Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 11-18-2010, 10:59 PM   #29
Orange Krate
Not just any car!

Drives: Orange Krate DOB - 11/22/2010
UGH! Stuck on 3400... this is a hurdle.

For some reason I think being at 3400 is one of the toughest codes because you have NO clue where you are at in the factory process. You know the car is either waiting for metal stamping to begin or it is going through the final car wash and tire alignment checks. But during that time there is zero feedback in that 18 hour build. Wouldn't it be nice if you could watch your car on webcam being built! Skype for Camaros! Now that would be fun and progressive. It would be cool to be able to record your car's build onto DVD as well. Even still photos would be great. I volunteer to go to Oshawa and be the photographer! LOL

In the meantime... COME ON 3800 and VIN. Oh that elusive VIN.

Simi Valley, CA
email: orangekrate2011@yahoo.com
Orange Krate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 11:11 PM   #30
Orange Krate
Not just any car!

So why the name Orange Krate?

Orange Krate was the name of a Schwinn bicycle in the mid 1960s. I had one of the first Orange Krate style bicycles and it was on that bike that I started my first business as a newpaper carrier at the age of 12. I loved that bike but outgrew it with the expansion of my paper route from 1 to 3 different routes at the same time. (I guess I understood "growth" as a business even at that young age)

There have been several cars over the years that have shared names with those famous Schwinn bikes: Orange Krate, Apple Krate, Lemon Peeler Stingray etc. My bicycle was an essential part of my life as a kid growing up, until I got a driver's license (direct correlation with weight gain!!!). I want to do my old bike honor by naming our new baby Orange Krate. Still don't know if it will be a boy or a girl and will only know after it is delivered. My hunch is a girl. Orange Krate is a unisex name so I guess it doesn't matter. LOL

Below are photos of the infamous bike. Hey check out the front sprocket! It almost looks like a Camaro wheel on the Gen 5! I thought about doing stripes like the Orange Krate bike and building a custom shifter handle like the original bike shifter. But since I got a Hurst coming I will leave it like that. Could buy a bicycle rack and throw an Orange Krate bike on there for car show and shines! Now there is an idea!

Cheers to Orange Krate and you!
Attached Images

Simi Valley, CA

Last edited by Orange Krate; 01-24-2011 at 03:13 PM.
Old 11-19-2010, 02:18 AM   #31
BWProductions
StormTrooper

Drives: SW 2SS/RS Vert with Beige top soon
I have an Orange Krate reproduction as a collector bike, but I ride it all the time, and is so much fun to ride. I get nothing but looks and people always comment on how nice it is. It is a real investment, and is worth some money, and the bike shop that I got it from even wants to buy it back now! NO WAY!!!

Congrats on the Camaro, and I think the name fits perfectly!
Old 11-19-2010, 02:29 AM   #32
BlissStreet
High Plains Drifter

Drives: Captiva 3.2, Aveo 1.6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Krate View Post
Orange Krate was the name of a Schwinn bicycle in the mid 1960s. I had one of the first Orange Krate style bicycles and it was on that bike that I started my first business as a newpaper carrier at the age of 12. I loved that bike but outgrew it with the expansion of my paper route from 1 to 3 different routes at the same time. (I guess I understood "growth" as a business even at that young age)
Without a doubt, one of the coolest backgrounds of a car name ever.
BlissStreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 03:09 AM   #33
BWProductions
StormTrooper

Drives: SW 2SS/RS Vert with Beige top soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlissStreet View Post
Old 11-23-2010, 07:02 AM   #34
Orange Krate
Not just any car!

Announcement taken from the thread "TPW Week of 11/15"

ORANGE KRATE LIVES!!!!
The journey home to Mom and Dad is soon to begin. Dreams can come true it can happen to you...if your young at heart. Drinks on the house. Cigars anyone? Birth announcements pending. Next to my kids being born and marrying my wonderful wife...this is one of the happiest days of my life. Long live Chevrolet. Long live the King!

