Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 12-10-2014, 08:05 AM   #1
Zfatuated

Drives: BAC Mono
Z/28 - Gateway Car, Now Have An All-Chevy garage!

GM employees/suppliers browsing the forum will be pleased to see...your plan is working!

I just bought a maxed-out 2015 Silverado 1500 High Country (4x4/short-bed), White Diamond Tricoat, with the 6.2l (derived from the 'Vette engine) and 8-speed trans (also derived from the new 'Vette). It's amazing and I love it so far (150 miles). More chrome that I care for, but oh well.

"Never in a million years" would I have considered buying a Chevy pickup before my Z/28.

"Never in a million years" would I have considered buying a Camaro until the Z/28 was announced 1.5 years ago. So there you go.

For those that care I've owned mostly BMW's and Porsches, and I traded a RAM 1500 Laramie on the Silverado. Had a Cayenne Turbo before the RAM.

The new truck is tomb quiet, rides firm and controlled, far better than a truck has any right to. Plenty of power. Silky smooth transmission, excellent handling, amazingly great steering feel. The RAM Laramie was "ok", however the cockpit ergonomics and controls feel were freakin terrible, and the ride even with the air suspension was jiggly bouncy. The Chevy is on a whole other level by any and every measure.

GM employees and suppliers, thank you for your work and determination to make this possible. Your products are world-class. I love my two Chevy's.

Zfatuated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 08:57 AM   #2
SEVEN-OH JOE
Account Suspended

Drives: some to distraction
Congrats!
SEVEN-OH JOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 10:01 AM   #3
el-guapin
Trust No One!

Drives: 2010 SIM 2LT/RS
Sweet!.. Congrats!
Old 12-10-2014, 11:31 AM   #4
brt3
Runs with scissors...

Drives: '14 Z/28s SIM/SW
Nice. Photos required, though -- preferably of the stable-mates together...
Old 12-10-2014, 12:16 PM   #5
backtotintops

Drives: 14 Z/28 0#
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zfatuated View Post
"Never in a million years" would I have considered buying a Camaro until the Z/28 was announced 1.5 years ago.:
as a previous porsche/viper guy +1 on the above but I have had many chevy trucks.
Old 12-11-2014, 01:57 PM   #6
Iron Lung Jimmy

Drives: Iron Lung, Jimmy
Nice. Post a pic.

I'm looking hard at the new Colorado.
Iron Lung Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 04:19 PM   #7
brt3
Runs with scissors...

Drives: '14 Z/28s SIM/SW
Quote:
Originally Posted by backtotintops View Post
as a previous porsche/viper guy +1 on the above but I have had many chevy trucks.
Ditto here -- two 2500HD trucks, a couple of Suburbans, and a Denali Yukon. Last Chevy/GM car I had was a Cosworth-Vega...
Old 12-12-2014, 08:22 AM   #8
Zfatuated

Drives: BAC Mono
Terrible weather here, will post pics in a couple days. Removed the chrome OE steps yesterday and installed the AMP Research auto-retractable steps, big improvement aesthetically and functionally. Added a set of Michelin Snow/Ice X-Ice Xi2's and a tri-fold tonneau and now I'm good to go for a few years

Doing the step install gave me the chance for a good view of the inner and underparts. Like the Z/28, there is some very very good engineering going on here. The engine compartment and all the bits under there are first rate. Everything looks expensive and reeks of quality.

The good news from the economic problems of '08-'09...are autos like these.

Zfatuated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 09:43 PM   #9
CamaroRS/SS10

Drives: '13 Hot Wheels & '14 Z/28
I have to say I'm all Chevy myself as my DD is a 14 Impala, I have a 1ton 15 Silverado for towing my car, my daughter drives a Cruze, and my wife drive a Suburban. We pretty much have the whole line up. Can't for get the best ride, oh yea the Camaro!
2013 Hot Wheels Camaro #63 SS 6-Speed. All stock and keeping it that way.

2014 Z/28 #119 A/C car(not by choice, ordered wrong) All stock and plan to keep it that way. The kid in me wants to mod the Hell out of it but the adult says it will be worth more years down the road. The 2 of them need to stop fighting!
1983 Chevrolet C10 lowered and restoring.
1986 Chevrolet K10 6 in lift, 35's,restored daily driver for my son.
2013 Hot Wheels Camaro. Life Size Toy..
2014 Z/28 my weekend stress reliever!
2015 Checy Sonic RS
2015 Chevy Equinox
CamaroRS/SS10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 10:14 PM   #10
Ryanbabz71

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 1SS 1LE
Cool I have a 2010 with the 6.2 (no AFM) and its a great truck.

Ryan
Ryanbabz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 09:50 AM   #11
super60
Built with Pride "Oshawa"

Drives: 2011 Chev Silverado Z71 Crew
Quote:
GM employees/suppliers browsing the forum will be pleased to see...your plan is working!

I just bought a maxed-out 2015 Silverado 1500 High Country (4x4/short-bed), White Diamond Tricoat, with the 6.2l (derived from the 'Vette engine) and 8-speed trans (also derived from the new 'Vette). It's amazing and I love it so far (150 miles). More chrome that I care for, but oh well.

"Never in a million years" would I have considered buying a Chevy pickup before my Z/28.

"Never in a million years" would I have considered buying a Camaro until the Z/28 was announced 1.5 years ago. So there you go.

For those that care I've owned mostly BMW's and Porsches, and I traded a RAM 1500 Laramie on the Silverado. Had a Cayenne Turbo before the RAM.

The new truck is tomb quiet, rides firm and controlled, far better than a truck has any right to. Plenty of power. Silky smooth transmission, excellent handling, amazingly great steering feel. The RAM Laramie was "ok", however the cockpit ergonomics and controls feel were freakin terrible, and the ride even with the air suspension was jiggly bouncy. The Chevy is on a whole other level by any and every measure.

GM employees and suppliers, thank you for your work and determination to make this possible. Your products are world-class. I love my two Chevy's.

On behalf of the Oshawa Camaro Build Team i'd like to personally thank you for your continued support of GM and Team Z/28 & i'm sure the good folks at the Silverado/Sierra truck plant also send their appreciation for your positive comments on the all new High Country . Enjoy the ride in both of your Chevys and best regards from Canada

Mike Judge
Super60

In Memory of Dawson Ellert .
super60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 10:44 AM   #12
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:

Hey Zfatuated,

This is awesome! We're so happy to have you as a member of our Chevy family!

We would like to talk to you more about your purchasing experience with your Camaro and Silverado. Would you mind shooting us a PM?

Marissa
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 10:57 AM   #13
Mean Green Z28

Drives: 2010 2SS
congrats!
-- >> Some of my Projects My Fquick Page
Mean Green Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 11:46 PM   #14
My 5th

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6 Black on Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by brt3 View Post
Ditto here -- two 2500HD trucks, a couple of Suburbans, and a Denali Yukon. Last Chevy/GM car I had was a Cosworth-Vega...
I had two Cosworth Vegas, both 75's #583 and #1069. The CosVeg never was able to live up to its potential. GM gave up too easily on the Bosch fuel injection. If we had today's technology that little 2.0 liter would have made 200+ hp instead of the puny 110 it shipped with.