Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 08-14-2016, 03:59 PM   #1
Kenny Camaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 1LT RS Camaro
Bluetooth nav

I have an Iphone 5c. I have linked the phone to the car. How come I couldn't get my nav instructions to come over the stero speakers?
Kenny Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 08:03 AM   #2
Snoman
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: 2013 Dusk Edition 2SS/M6/Sun/NPP
There is a 2-5s delay between when the OEM HU detects sound through BT, by the time the HU picks up the signal and process it to switch over, there is nothing to play through the speakers.

The directions should be audible if you can maintain BT while performing NAV, like playing music through the phone.
Snoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 04:07 PM   #3
Kenny Camaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 1LT RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
There is a 2-5s delay between when the OEM HU detects sound through BT, by the time the HU picks up the signal and process it to switch over, there is nothing to play through the speakers.

The directions should be audible if you can maintain BT while performing NAV, like playing music through the phone.
Thanks for the info, I'll giver a try.
Kenny Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 01:08 PM   #4
bigwayne3000

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
So, if I play music from my phone then decide to use Apple maps, whenever it gives me instructions will it lower the music and give them through the car speakers? I know whenever I get a text while playing music it lowers but not sure if it works the same when doing nav.
bigwayne3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 02:45 PM   #5
mb13

Drives: 2015 Z28 #980
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwayne3000 View Post
So, if I play music from my phone then decide to use Apple maps, whenever it gives me instructions will it lower the music and give them through the car speakers? I know whenever I get a text while playing music it lowers but not sure if it works the same when doing nav.
Yes. If your phone is paired up and playing music over Bluetooth using nav from ur phone at the same time music will be lowered while instructions are said through the speakers at a louder volume over the music.
mb13 is offline   Reply With Quote