Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 11-27-2020, 10:33 PM   #15
Ravioli SS

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by VR Baron View Post
Who knows. Did he have a ss? If so shouldn’t have had clearance issues with Brembo calipers. Unless the spoke design, and even the wheel design was not made for our cars.
Yes but his was a 12convertible and mine is a 11coupe of that matters
Ravioli SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 10:52 PM   #16
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2021 Shadow Grey Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravioli SS View Post
Yes but his was a 12convertible and mine is a 11coupe of that matters
Don’t know. At this point you have a lot of unknowns. Sounds like to me he had no clue what he was buying as to wheel size or fitment, or didn’t bother to find out, and had to use spacer and hubcentric spacer together?? Not sure I understand that correctly from what you wrote
VR Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 11:21 PM   #17
Ravioli SS

Quote:
Don’t know. At this point you have a lot of unknowns. Sounds like to me he had no clue what he was buying as to wheel size or fitment, or didn’t bother to find out, and had to use spacer and hubcentric spacer together?? Not sure I understand that correctly from what you wrote
I agree. I think I’ll test fit again tomorrow and see what I’m dealing with exactly. He used both the spacers and hub centric spacer together and truthfully I was on the fence about buying them when I did.. I had just curbed one of the oem wheels and saw these for sale and liked them but it was sort of impulsive.

Just out of curiosity of these don’t end up working out will the 265/35
and 295/35 Nittos fit the stock wheels?
Old 11-28-2020, 12:31 AM   #18
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Quote:
I agree. I think I’ll test fit again tomorrow and see what I’m dealing with exactly. He used both the spacers and hub centric spacer together and truthfully I was on the fence about buying them when I did.. I had just curbed one of the oem wheels and saw these for sale and liked them but it was sort of impulsive.

Just out of curiosity of these don’t end up working out will the 265/35
and 295/35 Nittos fit the stock wheels?
Yeah very odd he used both. Hubcentric are fine I hear but don’t know much about them. But they shouldn’t have the wheel stud issue I mentioned as they bolt to the hub studs, and the studs the spacer comes with mount to the wheel.
But read up on them to be sure.

265 will be to big for 8” stock rim, same with 295s. 295 needs a 10” minimum wheel width. Tire rack site will have all the info on sizes and wheels you will need
Old 11-28-2020, 05:10 AM   #19
Ravioli SS

Quote:
Yeah very odd he used both. Hubcentric are fine I hear but don’t know much about them. But they shouldn’t have the wheel stud issue I mentioned as they bolt to the hub studs, and the studs the spacer comes with mount to the wheel.

265 will be to big for 8” stock rim, same with 295s. 295 needs a 10” minimum wheel width. Tire rack site will have all the info on sizes and wheels you will need
Thank you sir! I think first things first I’ll verify what exactly is going on with the wheels and see where I end up.
Old 11-28-2020, 05:47 AM   #20
Ravioli SS

Quote:

I just re read this thread and realized I have provided a wrong bit of info. The spacers that he was using are 1/4” and they are a disc with the lug pattern drilled out to fit the stock hub (hub centric). The other thing that was provided was a plate to fit to remove any slack from the lugnuts
Old 11-28-2020, 09:03 AM   #21
Ravioli SS

It does it fact rub without the hubcentric spacers so now my options are longer wheel studs or keep the stock wheels and buy new ties since the nittos will not safely fit
Old 11-28-2020, 03:34 PM   #22
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Quote:
I just re read this thread and realized I have provided a wrong bit of info. The spacers that he was using are 1/4” and they are a disc with the lug pattern drilled out to fit the stock hub (hub centric). The other thing that was provided was a plate to fit to remove any slack from the lugnuts
Yep. Need longer studs or stock , or different wheels to fit properly and so you can use the tires. You can use stock rear 20x9s all around and stock rear 275/49/20 tires as a option. Fits and better handling and less under steer with square tire setup.
1/4” spacer is not safe. Not enough threads left for lug nuts . No idea what that other plate is. Whole thing sounds like a half assed unsafe setup not meant for our cars.
Old 11-28-2020, 04:07 PM   #23
Ravioli SS

Quote:
Yep. Need longer studs or stock , or different wheels to fit properly and so you can use the tires. You can use stock rear 20x9s all around and stock rear 275/49/20 tires as a option. Fits and better handling and less under steer with square tire setup.
1/4” spacer is not safe. Not enough threads left for lug nuts . No idea what that other plate is. Whole thing sounds like a half assed unsafe setup not meant for our cars.
I think he spent a lot of money realizing what we came to the conclusion of in 24 hours. Instead of cutting his losses decided to just make it work. Thank you for all of your help!!!!
Old 11-28-2020, 08:04 PM   #24
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Quote:
I think he spent a lot of money realizing what we came to the conclusion of in 24 hours. Instead of cutting his losses decided to just make it work. Thank you for all of your help!!!!
👍