Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 11-29-2018, 10:35 AM   #15
Billy10mm

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS 1LE NPP
I'm lost. Why won't your wife let you put the kids in the back of it? My kids practically live back there. We've done at least a dozen road trips in this car, and the wife loves it.
Billy10mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 11:02 AM   #16
Ty_Webb

Drives: Camaro 2SS RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy10mm View Post
I'm lost. Why won't your wife let you put the kids in the back of it? My kids practically live back there. We've done at least a dozen road trips in this car, and the wife loves it.
She can't drive stick, so I'm the only one who drives it and on the odd occasion when she has come with me in the car, I tend to drive it "spiritedly" (it's hard not to). I think she thinks a big rear wheel drive sports car isn't the best environment for a small child. I also see what the back seat of my wife's car looks like and I don't want mine to look like that!
Ty_Webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 12:18 PM   #17
Billy10mm

Mine can't drive stick either, but we commute to work together (we work for different companies about 2 miles apart) so mine rides with me daily. Since my 1LE is my daily driver, I drive normally (no different than driving the family SUV) when she's in the car.

It helps that my wife drives an E93 M3 convertible. So the "rear wheel drive sports car" thing wouldn't allow the kids to be with either of us.
Old 11-29-2018, 12:50 PM   #18
Tomsusername

Drives: Velvet Blue Metallic 2015 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty_Webb View Post
She can't drive stick, so I'm the only one who drives it and on the odd occasion when she has come with me in the car, I tend to drive it "spiritedly" (it's hard not to). I think she thinks a big rear wheel drive sports car isn't the best environment for a small child. I also see what the back seat of my wife's car looks like and I don't want mine to look like that!
My friend was in a really big car accident with someone else behind the wheel about 10 years back. She's scared to ride with most people, and generally only feels safe when she's behind the wheel. To my shock, I've become one of here rare exceptions with my 1LE. I usually take her past into account, never goose it, and pay close attention to shift transitions. (I never let the thing buck, and I find myself heel-toeing a lot to keep transitions as smooth as possible.) She even finds the engine note calming when the NPP valves are closed. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

As for what the back seat of your wife's car looks like... I can actually understand that more than anything. I daily mine, and my rear seats are immaculate.
Tomsusername is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 03:14 PM   #19
12blkgrayRS

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS 2LT 6spd man
Car gurus can give a good range what it could be worth as well.
12blkgrayRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 04:39 PM   #20
CrystalRedTintcoat

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE NPP GBE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty_Webb View Post
but Kelley blue book doesn't have the 1LE as an option in it.
Look for xSS (1SS, 2SS) and add the Performance Option. That's how KBB assigns the 1LE value.
CrystalRedTintcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 04:42 PM   #21
SSEssence
Instagram: Sangstah

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1LE
You can get way more than 22k for a low mileage 1LE like yours. I would sell privately and look at other low mileage 1LEs for sale to gauge pricing.

Follow the build https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=612717
SSEssence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 09:13 PM   #22
Elihu Smails

Drives: 2015 SIM 1LE
I don't get the kid thing either....unless they put their shoes on the back of the seat.

My 5 year old grand daughter has nearly earned herself a lifetime ban several times.
Elihu Smails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 09:53 PM   #23
Silveradoss573

Drives: Camaro 1LE
Here's the link to the op's for sale thread. I'm half tempted to grab some cash and snag this one too...

https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=543251
Silveradoss573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 08:38 PM   #24
CrystalRedTintcoat

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE NPP GBE
I bought the 1LE b/c of my kids ... vs a corvette! Seriously my dudes have been in there since they were 5 and 6. But I don’t allow food in there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
CrystalRedTintcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 01:22 PM   #25
Billy10mm

Same here. The Vette was out (and after driving one, I'm glad I made that call as I prefer my 1LE) because I couldn't take both kids. My oldest happened to have bought a Camaro as his first purchased car in Gran Turismo, and he was old enough to enjoy the experience. So the night before I flew out to Detroit (Becky D), I told my son (8 at the time) that he wasn't going to school tomorrow, we were going on plane ride.

https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=352332
Old 12-05-2018, 07:24 PM   #26
Putzyjd

Drives: 2013 black 1LE
I paid 25k for my 2013 1LE with 22k miles it was clean though. Wife can't drive stick? Sell the wife :P
Putzyjd is offline   Reply With Quote