Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-27-2018, 10:36 PM   #15
Arkangel-77

Drives: 2010 SS Camaro
PS - I feel a little AC blowing on my feat when its set to the front vents. It dose not do this on the Passengers side. I noticed this same thing on some of the others I test drove. Is it doing this by design or is this a common issue with a blender door or motor or something?
Arkangel-77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 10:44 PM   #16
oslouie

Drives: 2018 2SS M6 Redline
Forget the Range AFM disabler. You might as well go ahead and get an SCT X4 from Dynosteve and get your ride tuned instead of wasting money on a Range. That way, he can tune your TCM to shift a lot better and disable the AFM. Plus he'll do free lifetime tunes if you end up adding upgrades in the future. The TCM tune alone is well worth the unit.
oslouie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 10:53 PM   #17
Arkangel-77

Quote:
Originally Posted by oslouie View Post
Forget the Range AFM disabler. You might as well go ahead and get an SCT X4 from Dynosteve and get your ride tuned instead of wasting money on a Range. That way, he can tune your TCM to shift a lot better and disable the AFM. Plus he'll do free lifetime tunes if you end up adding upgrades in the future. The TCM tune alone is well worth the unit.

well that might be a god Idea. I need to look up this Dynosteve person =)

jc615 - Worked like a charm. That's what I get for believing the sales woman lol =). It just shows how Ignorant I am about this new car. Thank you man!
Old 07-27-2018, 10:57 PM   #18
jc615
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro and Sierra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkangel-77 View Post

jc615 - Worked like a charm. That's what I get for believing the sales woman lol =). It just shows how Ignorant I am about this new car. Thank you man!
Glad I could help. I forget if my camaro does it as well but hold the unlock button and I think the windows will automatically go down as well
jc615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 11:01 PM   #19
Arkangel-77

I will try that also =)
Old 07-27-2018, 11:06 PM   #20
CamaroFred

Drives: Miss Con Ception
Congratulations!

Go to chevy.com, select the owners tab and you can find your owner's manual in .pdf for download.

I never noticed air from under the dash when set to vent, but I have never driven without long pants and shoes and socks on.
Old 07-27-2018, 11:29 PM   #21
Arkangel-77

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroFred View Post
Congratulations!

Go to chevy.com, select the owners tab and you can find your owner's manual in .pdf for download.

I never noticed air from under the dash when set to vent, but I have never driven without long pants and shoes and socks on.

Thank you - I think I have the Hard Copy of the Manual =).

AS for the AC - I felt it threw my tennis - its very Light but steady ...
Old 07-27-2018, 11:41 PM   #22
jc615
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro and Sierra
One more hint I just thought of. Do a search on here, there is a thread for tips and tricks people found/learned they didn’t realize these cars had. Yes, most are in the manual but it may help you
jc615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 11:46 PM   #23
CamaroFred

Drives: Miss Con Ception
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67 to 91 to 13 View Post
Looks nice I like the ground effects package.
2SS gives you leather and some other options. You can also tell if your ss badges are red
The other 2LT/2SS options are all interior upgrades. Leather seats, upgraded stereo, auto-dim and heated mirrors, etc. I don't recall if 2010 had HUD, that may have been added in 2011.

The SS badges are red when the RS package is added to an SS. 1SS or 2SS.
Although it is almost a given that a 2SS would have the added RS package, there are some without it.
Not as many 1SS were ordered with it. Mine was hard to find. It's the only option on my Camaro.

RS is an exterior appearance package and added 20" midnight silver wheels, darkened taillights, painted roof ditch moldings, and HID headlights with fog lights replaced with DRLs.

On LTs it also added a rear spoiler and RS badges front and rear.
Again, more popular on 2LTs than 1LTs, though it could be ordered on either.
Old 07-28-2018, 06:59 AM   #24
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
So, Arkangel-77, if you have leather seats, a gauge cluster, and an automatic transmission on the console, it's a 2SS (not SS2) and it came with remote start from the factory. No doubt about it!

If the remote start isn't working now, it may be because your original windshield may have been replaced with the non-remote start one. You should be able to chase that down by researching the part number on your windshield, or take it to a glass shop and ask them to help you.
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 07:07 AM   #25
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
Welcome and congrats on your new to you ride!

Glad you got your remote start issues figured out. I'm guessing you didn't buy it at a Chevy dealer, otherwise that lady needs to go back to 'Chevy 101' class. I hope you used that "broken" remote start to your advantage in negotiation!

Your new ride looks real good and scoring one with the factory ground effects package is a definite big win! Those things are $2,300 if you buy them later and that's not even an installed price!

As for your cold air intake choice, CAI is a great brand. I'm running Roto-fab on mine, but if I was going with another brand they would be my top alternate. If you're looking for more sound, I always recommend what I bought, Solo-Performance. I too have an automatic and I have their Mach XL catback and have been VERY happy ever since I bought it. It's one of two systems that is guaranteed drone free and it has a great muscle car sound. Unfortunately I don't have any pre-header sound clips, but here's a couple that I did:
Pre tune:

Post tune:

I hope this helps and enjoy your new ride!!
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 07:15 AM   #26
Welker2
Ret AF, cancer survivor

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS & 2006 Corvette
Nice ride, congratulations. Looks like most of your questions have been answered. As far as needing a tune if you do either the cat or axel back exhaust and/or a CAI intake, the answer is no. I originally just did the axel back and just recently replaced the resonator/h-pipe with an x-pipe. Basically, I did an cat back set up in two stages, if I had to do it all over again, I would have just gone with the cat back setup to start with. I also have the K&N CAI and have not had a tune (yet); no codes and runs great.
Old 07-28-2018, 07:30 AM   #27
kburlar

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Congrats on the new ride. They are beautiful cars. Hope you get as much joy driving yours as I do driving mine.
3.91 Gears, Eaton TrueTrac Posi, Billet Main Caps, Ported Throttle Body
1LE Suspension. ZL1 Springs, 2.9L Whipple Ssupercharger
kburlar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 07:44 AM   #28
Avenging Orange

Drives: 2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS
Sharp ride. Do yourself a favor and spend some time read through this and other Camaro forums. Per your post, you obviously know a bit about cars. What goes for your f-bodies is very similar to 5th gen for what you are planning. So you should understand the basics. I find people here are always willing to help new members but after a while of asking the same question will net a lot of " please search, the answers are here."
Take your time....don't rush into something one person tells you to. Read, learn and make an educated decision.
CAI's intakes rock. My suggestion on exhaust, it starts at the front...meaning headers. Be 100% sure you don't want them before hacking into you exhaust. Otherwise you could get into something you don't like and have to spend double to correct. But I agree, the stock resonator is the worst piece, get rid of it with h or x pipe. Then get a hand held and contact some of our great remote tuners. Even with a few simple mods and a good tune, you will feel a great difference. Enjoy!
2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS M6 Black Leather, Sun Roof, OBX Headers, Borla touring axle back, Cold Air Inductions CAI , non synthetic fluids, BMR total bushing upgrade/1" lowering springs, DSE 32mm rear sway bar. GM fe4 shocks/struts/LCA's, AAM 3.91 diff, Vertini RFS1.8 20x9 +30. Conti ExtremeContact Sport 275/35/20. sjm autoprod ABL dash kit. Mike Norris tuned 413/419.
Avenging Orange: 43 years of not buying into the Hype........and damn proud of it!!
https://youtu.be/9JD9it6SmB8
https://youtu.be/xmelTlEzI34
KICKING CANCERS ASS SINCE 2015!!
Avenging Orange is offline   Reply With Quote