think they can change something there to make it work on the Camaro.
Thats cause its muffled by the stock exhaust. Put straight pipes on an L99 with AFM and then try and say it sounds good.
Performance: Vararam Ram Air Intake, Hurst Short Throw Shifter w/ Hurst Hard Drive Pistol Grip, IDEALG Clutch Master Cylinder, RX Catch can, GTO clutch fluid reservoir, Brembo Brakes, 1LE Track Pack, GMPP Exhaust Upgrade.
nak3dsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 04:33 PM   #38
MikeMoach

Drives: 2010 RJT 2SS/RS
I want those rims!!!!!! Are they available? Saw them on the concept hot wheels last year too
MikeMoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 05:04 PM   #39
bandit38

Quote:
Thats cause its muffled by the stock exhaust. Put straight pipes on an L99 with AFM and then try and say it sounds good.
Could be, but it sounds pretty throaty now and all I did was split the exhaust and run it out under the back bumper.

I can hear the AFM in the Camaro slightly now...but I've never heard it kick it on or off on my truck.
Old 10-30-2012, 05:13 PM   #40
concrete jungle
Hitman

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
I drove a friends v6 Camaro today and was surprised of the power. I like the look except for the bottom decals.

Build your dream one day at a time . . . I did . . .
https://www.facebook.com/tonyrowe1966

*Caution ~ side effects may include soiled underwear if trajectory isn't kept straight...
concrete jungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 05:27 PM   #41
With envy
It's a Synergy thing..

Drives: 2010 Synergy
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkdoc View Post
So how will this effect 1/4 mi times? I mean isnt that what people really want?? There is nothing wrong with our current suspension because how many of us really bought our cars to hit a corner at 90 mph.??? We want more HP and Torq Chevy. What ppart of that don't you understand?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROLYSIS View Post
That's what the SS is for. This is for people that would like a 1LE but already own a V-6 Camaro. Haven't heard them say you could order this from the factory(though that would be cool). These parts will be available separately from your dealer. Pretty awesome that they're giving the V-6 guys a way to get to the track.
I'm a quarter mile guy that's come to appreciate the twistys because of this car. Other C5ers here have already taken to the local track, and I'm actually planning to try it out next Summer when it opens back up. I guess I like the driving skill aspect of it. And I've read that when a V6 is properly bumped up with aftermarket HP, it actually performs better in some respects than it's V8 cousin because of lighter weight and better balance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by right to travel View Post
the stripes are for the show to highlight gm performance parts.
these more than likely wont be production cars. i think what they are trying to do here is what we have been asking for and creating OEM upgrade catalog to get parts from other models. which may mean that we get to upgrade without voiding warranties.

Bear in mind, that GM and the other manufacturers are bound by CAFE standards. That's why the first Synergys only came in V6. They have to sell so many "higher" mileage cars to offset the "lower" mileage cars. The quotas are set by the company of how many of each are produced.
I think this is a good response by GM to give people an opportunity to enhance their V6 performance, making the choice a little more appealing, thereby selling more.
And for us, more is better. In a manner of speaking, due to the laws, you might look at it as the V6 helps make the V8 possible. I know that might be overstating it a little. But we have to keep in mind that there are people working behind the scenes that would have us all driving Priuses. I'm just glad GM is able to find ways around the system, and still be able to offer us something we actually want.

With envy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 05:44 PM   #42
Bourgui

Drives: 1LT/RS, VR, GFX
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkdoc View Post
So how will this effect 1/4 mi times? I mean isnt that what people really want?? There is nothing wrong with our current suspension because how many of us really bought our cars to hit a corner at 90 mph.??? We want more HP and Torq Chevy. What ppart of that don't you understand?
Sorry buddy, I'm not with you at all on this one! I wish this had been an option when I bought mine, I wouldn't have hesitated 1 second.

Power is fine from this engine (and completely in line with other V6 offerings out there) - if you really want more, that's why the SS is for

Tags
sema 2012 v6 concept