Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 12-29-2017, 08:30 PM   #1
Drizzt ss

Drives: 2017 NGM 1SS MRC NPP
Saved some money, need some pro advice

I know this is a lazy post. I have about $2k saved and want to get winter tires and summer wheels. Used or new makes no difference to me but I am partial to the 1 LE wheels, I love concave. I understand if I take some heat for this post, I started looking but there’s a ton of sites and I don’t want to pick a Maryland speed type of dealer and screw myself.

Anyway, if you were me, let me know what you would do. What would you pick?
It’s funny how I always see wheels I want, now that I can buy some, I’m drawing a blank, it’s terrible haha, thanks guys.

Oh and to be clear, I want to get winter tires to put on my stock wheels for this winter, and get new wheels for the summer, I’ll worry about summer tires later.
Old 12-29-2017, 09:36 PM   #2
metros11

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
It sounds to me like you're interested in these:

https://www.mrrwheels.com/collection.../products/m017
metros11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 10:03 PM   #3
Drizzt ss

Quote:
Originally Posted by metros11 View Post
It sounds to me like you're interested in these:

https://www.mrrwheels.com/collection.../products/m017
Yes sir, those are beautiful, I was looking at the ferrada fr1’s as well but they are a little expensive for what I’m trying to do. I want my cake and to eat it too haha. I have to look and see if anyone has those 1LE replicas used or on sale so I can try and swing the winter tires too. But I’m going to keep looking, I’m sure there’s wheels I’ve never seen before that would interest me.
Old 12-29-2017, 11:49 PM   #4
stlrammer

Drives: 2017 1SS Blue
I put General G-Max AS-05 all season on my 2010 SS. That got me around just fine for Missouri winters under 2.5 inches. This is a great summer tire too. Check out TireRack for the G-Max tires and wheels.
Old 12-30-2017, 10:08 AM   #5
metros11

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlrammer View Post
I put General G-Max AS-05 all season on my 2010 SS. That got me around just fine for Missouri winters under 2.5 inches. This is a great summer tire too. Check out TireRack for the G-Max tires and wheels.
I had those Generals on my 05 Saabaru, great tires all around.
metros11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 01:03 PM   #6
Drizzt ss

Thanks for the heads up, I’ll check them out.
Old 12-30-2017, 10:14 PM   #7
16CamaroSS

Drives: 2016 Summit White Camaro SS (2SS)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizzt ss View Post
Oh and to be clear, I want to get winter tires to put on my stock wheels for this winter, and get new wheels for the summer, I’ll worry about summer tires later.
Found some decent (not premium performance) wheels for $1500 and spent about $1100-1200 on my "winter" tires. Put the stock tires (summers) on the new "fancy" wheels and the Continental DWSs all seasons on my stock wheels.

DWSs will get you through the winter but from what I understand are not half as good as dedicated winter tires. They are also NOT run flats.
16CamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 10:18 PM   #8
16CamaroSS

Drives: 2016 Summit White Camaro SS (2SS)
Meant to add that you should probably check out the dedicate Wheels/Tires section of the forum.
16CamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 08:47 PM   #9
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
I paid $1350 for real ZL1 forged take off wheels.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote