Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 08-15-2018, 09:26 PM   #1
SRTLOL

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 6M
Cast replica of MRR wheels horror story.

After days of looking at wheels I finally poulled the trigger on a set of wheels. 20x10 and 20x11 with a 315 rear tire. Absolutely no rubbing. This is the best pictures I have at the moment because it was raining hard and will be getting some more after I wash the car and the rain stops. Red or black lug nuts will be coming coming soon. Also oem black center caps.

Last edited by SRTLOL; 08-22-2018 at 12:23 AM.
SRTLOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 09:42 PM   #2
Dylan1214

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS L99
Looks mean!
Dylan1214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 06:37 PM   #3
Carlos_MRRWheelsInc

Drives: camaro
I wont spoil anything for you guys but wow you should read the story behind this deal,,,,,
lets see if our new friend will share
Carlos_MRRWheelsInc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 12:12 AM   #4
SRTLOL

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 6M
Gladly Carlos! I purchased these wheels from a vender online and the wheels have been nothing but trouble. When I got the wheels I took them out of the box and thought holy cow these things are heavy! It threw me off because I figured flow formed in this size might be a little heavier but wow.. these things were tanks. I got the wheels on and loved the look. I get compliments from them daily but could tell the wheels were noticibly heavier when driving. It felt like I was driving the AC on constantly. It felt like a dog. I drove on them for a couple days and got used to it and wrote it off as a side effect of bigger wheels. A few days later I had to run one town over to pick up a new firearm. Yeah, that was not fun. As soon as I got above 50 I got a horrible death shake. It wasn't just the steering wheel, but the whole car shaking violently. I had to drive the highway at 45 which most of you know, is extremely saddening in these cars. I got home and set up an appointment at the local tire shop to check the balancing. Things were a little off so they got everything balanced as well as checked my front end and alignment. Everything was good to go. A couple days go by and I finally hit the highway again. Still the same shake at the same speed. I am getting fed up at this point. I am getting a little sceptical at this point if they are actually MRR wheels.

A day or 2 ago Carlos from MRR messages me on here and points out that he worries that these are not actually MRR wheels. The more we talk the more we realized how right he is. The biggest factor is that MRR does not make the m716 wheels in gloss black! So from a visual standpoint alone these are not the real deal. The more we compare the actual m716 to my wheels, the more our suspicions were confirmed. These are some cheap cast look alikes that I was charged a pretty hefty price for.

Today I contact the vender and have a friendly conversation with them and he got in touch with his manager about returning the wheels and refunding me my money. At this point I am happy that they are working on giving my my money back. He states that they are actually a vender for MRR wheels and we work out a few details.

Right after that I call MRR and speak with Carlos directly. We talk about the situation in detail and figure out how to take the steps to get me a set of actual M716 wheels. He was very friendly and immensly helpful. In no way did he make me feel like a moron for not doing more digging into the validity of these wheels being the real deal. At no point was he trying to be a salesman trying talk their product up. He was very chill and his main focus was helping me with my frustrating situation.

More is to come of this ordeal in the next few days as we work this out and I will keep you guys updated. Huge thanks to Carlos and the crew at MRR for helping me settle this whole thing! Pics will come when the new wheels get here!
Old 08-22-2018, 11:08 AM   #5
Carlos_MRRWheelsInc

Drives: camaro
Your situation is the main reason MRR wheels started to offer certain rep options / just a few years ago everyone and there mother was offering reps but they where all focused in bringing in wheels with the lowest possible cost which in terms means you do not get the best quality and it was easy because there is no name attached to the wheel which means when things went wrong they just washed there hands and call it a day.

We noticed a huge void in the rep game and we took advantage of it, for us everything started with the M228 ( Z28 ) and there is plenty of history on this forum, we slapped our name on it and made sure the customer new where the wheel was coming from and which brand would back it up/ from there we hit the reps with Flow forged construction even through many said not to do it do to cost, But in reality customers do want a quality product that can be traced and backed up by a Brand.

*** As for your troubles dont worry Ill do what i can to help you out and get you into the set you where actually looking for *
Carlos_MRRWheelsInc is offline   Reply With Quote