Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-03-2009, 08:40 PM   #29
Shotzi

Drives: Black/Black LS 6spd
I want to make out with my car.....everyone wants to make out with her, she is so attractive.
When I first bought my car, there were several people waiting outside to see her arrive. I work in an office building with about 500 people. When I was finally able to get upstairs to my desk, I sit by a window in the middle of the building with cubicles, my friend next to me said stand up, when I stood up, looking towards the windows, everyone was lined up against the windows looking at her. Then the emails, the phone calls and IM's started !! IS that yours? Can I go see her when you leave? Do you mind if I give her a name of my own? Just non stop for weeks. I had one of the girls stocking my house to show her husband! The first time I had to fill up, a girl jumps out and asks if that was the new Camaro and I said yes, she asked politely, "can I take some pictures"? I said of course, she was so excited.
We went to get icecream one evening, and there was a suburban that pulled up with a lot of kids that just won their baseball game. The boys got out, went to go inside the ice cream shop, and one of the boys said "WOW". All the boys ran back to our car, meanwhile we are just sitting outside enjoying an icecream cone, and not letting them know it was ours, they pulled out their camera phones, started calling their friends, and texting that they just personnally was in the presence of a Camaro. It was cute.
Another time my husband and I went out to dinner and we were heading back to our car, we were parked in town along side the street. My husband says "are those girls around our car?" He immediately hit the alarm button. The girls were kissing and one was lying ON MY BABY!!!! So once we get to the car, they were very sorry for doing such a thing but was praising us up and down like we were the King and Queen.
I have also had several mustangs give me thumbs up.
I was driving into town to do some shopping and pulled into a parking lot with a parking lot attendant on duty and saw that it was only for certain shops, so I pulled out across the street to metered parking. I got out of my car and the attendant comes over and compliments me on my car, and he said come park in the parking lot, I will not charge you, and you do no need to shop at these stores, I will watch your car for you. What a guy, I brought him back a frappucino from Starbucks, he enjoyed it.
Hit into a bachelor party, when the guys were leaving the bar, they were all taking their picture with my car.

Everyday is a new thrill. Enjoy your Camaro's, to me this is a once in a lifetime experience, everywhere I go, there are people all over that is as excited as I am to drive one of these marvelous cars!
Shotzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 08:56 PM   #30
wullger
Supercharged

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by "prima"Donna View Post
Thank you everyone for knowing EXACTLY what I'm talkin' 'bout...

AND, to all of you out there that are still patiently waiting for their car to arrive, believe me and every other 5th Gen Camaro owner, THE WAIT IS WORTH IT!!!...you will all(soon, I hope)know EXACTLY what I mean...

I will be just as happy when you get your cars as I am for myself...

This car and all my "forum buddies" are my tickets to HAPPINESS!!!...

I cannot believe the love and support that the Camaro community has shown to me, a total stranger, all brought together for the LOVE of the CAMARO...

What an amazing group of "Camaro Comrades", as the Fbodfather calls us...
Hey donna, name this expression!:

Been a member of the 'perma-grin' club for about two weeks now

Appearance Mods:
Heritage Grille, ZL1 Replica Wheels
Performance Mods:
Flowmaster ARH Cat-Back Exhaust, ADM CAI, ADM L99-LS3 Conversion, ADM LSA Supercharger Kit, Lingenfelter GT9 Cam, Stainless Power Headers, Detroit Speed Sway Bars, ZL1 Fuel Pump

581 rwhp/535 lb/ft tq
wullger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 09:14 PM   #31
mfr1950

Drives: 2011 challengerR/T , 2010 Ram R/T
Every time I go to the Dog and Suds drive in I get looks ,thumbs up, cell phone pictures,
giggling car hops, comments over the intercom from the order taker, "that's the best ride I've seen all day" I never got this driving a PT cruiser or an HHR.... I sure hope this lasts a few more months!!!!
mfr1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 09:23 PM   #32
camaro67
Account Suspended

