Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > Canada

Old 03-05-2012, 09:42 AM   #1
Cynthius

Drives: '11 2LT/RS (M6) & '85 Toyota MR2
MCO (Motorsport Club of Ottawa)?

Any members of the MCO? Was potentially thinking of registering for Autocross & Lapping events. Just curious what people's experiences have been like, number of events etc... There isn't much on their calendar yet for this year (I know, too early obviously) but based on last year's calendar it seems like it would be worthwhile.

Also curious as I didn't see other fees on the site so much, but typically what would be the entry fee for the average autocross/lapping event?

Any input is greatly appreciated. I would have asked on the forums there, but they're only open to registered (ie: paid) members.
Old 03-06-2012, 01:44 PM   #2
Cynthius

Drives: '11 2LT/RS (M6) & '85 Toyota MR2
Ok, so I didn't register with MCO yet. I figured I would wait for some feedback here, or at least until they had a more concrete calendar of the 2012 non Winter events.

I did register for the BMW Advanced Driving school at the Calabogie track on May 21st. Looks to be quite enjoyable and a more structured "lapping" lesson day. Anyone taken this course, even if it was at another location? From what I've seen on youtube I don't think I'll be disappointed. Plus the fees are tax deductible, can't argue with that!
Old 03-06-2012, 09:32 PM   #3
Bourgui

Drives: 1LT/RS, VR, GFX
Hey Cynthius,

Even though I live in Ottawa, I haven't tried the MCO yet
I've been with the ASE lapping club though for a season and a half, based off the St Eustache track (2 hour drive), but with events at all the major tracks throughout the year (Mosport, Calabogie, Tremblant). You can find more info on the montrealracing forums.

I might not track much this year (buying a house), but I'll go at least a couple of times.