Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 04-01-2013, 01:05 PM   #1
armed

Drives: 2011 camaro
Thoughts about buying a h2

So I have family visiting me from overseas. The plan is to do some fun road trips. Ive had an escalade ESV before so I am not going that route. I came across a pretty nice deal. 04 H2 with 112,000 miles for 11,000.

The car is one owner, well maintained. Clean title, Clean car fax.Comes with 22" XD's on Terras. Has NAV/DVD/Camera and 2 15" JBL's in great shape.

I am looking for something I can mess around with (cosmetically/exterior), possibly put on a flat chocolate brown wrap etc. What are your thoughts about a H2. Any and all advice is greatly appreciated.

Quote:
armed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 02:00 PM   #2
LuSe4

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS LS3
I love H2's. My only concern is that some tree hugger might damage it. It is the poster child for pollution for some reason when Tahoes and Suburbans are overlooked.
Anyways, back on topic, that seems like a good deal if it is in nice shape!
Old 04-01-2013, 02:48 PM   #3
sspolo

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS 1LE
I've been looking at cars for a while and I don't know how some people manage to find such great deals!

An H2 at that price is really good I think. As far as I have read on them they are great, the only ones you should stay away from are the 06-07 H3 or the under powered 5 cylinder H3.

As far as H2, they are great. I've read that they share many parts with other GM vehicles so parts shouldn't be hard to find.

Although, as it was stated above, I have also seen a few videos and post about owners of Hummers finding their Hummers damaged, and most of the time its probably because of tree huggers. Its a bad ass truck though! So good luck.
sspolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 02:58 PM   #4
awfarley

Drives: 2011 5.7L Tundra Double-Cab X-SP
I like some of them. This one needs a bigger tirewall for those rims IMO, but take it for what it is. If you're looking for something to tinker with the H2's can be a big attention grabber.

I wouldn't personally buy one though. I have never really liked the style. I have seen some really cool looking ones though.
awfarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 04:45 PM   #5
armed

Drives: 2011 camaro
Thank you guys. ... yep thinkin of pulling the trigger in Thursday, will keep u posted.
armed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 04:26 PM   #6
intofx

Drives: 2011 RS/SS Camaro
That's a SMOKING deal. I have an '07 SUT and it has been one of my favorite vehicles. It's a ton of fun off road, too. Good luck. At that price, I'd buy it in a heartbeat!
intofx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 04:51 PM   #7
CFD

Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
I've owned two H2's and loved them both. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another one if it fit my needs again.
CFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 05:46 PM   #8
rsflyer

Drives: 2010 VR 2LT/RS A6
Lightbulb A...

...flat brown wrap is going to be pricey. The fuel "economy" is going to be unsettling at best...

And then there are the pesky tree huggers previously mentioned which yearn to destroy Hummers.

Why not opt for a Volvo wagon (AWD) (three rows of seats) or an Audi Allroad (AWD) with the 4.2 V8?

IMHO, they would cost you much less in initial outlay as well as in gasoline cost.

In the end it is how you perceive things. If you do get the Hummer... enjoy .