Drives: marina blue 67
nothing going on here just normalevery where i go .its not a beast noi dont feel like a rock star. its just a damn car.
camaro67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 09:33 PM   #33
hollywoodjose

Drives: 2010 Black 1LT
I got mine on may 13 and every place i went people were taking pics with their cell phones and at school everyone was like who's car is that. And i've had people start asking me stuff at traffic lights. It was crazy the first month. One thing that really kinda cracked me up was a guy in a newer mustang was leaving the gas station and pulled over by my car and was just lookin it over and then whipped out his camera phone and snapped a pic. I thought that was pretty awesome. Alot of people still arent sure what it is heh they stare but dont really know what to say. The next morning when i got it I went to my work to get stuff out of my other car cause i had school that day and alot of people from work saw it and started asking my dad and my sister all about it and i hadnt even told em yet heh. I thought that was funny too
hollywoodjose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 09:57 PM   #34
"prima"Donna
HWAY STR

Drives: 2010 RJT VIN#7085 & 2014 CRT C7
Quote:
Originally Posted by wullger View Post
Hey donna, name this expression!:

Been a member of the 'perma-grin' club for about two weeks now
I am now a 3month member of the "PERMAGRIN club" and proud of it...
Old 09-03-2009, 10:04 PM   #35
"prima"Donna
HWAY STR

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro67 View Post
nothing going on here just normalevery where i go .its not a beast noi dont feel like a rock star. its just a damn car.
"just a car"???...

huh????..."blasphemy" ...lol...

I hope you are just kidding......
"prima"Donna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 10:37 PM   #36
Dynabyte

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS/NPP Red Hot
Sometimes things happen in life that make you ponder. I, like certainly some others on this forum, have been impacted by the credit bubble at large. I’ve read a lot, and some USA critics think that all we can produce is MTV and burgers. They say that we don’t manufacture products that other countries want – this is certainly true depending on what lens you look through.

My first Camaro was an 89 IROC, with the 5.7 TPI engine. It was low, wide, black with red pinstripes and had attitude to spare. When I traded in the 3rd gen for my 4th gen Z28, I will never forget my girlfriend’s nephew demanding I take him for a ride in the Batmobile.

The 2010 Camaro is absolutely the rock-star that everyone says it is. In 2 months, I’ve had my share of folks who follow, chase, stare, question, reminisce, and celebrate. In a time where good news is not very common, this car shows the world that although we’re a little hung-over, we will shake it off and rise to the occasion!

I’m writing this because of a stranger who pulled up next to me recently on the way home. He was an older fellow, looked to be American to the bone with the wear marks to prove it. He stopped behind me, moved up, stopped, and stared. He gave me thumbs up and had a smile from ear to ear. If I wasn’t mistaken, he had a tear of joy.

I’m so glad that Chevrolet took a chance – this car is the right car at the right time and lets everyone know that America is still cool and can produce great products. And it doesn’t matter if you happen to own one or not – the effect is universal. The car is the star

Last edited by Dynabyte; 09-03-2009 at 10:50 PM.
Dynabyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 10:47 PM   #37
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Drives: 2017 ZL1 NGM A10
So a couple of funny stories related to this. I was out in the car today at lunch and stopped in a parking lot to run into a store. I come out and there is a husband and wife walking all around the car looking at it and saying what a nice looking car it was. I walked up to the car and they said "Is this your car?" I said yes. They said this is AWESOME! We talk for a little bit and I run to my next stop. When I come out of there, there is a family which included husband, wife and a few boys. They were basically surrounding the car while pointing and talking about the car. I just stood and watched for a minute.

So that was cool, but the highlight of the trip was when I pulled up to a stoplight and saw a 1969 Camaro at the front of the line. It was Red with White stripes, just like mine. I just about pushed two cars out of the road so I could get behind it. We cruised around together for a little while and then both had to go our ways. It was pretty cool. Here's a picture I took. I know this last part is a little off topic from the original post, but it was just too cool not to share.

