Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-27-2009, 12:06 PM   #1
RT21
Sage of Thread Killing

Drives: IBM Tumbler
My review of the 2LT/RS

Someone requested I do a review, so here goes.

I now have 225 miles on my car and the only problem I've had so far are the birds that obviously are Mustang guys.

The car is amazing. #3, FBod, and Hylton and many others said that it would be more than I would be expecting and they are right. The V6 power is crazy quick. I don't know how fast it is if you understand the difference between the two. It puts you back in your seat quick.

Like someone started a thread about, the leather interior smell is awesome. The whole interior, from the gauges to the ABL is beautiful. Everyone that saw it was

The handling is really tight and sure. I think I will try some Autocross with it. I'll let you all know how that turns out. I've taken it around some tight corners and actually accellerated instead of braking. Those 20" tires holder really good. So good that there is no way you could do a burn-out without power breaking. The ride is really smooth. The visability is great!!! Srsly!! I really don't get the people who say you cannot look over your shoulder. I do it all the time and can easily see the car beside me, but I use the mirrors anyway.

I haven't read any of the thread with the problems and gremlins, so maybe I'm missing something. I've had no problems with this car, except maybe i stare at it too much.

One experience to share. Last Friday, I went to Lou's Blues biker bar/tourist bar and it was packed. I was taking it there, because a bouncer told me he wanted to see it when I get it. Amazingly, there was a parking spot right at the front entrance. It wasn't 30 seconds before it turned into a Camaro Car show. Since, FBod and #3 were so cool about showing us their cars and driving us around, I figured I would spread the Camaro love. So if anyone wanted to sit in it, I let them. I'm pretty sure GM sold a lot of Camaros that night. I know at least two, because they told me they were going to Rosner the next day. One biker had a custom with a V8 engine. He said would could trade for a couple hours next week. We'll see. It was really cool seeing so many people diggin the Camaro.

Here is a picture, so you clowns can't do the worthless without pictures thing. Anyway, that's all I can think of, so if you have any questions. Let me know.
Attached Images

"It's better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." Abraham Lincoln
Quote:
Silver Streak: This car is screaming Camaro all the way through. If you are still complaining about the Camaro, you need to re-evaluate!
Edmunds: "You want to kick ass, or fondle the door panels, sissy?" LOL!!!
Blur: You need to develop your own level of badassery before handling a car with so much badass content.
pinkcamaro10: "gained the faith back" Thanks guys! "Patiently" waiting thanks to all the pink milk people!
http://camaro5rt.mybrute.com
RT21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 12:10 PM   #2
GothamCamaro
Then you're gonna love me

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro Tumbler RS
Very cool write up RT! You just make me want my Camaro even more!

Anyone that knows of a place that is making the Concept Shifter for the new Camaro. (Auto specifically) Please let me know.

Order# NDTMVP Ordered 10/23/08.
2000 on 5/21/09... It begins.....
4B00 on 6/26/09... In transit to the Cave
5000 on 7/6/09 it waits for my arrival!
1000000 on 7/10/09 The Tumbler is in the Cave!
GothamCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 12:11 PM   #3
pinkcamaro10
2G1FC1EV1A9110079

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS, 2013 2SS/RS 1LE
Send a message via MSN to pinkcamaro10
do i see dirt on that car???

shame shame!!

good review!
Old 05-27-2009, 12:12 PM   #4
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
Pics @ the bar, goofball..
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 12:15 PM   #5
Hemlawk
AwesomeBillDawesonville

Drives: CGM 2SS/RS =)
Hula girl on the dash? Sweeeet

Nice review. How do you like the leather? I'm not sure if I want it...

Order placed on 1/13/11 - Purchased 2/22/11 2SS/RS CGM
Hemlawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 12:17 PM   #6
bossbunny
Mrs. Bunny to you

Drives: Not a Camaro
Wow. Jealous! Thanks for the review! I also want a 2LT/RS. And the only thing that worried me was the visability. I even started driving me car with the mirrors the way it says to set them on the camaro. But you saying the visability is good makes me feel so much better.
Thanks alot.
Beautiful car!
bossbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 12:25 PM   #7
Camaro Bruce
repn UCF

Drives: 08 Riot
Send a message via MSN to Camaro Bruce
Nice review, guess Ill have to start hangin out at Lou's Blues!!