VIN: 2G1FT1EW8B9137872

Simi Valley, CA

Last edited by Orange Krate; 11-26-2010 at 10:48 PM.
Old 11-23-2010, 07:09 AM   #35
Orange Krate
Not just any car!

One word...ECSTATIC. The notification system at CamaroTracking.Com was down for roughly 1 day and when it went back up and on the morning of 11/23 we were notified that Orange Krate came to life on 11/22 or thereabouts. More stuff to be posted soon. Immediate family notifications pending. Off to work.

Follow up: Attached is Electronic Window Sticker for ORANGE KRATE!
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Chevrolet _ Locate A Vehicl...pdf (32.1 KB, 253 views)

Simi Valley, CA

Last edited by Orange Krate; 11-26-2010 at 10:48 PM.
Old 11-24-2010, 01:16 AM   #36
Orange Krate
Not just any car!

**Un-Official Birth Certificate for ORANGE KRATE**

Here is the unofficial birth certificate drafted up for Orange Krate. It recognizes three individuals who were instrumental in the development, creation and promotion of the Gen 5 Camaro.

Sunyap Lee - Chief Designer
Al Oppenheiser - Chief Engineer
Scott Settlemire (aka FBodFather) - Manager: Chevrolet (Camaro) Shows and Exhibits
Attached Images

Simi Valley, CA
Old 11-26-2010, 09:09 PM   #37
Orange Krate
Not just any car!

Orange Krates Status up to 4B00

The wait begins...
Attached Images

Simi Valley, CA
Old 11-26-2010, 09:31 PM   #38
Orange Krate
Not just any car!

Orange Krate Status

ORANGE KRATE'S STATUS Posted with Code 3800 on 11/23/2010
Attached Images

Simi Valley, CA
Old 11-26-2010, 10:47 PM   #39
Orange Krate
Not just any car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlissStreet View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWProductions View Post

Thanks Bliss and BW! I have had a number of friends now refer to Orange Krate by her name. She is starting to take on a personality and she isn't even home yet. The excitement and tension builds!

Simi Valley, CA
Old 11-27-2010, 02:14 AM   #40
Orange Krate
Not just any car!

Making Friends...

There are so many good people on this site I can't believe it. Good people with some real skills too. Talent to critically think, plan, fabricate, modify, build, improvise, communicate, educate; it seems endless. Of course there are bound to be a few rebels and malcontents whenever you have a wide open website with this many people on it. After being on the site for over a year and reading as much as I can each day as time permits, I can't begin to thank all those who have taught me something about this Gen 5 creation. It isn't the old GM and it's NOT your Dad's Chevy either. I hope to do good by the organization and bring as many new Gen 5 owners as I can to the site so they can share the knowledge, experiences, and comaraderie. Perhaps it should be "Camaro-aderie"!

If you are reading my thread you probably have talked to me or seen one of my posts. You may know me personally. You may have also received one of the CAM5 business cards with my screen name on it. Whenever I see a Camaro parked or someone who is driving/getting into one I try and tactfully approach them and hand them the card so they can become a part of this extended family. Energy builds energy and there is a lot of it here. Addicting is an understatement. Let the good times roll.
Attached Images

Simi Valley, CA
Old 11-27-2010, 02:21 AM   #41
Orange Krate
Not just any car!

Have your cake and eat it too!

So at my last birthday (I stopped counting) my wife and daughters presented me this cake. That was last April and months before I would order our new Orange Krate. Little did I know at that time that I would be ordering so soon. I hoped it would have happened in 2009 but I had too many other obligations. Now it is a reality coming as quick as the train ride gets Orange Krate here. I think it is time to perhaps order a second cake like this so I can have Orange Krate, and eat the cake too.
Attached Images

Simi Valley, CA
Old 11-27-2010, 07:06 AM   #42
andredmg
Big Nasty

Drives: Chevys lots of em
Bayed and ready for shipment, is that at the port, railyard or Canada? If you lived in New Mexico, Texas or Colorado Id personnally get that badboy out to you, WORD (GM Supplier Car Hauler) lol. Congrats man and it will be worth the wait trust me.
andredmg is offline   Reply With Quote