Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2013, 06:18 PM   #1
chevydude26

Drives: Future 2011 camaro convertible
So i know Gm management reads these forums...

How are they taking the utter disgust from us enthusiasts with the 2014 model?

Is someone getting fired? Who green lighted those hideous tail lights? Do they not do focus groups? If so were the people in the focus group Honda Prelude owners?

There is probably little time to change it for 2014 but you guys better get on the ball...don't fix what ain't broke...learn from the people who design the jeep wrangler
Old 03-26-2013, 06:21 PM   #2
Forty5th

Drives: Camaro
Wow... calling heads to be chopped?
Old 03-26-2013, 06:22 PM   #3
mikeyg36

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #533
It doesn't matter, because we're stuck with it now. All I know is that Scott, Al and the rest of GM can kiss their sales lead goodbye.
Old 03-26-2013, 06:23 PM   #4
rsflyer

Drives: 2010 VR 2LT/RS A6
Arrow Ditto...

Old 03-26-2013, 06:23 PM   #5
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Yes they did focus groups....the disciples were in on this one according to Fbodfather.

My opinion is this:

WHY ON EARTH did GM unveil the car on this show?? why why why???

The guy talking about the cars only has about 20 seconds to spout off as much crap as he possibly could about each car, to an audience that couldn't give a rats behind about cars.

I'm trying to reserve some judgement until I see the official reveal and press photos tomorrow, but so far its not really doing it for me, and I think part to blame is because of the pictures coming from it being on this TV show with bad camera angles and lighting, blurry photos and what not.

They should have done another reveal of the Corvette here if they felt that inclined. Not this car.
Old 03-26-2013, 06:25 PM   #6
mikeyg36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forty5th View Post
Wow... calling heads to be chopped?
Someone deserves it...
Old 03-26-2013, 06:27 PM   #7
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
I agree with Mikey. The old 5th gen looks a thousand times better than this..

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Yes they did focus groups....the disciples were in on this one according to Fbodfather.

My opinion is this:

WHY ON EARTH did GM unveil the car on this show?? why why why???

The guy talking about the cars only has about 20 seconds to spout off as much crap as he possibly could about each car, to an audience that couldn't give a rats behind about cars.

I'm trying to reserve some judgement until I see the official reveal and press photos tomorrow, but so far its not really doing it for me, and I think part to blame is because of the pictures coming from it being on this TV show with bad camera angles and lighting, blurry photos and what not.

They should have done another reveal of the Corvette here if they felt that inclined. Not this car.
FenwickHockey65 and I were just wondering the same thing. It's getting really annoying to have the cars leaked so early.
Old 03-26-2013, 06:30 PM   #8

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
I think the percieved influence and impact from those who don't like what they've seen so far from this '14, is highly exaggerated...lol...Many times I have heard, if you don't like it, don't buy it...

These cars aren't gonna stay the same forever, just to keep past customers happy...time to move on with styling and what-not....Change, and now a new choice, is a good thing...I'm not worried...GM and Camaro will survive and do well, regardless of what they hear from these forums...
Old 03-26-2013, 06:30 PM   #9
sspolo

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS 1LE
The images I've seen are blurry so I can't really tell how they look. Although as far as I can tell it looks nice. The front end does seem to be small but I'll hold on until they show it tomorrow.
I'm not an enthusiast though.
Old 03-26-2013, 06:31 PM   #10
mikeyg36

A post from Scott would be really nice right now... Because someone has some 'splainin to do
Old 03-26-2013, 06:32 PM   #11
Rhyder

Drives: 2012 45 Anniversary Vert
I think its pretty even on the thread for like/dislike....

Also if the tail lights are the only thing, there will be numerous aftermarket tail lights, so I wouldn't make that a major issue on the car.

Same with the hood, I mean one of the first things I did was get a new hood on my current Camaro, so that's not a big issue either.....Plus I imagine they will have alternate hoods to choose from.

The strong reaction to completely changeable items is confusing...

If you didn't like the way the doors sat, or the fenders were, I would understand it, that would be a more major change factor than the hood and lights, but chop off heads cause you don't like the tail lights? seriously?
Old 03-26-2013, 06:32 PM   #12
Mikes SS

Drives: '10 CGM 2SS/RS 6M
No amount of lighting or a better camera angle is gonna fix the ass end of that car..the corvette and the Jag looked just fine under the same lighting
Old 03-26-2013, 06:32 PM   #13
chevydude26

Drives: Future 2011 camaro convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
I think the percieved influence and impact from those who don't like what they've seen so far from this '14, is highly exaggerated...lol...Many times I have heard, if you don't like it, don't buy it...

These cars aren't gonna stay the same forever, just to keep past customers happy...time to move on with styling and what-not....Change, and now a new choice, is a good thing...I'm not worried...GM and Camaro will survive and do well, regardless of what they hear from these forums...
wouldn't have been as bad if they just kept the tail lights the same. They were already in the lead why risk it with such big changes. I mean if they put the corvette tail lights that would have been a better decision.

Changing the front alone while i'm not a fan would have been easier to take
Old 03-26-2013, 06:33 PM   #14
strokerls1

Drives: 2015 Charger Hellcat
because enthusiast like ourselves represent a very SMALL percentage of actual sales. This car will appeal to more people than the current car does and that gives us enthusiast more options and goodies to choose from. GM is not stupid. They are a business and first priority is to make money...appealing to Camaro5 is probably 5th or 6th on the list. Deal with the refresh appealing to more people or keep your current car. Thats it

Closed Thread