Name:  Father and Son.jpg
Views: 368
Size:  66.6 KB
Inspector 17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 11:15 PM   #38
songsj

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS Summit White
You guys probably won't believe this but I used to get the same reaction with my 4th gen. when it was new. Especially on a warm summer day with the t-tops off.
songsj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 11:52 PM   #39
cKerensky

Drives: 2010 RJT 1LT Camaro!
When I took my car out from the dealership for a drive before they did their "dealer thing" (fresh off the truck), in the short 5 minutes I drove it, I got a lot of looks, it was great! I don't even OWN the car yet (tuesday now...tuesday), and I was getting looks! When I parked it in the dealership, a couple of people walked over and started looking at it.

Zero doubt in my mind that I made the right decision!
cKerensky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 11:57 PM   #40
"prima"Donna
HWAY STR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynabyte View Post
Sometimes things happen in life that make you ponder. I, like certainly some others on this forum, have been impacted by the credit bubble at large. I’ve read a lot, and some USA critics think that all we can produce is MTV and burgers. They say that we don’t manufacture products that other countries want – this is certainly true depending on what lens you look through.

My first Camaro was an 89 IROC, with the 5.7 TPI engine. It was low, wide, black with red pinstripes and had attitude to spare. When I traded in the 3rd gen for my 4th gen Z28, I will never forget my girlfriend’s nephew demanding I take him for a ride in the Batmobile.

The 2010 Camaro is absolutely the rock-star that everyone says it is. In 2 months, I’ve had my share of folks who follow, chase, stare, question, reminisce, and celebrate. In a time where good news is not very common, this car shows the world that although we’re a little hung-over, we will shake it off and rise to the occasion!

I’m writing this because of a stranger who pulled up next to me recently on the way home. He was an older fellow, looked to be American to the bone with the wear marks to prove it. He stopped behind me, moved up, stopped, and stared. He gave me thumbs up and had a smile from ear to ear. If I wasn’t mistaken, he had a tear of joy.

I’m so glad that Chevrolet took a chance – this car is the right car at the right time and lets everyone know that America is still cool and can produce great products. And it doesn’t matter if you happen to own one or not – the effect is universal. The car is the star
Couldn't have said it better myself..."THE CAR IS THE STAR!!!...
How true...
Old 09-04-2009, 12:00 AM   #41
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
I met up with Jayson71 and his fam for dinner the other night...
Him and his wife are telling me stories about people asking questions and doing funny things etc... anyway he takes me for a spin and on the way back to drop me off I hear this lady screaming "THAT CAR!! I WANT THAT CAR!!!" as I look to my right I see this lady in the bar falling off of her bar stool to point at his Camaro. LMAO!!! good times!
Old 09-04-2009, 12:01 AM   #42
"prima"Donna
HWAY STR

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaropete View Post
So a couple of funny stories related to this. I was out in the car today at lunch and stopped in a parking lot to run into a store. I come out and there is a husband and wife walking all around the car looking at it and saying what a nice looking car it was. I walked up to the car and they said "Is this your car?" I said yes. They said this is AWESOME! We talk for a little bit and I run to my next stop. When I come out of there, there is a family which included husband, wife and a few boys. They were basically surrounding the car while pointing and talking about the car. I just stood and watched for a minute.

So that was cool, but the highlight of the trip was when I pulled up to a stoplight and saw a 1969 Camaro at the front of the line. It was Red with White stripes, just like mine. I just about pushed two cars out of the road so I could get behind it. We cruised around together for a little while and then both had to go our ways. It was pretty cool. Here's a picture I took. I know this last part is a little off topic from the original post, but it was just too cool not to share.

Attachment 51535
WOW, what a picture..."it just doesn't get any better than your photo of 2 American icons....

"the old and the new" in the same color combo...

Thanks for sharing!!!...