1100, Preliminary order accepted - 4/30/09
2000, Order accepted by GM - 5/21/09
2500, Preferenced - 5/26/09
3000, Order accepted by production control - 5/27/09
3100, Order available to sequence - 6/16/09
3300, Order scheduled for production - 6/16/09
3400, Order broadcast - 6/29/09
3800, Order produced -7/2/09 #2G1FS1EW4A9123856
4000, Available to ship
4200, Shipped
4300, Intermediate Delivery
4B00, Bayed
5000, Delivered to the dealer
6000, Delivered to the customer
Camaro Bruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 12:25 PM   #8
MontyCarlo

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS auto IBM
Is that a black interior? I'm getting a 2LT/RS IBM too, and I had trouble deciding on which interior to get. I ended up going with the gray. I thought that would complement the instrument panel's colors well. How do you like yours?
3. Yes, but the medication helps immensely.

2LT/RS IBM/gray #21,895 ordered April 21st, delivered July 3rd
MontyCarlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 12:28 PM   #9
MassCamaro

Drives: .
Great review

One thing about the non-issue blind spot you noticed. How tall are you? I'm 6'2" and definately need the seat as far back as possible with some lean to fit properly and in that scenario it does create a massive blind spot but maybe not the case for drivers at or under 6'. I'm just curious
MassCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 12:38 PM   #10
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Awesome post RT! I can't wait to let people sit in mine and check it out for themselves. Plus 1 for bar pics!
Old 05-27-2009, 12:44 PM   #11
RT21
Sage of Thread Killing

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkcamaro10 View Post
do i see dirt on that car???

shame shame!!

good review!
:( It was raining all week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SLVRBULIT View Post
Pics @ the bar, goofball..
Goofball?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlawk View Post
Hula girl on the dash? Sweeeet

Nice review. How do you like the leather? I'm not sure if I want it...
Leather is awesome, soft, comfortable!!! Do it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgebunny View Post
Wow. Jealous! Thanks for the review! I also want a 2LT/RS. And the only thing that worried me was the visability. I even started driving me car with the mirrors the way it says to set them on the camaro. But you saying the visability is good makes me feel so much better.
Thanks alot.
Beautiful car!
You should be good to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Bruce View Post
Nice review, guess Ill have to start hangin out at Lou's Blues!!
Why are you not already?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyCarlo View Post
Is that a black interior? I'm getting a 2LT/RS IBM too, and I had trouble deciding on which interior to get. I ended up going with the gray. I thought that would complement the instrument panel's colors well. How do you like yours?
Grey Interior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassCamaro View Post
Great review

One thing about the non-issue blind spot you noticed. How tall are you? I'm 6'2" and definately need the seat as far back as possible with some lean to fit properly and in that scenario it does create a massive blind spot but maybe not the case for drivers at or under 6'. I'm just curious
Thanx. I'm 5'10. So it may be different for taller dudes. But I don't see how unless your head is almost hitting the cealing and you are nearly looking at the roof at the door frame.

"It's better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." Abraham Lincoln
Quote:
Silver Streak: This car is screaming Camaro all the way through. If you are still complaining about the Camaro, you need to re-evaluate!
Blur: You need to develop your own level of badassery before handling a car with so much badass content.
pinkcamaro10: "gained the faith back" Thanks guys! "Patiently" waiting thanks to all the pink milk people!
Old 05-27-2009, 12:45 PM   #12
RT21
Sage of Thread Killing

Sadly, I wasn't expecting to stay there, so I didn't bring the camera. I was just going to show it to the bouncer then take off. So, no bar pics. I'll bring one next time...Friday or Saturday or both ... LOL.

Quote:
Old 05-27-2009, 12:53 PM   #13
Koru

Drives: 201? Camaro
Great write-up
Old 05-27-2009, 01:07 PM   #14
The Dark Knight
Batmobile in Disguise

Drives: 2009 Pontiac G8
Awesome review man! I'm still waiting for me 2LT/RS!