Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 04-28-2014, 10:25 PM   #29
SS PANTHER

Drives: 2013 SS Supercharged Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indydriver View Post
Why would you want to do this?
True. There are better aftermarket suspension components available.
SS PANTHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 01:08 AM   #30
intensifi

Drives: '12 2LT Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indydriver View Post
Why would you want to do this?
cause the aftermarket guys keep going out of business
Old 04-29-2014, 03:18 AM   #31
Indydriver

Drives: '14 2SS/RS Vert 6M/KTU/NPP/DTA/ARH
There's a reason the 1LE option is not available on the convertible. How often do you exceed the cornering limitations of the stock setup? Do you not like the ride?

Last edited by Indydriver; 04-29-2014 at 03:49 AM.
Indydriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 05:29 AM   #32
SS PANTHER

Quote:
Originally Posted by intensifi View Post
cause the aftermarket guys keep going out of business
Lol, but sad. The 1LE stuff will fit and is a good option for those who want to save money as a lot of used 1LE and ZL1 suspension parts have been replaced with aftermarket parts and the factory stuff used is cheap. I'm glad I got my Pfadt ZL spec sways before they went out. Having Dick Guldstrand install my radius rod bushings, Pfadt upper rear control arm bushings, toelinks and trailing arms tomorrow to finish off my suspension. I already have Hotchkis springs and cradle bushings with a 275 square setup and the car handles and rides great. Can't wait for my next canyon run and AutoX. Look at who I have to keep up with.
Old 04-29-2014, 05:39 AM   #33
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by pincoin View Post
Maybe because my parents brought me home in a convertible when I was born. Only problem it was a Ford!
They just wanted to make sure they made it home with you okay.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 08:27 PM   #34
kevinw

Drives: 2013 Black 2 LT vert
this was my first vert. i had conerns and went back and forth for about 5 months. i was either going to get a 2LT coupe or LT vert. i looked at verts back in 98 when i bought my Firebird, but didnt like the big blind spots on the firebird verts back then. my gf at the time had a chysler vert, and had owned several. so, with research, i deceide to go with a 13 vert, hoping to avoid the problems of the 11 and 12. the SS vert was too far oiut of my price range and i didnt feel i needed the 400 HP. but i love this car so far. its always garaged. got some Raggtop to put on it. car has 750 miles on it as havent driven it daily yet, and didnt drive it thru the winter. it is a NON RS, as i wanted the 19 inch wheels with all seasons. but, she is a heavy car, but even for a V6 will get up and go. i got the catch can in trunk to install and will get a Rotofab yet. i put phastek hideways on and they look great with the heritage grill on the black car. but, its a fun car!
kevinw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 08:32 PM   #35
007s 'Vert
Formerly Lil'BlueCoupe

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Vert, Summit White
I actually cannot get enough of this car, I was happy just driving the hard top when I had it, but this vert really brings it to a whole new level, Im finding myself taking detours from my routes, even if I am out just for the sake of driving it!
I just kick back and crank my 80s music on XM (ya Im that old) and just totally enjoy it and occasionally punch it just to hear the dual mode exhaust for $hits and grins

Just the convertible adds a whole new dimension that I totally love, for my first vert, I made the right choice!

OH!.....did I mention the HUD?
Old 04-30-2014, 10:11 AM   #36
MYBADSS

Drives: 2015 ZL1 Convertible Automatic
I love my SS/RS 2012 vert. every spring I can't wait for the snow to melt. Put the 1/LE 3.91 gears in this year holy crap !!! What a difference! I ordered a plain white with black interior. Sent it to the paint shop for Victory Red paint stripes. Then to the leather shop for red leather seats. Victory red panel inserts. Top it off with some Foose Legends and Nitto NR05's.
See below.
MYBADSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 10:15 AM   #37
MYBADSS

Drives: 2015 ZL1 Convertible Automatic
[
Attached Images

MYBADSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 10:42 AM   #38
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007s 'Vert View Post
I actually cannot get enough of this car, I was happy just driving the hard top when I had it, but this vert really brings it to a whole new level, Im finding myself taking detours from my routes, even if I am out just for the sake of driving it!
I just kick back and crank my 80s music on XM (ya Im that old) and just totally enjoy it and occasionally punch it just to hear the dual mode exhaust for $hits and grins

Just the convertible adds a whole new dimension that I totally love, for my first vert, I made the right choice!

OH!.....did I mention the HUD?
Yeah I felt the same way about my 2010 Coupe. I told my wife as much as I liked that car I love the convertible twice as much. There is nothing like a top down drive in the mountians.
Attached Images

Old 04-30-2014, 09:04 PM   #39
kevinw

Drives: 2013 Black 2 LT vert
mybadss. that is really a nice lookin car! With all you did with the red and the white. wow. your dash threw me off with the touch screen as you have a 12, and the 12s didnt have that yet. i have a all black 13 2LT vert. not as fast as yours but still a fun car. !
kevinw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 04:45 AM   #40
SS PANTHER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
There is nothing like a top down drive in the mountians.
Attached Images