Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-18-2011, 08:41 PM   #1
Ivas
el Ruco

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS (now runnin' TENS )
Question Do ya' like the guys who work with you on your car?

For me, driving, repairing, rebuilding, modifying cars of all qualities and types has occupied a happy corner of my life for over 40 years. I'm curious whether you fellahs feel friendly, or even brotherly, toward and with those who work with you on your cars?
Ivas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 08:44 PM   #2
Forcer

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
when it comes to exhaust, and basic engine work, and oil changes im very happy and satisfied with the people i use, when it comes to modding, and bodywork i do that myself.
Forcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 09:15 PM   #3
DocKevin

Drives: '10 Malibu, '97 'Stang Convertible
I usually don't use a lot of the same people to work on my cars. There are a few dealers around this area that have known me/my family for a decade or longer and so I occasionally go to them for work. I don't have a shop or anything in the garage, so some work I need to get them to take care of since I don't have the tools. So, in that sense, I like the cars that "work" with me on the cars.

Most of the time though, I do my mods and such on my own.
DocKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 07:56 AM   #4
Eric Baker

Drives: Black/Black 2SS/RS 6M
I do all my own work and maintenance. I don't want anyone else touching my car unless it's necessary(warranty/crash repair/windshield).
Eric Baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 08:00 AM   #5
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
The only shop that has touched my car is Jannetty. Happy doesn't even begin to describe how happy I am that Ted is 10 minutes away. And it's more than liking him and his guys. We have developed a good friendship. So put me down for a hell yeah, I like my guys!!
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 08:02 AM   #6
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
I have enjoyed many a happy hour, with good friends working on cars, and a brewski or two.... thousand...

There have also been so really stressful times, late in the evening, trying to get the car ready for the main feature laying in the dust and dirt and rocks stabbing a transmission into the car with less than thirty minutes until line-up... but those were some of the best times,

I have a Professional Shop doing my build right now, and a better bunch of folks would be hard to find. I think thats a big part of the relationship between a happy customer, and the not so happy... I've been to lunch with them several times, and when I mentioned to Narc, a mechanic in the shop I use, that I appreciated the effort and detail he put into his work, he said he was happy to do so, and thanks for trusting their shop... That means a lot...

so, like in most anything, liking those around you is important...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 08:13 AM   #7
Expand-A-Sign USA

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
East Coast Supercharging in Cream Ridge, NJ is my shop. Chris, Doug and Mike are great to work with and always helpful answering questions.

Technician Tommy has done fantastic work on my Pfadt coilovers, trailing arms/bushings, Sport Sway Bars/Endlinks, Cold Air Inductions V6 CAI and Elite Engineering Catch-can installs.

http://www.eastcoastsupercharging.com/
Expand-A-Sign USA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 08:18 AM   #8
ya boy willz

Drives: 2011 IOM LS, 2011 CGM LS
I usually do my own mods with the help of either my brother or a few select friends so hell yea I like them. If it's a big job or maintenance on the 5th gen it goes to the dealer. I sort of like those guys, but not that much though

2011 CGM LS- Injen CAI, Vmax Ported TB, Vmax Black Ice O'Lator, Carbon Fiber Bowties, Carbon Fiber Gills, Factory Spoiler, Stock SS Exhaust w/ Magnaflow x-pipe welded in & stock muffler delete, Miro 112 18x8.5 +35
ya boy willz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 08:37 AM   #9
chevy 3
NEcamaro5

Drives: Black 2ss rs 1LE
I do mostly everything my self. For tons of reasons. Hell just the other day I drop off a body kit to be painted and they wanted to see the factory spoiler (don't know why) but any way. As the helper grabs the spoiler he takes my new spoiler and old one and grabs them together. I'm like dude your going to scratch this. He tells me well you have a new one. I look at him and say I'm planning on selling that one. It's wourth more with NO SCRATCHES. You could tell the owner wasn't happy with him.
chevy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 12:08 PM   #10
mikel441

Drives: 2014 Sonic, 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Baker View Post
I do all my own work and maintenance. I don't want anyone else touching my car unless it's necessary(warranty/crash repair/windshield).

I trust no other wrench but, my own. Been doing it for over 25 years.
Old 06-16-2011, 06:39 PM   #11
Sales @ ECS

Drives: 2011 CG 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Expand-A-Sign USA View Post
East Coast Supercharging in Cream Ridge, NJ is my shop. Chris, Doug and Mike are great to work with and always helpful answering questions.

Technician Tommy has done fantastic work on my Pfadt coilovers, trailing arms/bushings, Sport Sway Bars/Endlinks, Cold Air Inductions V6 CAI and Elite Engineering Catch-can installs.

http://www.eastcoastsupercharging.com/
Nice... Always happy to service our customers!

Thanks
Sales @ ECS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 06:51 PM   #12
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
I don't really have the equipment to work with my own car. My current situation (sharing more about this in a future thread) doesn't give me a lot of room to take car of my car, so I depend on people to provide me with good service. I have to trust someone to do any kind of work, so I have to either be referred to someone or know them personally. Not everyone cares about their business the same way I care about my car.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 07:05 PM   #13
GearHeadPeter
US Navy Vet

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS, 65 Mustang GT Fastback
People who have helped me build my cars, and in return I have helped them with theirs I have a bond with as we are GearHeads. No one cares for my car the way I do, but I will let a dealer do maintenance, and only if it is within eye site so I can make sure nothing bad happens.
3rd Camaro on this forum to have a Mylink installed. Installation by GEN5DIY, Heritage Grill, Lloyds Premium Ebony Camaro RS floor mats, Empire Billet Camaro Black sill plates, AAC: LED footwell & interior lighting, Rear Courtesy Lights, LED side markers/turn signals, Plasma P13W DRl bulbs, Formula 1 Pinnacle Series tint, Roto-Fab Yellow CAI & Fuse cover, Technostalgia Afterburner LED taillights, EmblemPros custom V6 hydrocoated carbon fiber/RY engine cover, Pfadt Sport sway bars, Ofer's Backup Camera, and full Brembo brake conversion.
GearHeadPeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 09:45 PM   #14
1BADLS3

Drives: Sold: 2011 2SS/RS
I think the OP is talking about the spiritual connection with buddies who help you work on your car(s).

It's the male equivalent of girls going to the hair salon with their best friends.
1BADLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote