Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 08-13-2018, 06:22 PM   #43
oslouie

Drives: 2018 2SS M6 Redline
Quote:
Originally Posted by mchaggis View Post
Post 1 updated with more info.
I don't think you're supposed to wire that last blue wire to the red ignition. It is actually an antenna booster turn on lead. That blue wire is to be wired to an antenna booster like this:

https://www.amazon.com/Antenna-Stere.../dp/B0083UUOU0
Old 08-13-2018, 11:18 PM   #44
mchaggis

Drives: 2011 L99 2SS
I don't see where it shows how it's wired but I did see that the reviews showed it was crap. Are you saying this blue should be spliced into the other blue wires? That was my original idea until I saw a vid showing a PAC install. I'll see if I can find a link.
mchaggis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 11:28 PM   #45
mchaggis

Here's the link. You're right. The blue should be joined to the other blue wires.
BUT is there any point even using this adapter? The Amazon reviews show it's a worthless POS. Thoughts? Options?

Old 08-13-2018, 11:30 PM   #46
mchaggis

Post 1 edited with correct Blue wire connection.
Old 08-14-2018, 11:10 PM   #47
oslouie

Quote:
Post 1 edited with correct Blue wire connection.
I'll have to take a look at my kit. I still think you have it wrong. That blue wire should not connect to anything other than the antenna booster of which I posted a link to. The booster would go in-line with your antenna cables and the blue line from the booster would connect to that blue wire...but I could be wrong. Haven't bothered to plan my install yet.
Old 08-15-2018, 12:27 AM   #48
Low Saturn

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
I ended up not connecting that blue wire on the antenna adapter to anything. Doesn't seem to do anything for our cars. Didn't change the radio reception at all.
Old 08-15-2018, 05:44 AM   #49
mchaggis

I’ll post a pic of my loom and if needed I’ll disconnect the antenna booster blue wire.

Anyone with cameras.......
where did you pull a switched 12v source from? I tried to use the red wire and that caused the power to be cut and the HU wouldn’t start. Disconnected it, pulled the cable off the battery to reset, and all good. Strange.
Old 08-15-2018, 06:22 PM   #50
mchaggis

Name:  Loom Pic.jpg
Views: 366
Size:  428.0 KB

So should I remove the blue to the adapter from the other blue wires?

And the 12v source in the above post?
Old 08-16-2018, 05:54 PM   #51
oslouie

Quote:
Attachment 952342

So should I remove the blue to the adapter from the other blue wires?

And the 12v source in the above post?
That looks like an antenna booster. If it came with the kit then that blue wire would go to the other blue wire.
Old 08-16-2018, 07:17 PM   #52
Gordy87

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Anyone with cameras.......
where did you pull a switched 12v source from? I tried to use the red wire and that caused the power to be cut and the HU wouldn’t start. Disconnected it, pulled the cable off the battery to reset, and all good. Strange.[/QUOTE]

Power for rear camera should be tapped into the reverse light power wires. My video cable that plugged into the camera had a small 12v+ pigtail right at the rear where it connected to the camera.

I also found it easier to remove the tag to access and wire it all up. I ordered a camera that clipped into place of 1 of the tag lights. I will grab some pics when I get a chance.
Gordy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 08:15 PM   #53
mchaggis

I'm wanting to power both the front and rear cameras from a switched 12v supply so I can use them even if I'm not in reverse. I have the violet/white wire connected as a backup camera trigger wire and this works fine.

I also used the red wire that was in the video cable to bring the 12v+ to the HU area so I could power the cameras from this area.
Just a thought....... Maybe the blue wire might work? I'll test it tonight.

I installed a USB male to mini 5 pin male cable last night and this plugs directly into the back of the factory fitting that's in the console. It works great so that's sorted.

So far all seems to be working as it should except the heated seats and rear defrost buttons. Scosche have sent me instructions on a method to get these to work. They think it's a comms error and a reset might work. I'll let ya all know.
Old 08-18-2018, 08:31 PM   #54
mchaggis

Kit is in. All works expect a few critical items.
Heated seats now work. They only turn on after the engine is started. Same goes for the rear defrost. Cameras works great and are powered off the Blue wire. I did think the Blue may only have been live when the radio was the selected source but on my setup at least the cameras work no matter what source is selected.

Man getting all those wires into the dash area was one hell of a mission. Also installing the center gauge cluster under the Scosche dash was a nightmare. There is just no room and it took several careful tries and a lot of tweaking.

I can’t help but recommend the PAC kit to anyone considering changing their HU. Scosche’s instructions are loosely based on fact at best. There is a lot of guessing and commonsense that’s required to do this. But it does look good and seems to work fine.

TWO issues I’m having tho is I now have Service Stabili Track showing and can’t clear it. My hand held doesn’t even show a code that relates to this.
I also now have no remote start but I think it might be related to the stabili track error.

And on top of all this I loaded a custom tune from Dyno Steve and at first the car started and ran fine but after about 4 starts it will now start and idle up to its normal post start speed then it’s dies right down, runs as rough as guts then stalls. I’ll post this in the tune section.

Anyone else loose the remote start? Or have Stabili track issues?
Old 08-19-2018, 12:58 AM   #55
mchaggis

Got it thanks to Dyno Steve. Steve posted even tho he’s in hospital having just suffered a stroke! Man that’s dedication above and beyond!
Some idiot left the connection off the MAP sensor. Talk about a huge difference that makes being connected.

Remote start works again. The Stabili Track error is gone. It starts and runs.
Finally time for a celebratory
Old 08-19-2018, 08:03 PM   #56
fleebag

Drives: Moneypit
Kind of off topic but an issue I just had after installing the new 2.0.

I cranked up the car in the garage and popped the hood while warming up. As my tune is a little rich when cold I went to go back in the car to raise the rpms and....
The freaking doors were locked lol. While running and luckily hood was open. Had to unplug the Ecu the shut it down but radio and lights all stayed on.
But the extra key fob doesn't work btw if the key is in the on position.;(

I think I programmed the auto locks wrong. I have since disabled the auto lock crap.
Needless to say, on star would not do anything for me and thank goodness I had aaa. Even then I had to do it for the guy.

Otherwise it was a pain to install but looks and works 100x better
fleebag is offline   Reply With Quote