Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Texas

Old 08-27-2010, 05:50 PM   #1
kbui

Drives: 85 Vette, 07 Escalade ESV, 03 GMC,
Any members from this group?

Did anyone saw the video of George W. welcoming back the troops? I figure I post it here in the subgroup since I know there are a number of members here in Texas who have served and or are serving. A video of a true great American and his love and respect for his country and soldiers....God bless W and Laura!

ADM Performance installed and tuned: Maggie, Stainless Works Power LTs, ADM race cai, ADM ZL1 scoop
Whiteside Customs Super Street 2 Package w/ coilovers
BC Racing Coilovers and lowered, Whiteline Bushings & Swaybars
MBRP catback exhaust, ZL1 bumper conversion, Drake billet shifter, Hurst paddles, NLP rear spoiler, OEM GFX, Vis Racing hood, ASA GT5 wheels
kbui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 08:52 AM   #2
usa1camaro1969
Back on the dino-juice

Drives: '10 LS + a few more
Hadn't seen the video but my parents sent a group of pics and write-up. As a soldier and recent retiree I appreciated and respected him. He's got a lot of class and I wish he would've left the instruction manual.
How many vacations has our current one taken this summer? We could all be so lucky.
usa1camaro1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 09:46 AM   #3
Melson

Drives: Wild Cherry
I think it is 7 and counting.........

2010 RJT 2SS/RS L99 CAMARO
ARH 1 7/8" LT HEADERS W/ HF CATS
MAGNAFLOW 3" COMP EXHAUST
ADM PERFORMANCE CAI
ADM PERFORMANCE CUSTOM TUNE
ADM PERFORMANCE PORTED THROTTLE BODY
ADM PERFORMANCE TRANS COOLER
3.45 GEARS
BMR TRAILING ARMS
Melson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 12:55 AM   #4
wbt
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Challenger R/T;2011 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbui View Post
Did anyone saw the video of George W. welcoming back the troops? I figure I post it here in the subgroup since I know there are a number of members here in Texas who have served and or are serving. A video of a true great American and his love and respect for his country and soldiers....God bless W and Laura!

I read about this in the news. I agree very respectful and very much respected. You will not find the president before or after him do anything like this.

As a 3rd generation vet, it is discerning to see how our men and women in uniform are perceived/taken for granted under the current Commander in Chief. I look forward to change in 2012.
wbt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 03:16 AM   #5
mastertypodemon
Late Night Crew

Drives: 2010 SIM 1LT
According to CBS :

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBS
According to CBS News White House Correspondent Mark Knoller, today's trip marks Mr. Bush's 149th visit to the presidential retreat. The planned three-day stay, during which the president is being joined by family and former and current aides, will bring his total time spent at Camp David to all or part of 487 days.

Yes, that's 487 days. And Camp David is not even where the president has spent the most time when not at the White House: Knoller reports that Mr. Bush has made 77 visits to his ranch in Crawford during his presidency, and spent all or part of 490 days there.
Taken from this article written just before he left office.
mastertypodemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 03:28 AM   #6
wbt
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Challenger R/T;2011 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastertypodemon View Post
According to CBS :

Taken from this article written just before he left office.
Not to turn this into a political thread/debate as that is not allowed on the forums however have you considered that Camp David is an extension of the WH and he was doing work? Same thing in Crawford....recall the heads of state he hosted there?

You can choose to make your own decisions/conclusions....

BTW - do you recall what Clinton was doing in the WH?...setting the example for our youth?
wbt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 04:42 AM   #7
mastertypodemon
Late Night Crew

Drives: 2010 SIM 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by wbt View Post
BTW - do you recall what Clinton was doing in the WH?...setting the example for our youth?
Well he was working with tutoring the interns, if you know what I mean.
mastertypodemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 05:00 AM   #8
CamaroMiami

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS LS3, 92 Camaro RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by usa1camaro1969 View Post
He's got a lot of class and I wish he would've left the instruction manual.

I'm glad he didn't. The one he was using needed proof reading.
CamaroMiami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 03:10 PM   #9
kbui

Drives: 85 Vette, 07 Escalade ESV, 03 GMC,
Please! Didn't intend to post this as a political debate. Hate him or disagree with him as much as you want, the simple fact is W. didn't need to do this. He is not running for anything and has been very quite since he left office, but the fact is he came out to greet the guys/gals coming home AND that speaks volume. Even if I was too disagree with him 100% of the time (I am not), I have total respect for a man that is willing to do this for the people that put it on the line everything time they packed up and gone to war. It was a simple act even for a common person like myself, but I was moved.

Back to the original question, did any of the guys/gals who came back recently are on here?

ADM Performance installed and tuned: Maggie, Stainless Works Power LTs, ADM race cai, ADM ZL1 scoop
Whiteside Customs Super Street 2 Package w/ coilovers
BC Racing Coilovers and lowered, Whiteline Bushings & Swaybars
MBRP catback exhaust, ZL1 bumper conversion, Drake billet shifter, Hurst paddles, NLP rear spoiler, OEM GFX, Vis Racing hood, ASA GT5 wheels
kbui is offline   Reply With Quote