Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 01-21-2010, 04:18 PM   #57
camarowa

Drives: 2013 SVT Raptor, sold 2010 Camaro
think the cloth roof really distracts from the lines of the car that make the coupe so attractive. Maybe if they had gone with a design comparable to the merc slk. I will hold off till I see it in person
- Blacked-Out Bowties & RS Emblems, Front bowtie delete
- Full Dynamat Extreme Trunk Coverage
- Tinted side markers
- Interior DSV Customs Leather Upgrades
- Airaid CAI V2
- Forgestar F14 Gunmetal 20x9, 20x11
- Doug Thorley Shorties
camarowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 04:18 PM   #58
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_Corvette View Post

Wait, I almost forgot about the old smiley. Remember this one guys!

:notheadlights: I love that smiley. I laugh every time I see it
Old 01-21-2010, 04:36 PM   #59
Victory1

Drives: 2010 RJT, 2012 Sierra 4x4, 89 RJT
Sorry GM - that top just doesn't do this car justice. If I bought one, I would always have the top down. Even in the rain! LOL
Victory1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 05:06 PM   #60
pincoin
Camaro owner since 1982

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS-RS Conv IBM L99
Cant wait to order one!! Bring it on GM!!
pincoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 05:33 PM   #61
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victory1 View Post
Sorry GM - that top just doesn't do this car justice. If I bought one, I would always have the top down. Even in the rain! LOL
I am at a loss to name any soft top convertible that looks good with the top up.

Most are designed to have the top down. My Sky is no exception. Meant to have the top down all the time, you just can't sometimes.

Even the Corvette Convertible is the same IMO. Looks ok top up but clearly meant to have it down.
Old 01-21-2010, 05:53 PM   #62
greg_74

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 305pride View Post
hey gm!!! if your listening, i want a roll bar in the vert. i wouldnt want to have to go to a third party company to get a roll bar installed. if you put a roll bar in it then i am most definitely going to get the the vert instead of the coupe, so i could drive down to the beach with the breeze in my face!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it would be awesome, i love camaros and i love the beachhhhhhhhhhhh
NO! I don't want a roll bar, I'm wanting a vert too and waiting to see the final product. Sure roll bars may make it safter but they look ugly! Just don't flip your car.

2002 Chevrolet Camaro SS #7590
345 HP Package, LPP Headers and ORY, GMMG, SLP CAI and Smooth Bellows, PHB, Chrome TTM's
greg_74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 06:41 PM   #63
pony

Drives: 2011 2SS Convert; Color RJT
Quote:
Originally Posted by greg_74 View Post
NO! I don't want a roll bar, I'm wanting a vert too and waiting to see the final product. Sure roll bars may make it safter but they look ugly! Just don't flip your car.
Vert may not get a roll bar, but what about the reinforced rear head-rests that deploy up when vehicle exceeds a certain "tilt". I think BMW's verts have something like that! We can only hope for something similar.
pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 06:52 PM   #64
Tactical Z
Banned

Drives: Nissan Titan
It looks like someone took the roof off the camaro, and threw a sheet of carmel on the roof and called it a Convertible.
Tactical Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 07:16 PM   #65
greg_74

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by pony View Post
Vert may not get a roll bar, but what about the reinforced rear head-rests that deploy up when vehicle exceeds a certain "tilt". I think BMW's verts have something like that! We can only hope for something similar.
I didn't know that existed. That would be pretty cool as long as it looks like a normal seat.

2002 Chevrolet Camaro SS #7590
345 HP Package, LPP Headers and ORY, GMMG, SLP CAI and Smooth Bellows, PHB, Chrome TTM's
greg_74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 07:20 PM   #66
ttexxan

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Needs to be a hardtop convert...other people have them so can GM....Soft Top is going to kill the design...It looks horrible as is...Makes it a chick car in Convert!!!
ttexxan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 07:38 PM   #67
305pride

Drives: 3.4l 1995 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by greg_74 View Post
rolls bars actually look good on some cars, and for the people who keep talking about a hard top convertible, i say noooooooo. that would be horrible for a camaro. i think thats almost like adding awd to the camaro in a way. it just wouldnt be a camaro. the hard top would make it cost more and weigh more. hard tops are sexy, but sometimes the car doesnt need it. i think its fine with the soft top.
Old 01-21-2010, 09:55 PM   #68
BearDownSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS orange
I've got an idea for the 3rd brake light - What if they were to make the chrome part of the bow tie light up, this would make a flush look, highlight the chevy brand, and still enable people to change to center portion of the bow-tie from gold to black or whatever color they desire. I'm sure that would probably be too expensive, but I think it would be a hit
BearDownSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 10:59 PM   #69
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................

Let's take a walk down memory lane, shall we?

There was the first picture of a Camaro without Cammo -- in a garage -- very fuzzy------

.........the world was coming to an end because it was uglier than - well - God only knows - but people were having strokes.............

........hmmmmmmm........I seem to remember that I tried to calm everyone down.................

Then there were the headlights..........

.....I believe we actually had some people turn themselves into vegetables when they completely stroked..............

........hmmmmmmm........I seem to remember that I tried to calm everyone down.................

Then there was the SS front fascia.........

Rumor had it that it was SOOOOOOOOOO ugly that small children would run screaming from the garage............

There were the pictures from Europe of the interior (with the infamous 'Shunt' label) -------

"....ugly as sin -- will never sell! ..." was the declaration of the month.......

COULD THERE BE A PATTERN HERE????

:bangdesk::bangdesk::bangdesk::bangdesk:

Old 01-22-2010, 03:05 AM   #70
Punk_rider

Drives: VW Typ 166 + Black 1LE
Convert without a hard top in 2010 looks cheeeap