Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / PA

Old 07-07-2010, 02:16 PM   #1
talwell

Drives: 1969 LS1 Camaro
Staten Island Tuner - Excellent Work

I just got my car back from Street Rides - I had them install a pillar pod and some gauges in my car. I am extremely impressed with his work and would recommend him to anyone considering doing some upgrades to your car.

We had a long discussion about this there and he did say that he has been doing Mustangs for years but is looking to do more work on late model LS powered cars. I have seen his work on the Mustangs and some Chevy cars as well and I am very impressed.

If any of you are considering anything from a cold air induction to aftermarket exhaust or even some forced induction let me know and I will introduce you to the owner. Some of you may recognize him as they were on Pinks a few years ago racing one of thier shop cars.
talwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 06:01 PM   #2
ROE

Drives: 2008 cts
did u fix ur ac?????
ROE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 08:32 AM   #3
talwell

Funny thing about the AC - I made an appointment to get it looked at from Oasis Chevrolet in NJ. This is about 15 mins from my house. The AC worked perfectly all the way there so when I arrived I told them this so they said they would look at it anyway and that a service advisor would be with me shortly. After waiting for this service advisor for over 1 hour I got pissed and walked out. The AC worked properly on the way home as well so I am not very concerned about it.

I have had major service issues with my Corvette and Manfredi Chevrolet. I have taken it to them no less than 3 times (2 times towed there) for an issue where it drains the battery after serveral days of not using it. Each time they did not listen to me that there was a TSB to reflash the door monitoring system and just replaced the battery. Now being a 2005 it is out of warranty and still has the same issue as well as irratic behavior in the hvac controls that was reported to them and never repaired. I really wish we had a quality Chevrolet service dealership on SI so I did not have to travel to NJ.
Old 07-09-2010, 08:46 AM   #4
myss

Drives: 1ss/rs rally yellow blk strips 6spd
So where in NJ do you recommend service?
myss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 09:30 AM   #5
talwell

I have no idea where to get quality service in NJ area. I bought my car from Sparta Chevy in Michigan so I cannot take it to them too easily

If any of you have good experiences with a dealer for warranty service please let us know.