Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 08-04-2017, 01:04 PM   #29
Livernois Motorsports

Drives: 2010 Camaro 454 LSX (SOLD)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrimpala02 View Post
Actually, Ligenfelter numbers are BHP which is crank. Livernois just show a 165 hp increase, but doesn't state whether its rear wheel or BHP. If it is BHP then 426hp(stock) + 165 = 591 BHP.
To clarify, the package name is the Crank HP rating, and the gains listed are at the tire. Why you ask? Because the HP being the name is easy for someone to understand, yet while giving them their dyno sheet showing 165hp improvement instead of 200hp is a very long conversation to have. So, we felt speaking in gains is better done at the tire, and speaking about total power is better done at the crank.
Livernois Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 03:00 PM   #30
mrimpala02

Drives: Black 2SS RS w/White Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livernois Motorsports View Post
To clarify, the package name is the Crank HP rating, and the gains listed are at the tire. Why you ask? Because the HP being the name is easy for someone to understand, yet while giving them their dyno sheet showing 165hp improvement instead of 200hp is a very long conversation to have. So, we felt speaking in gains is better done at the tire, and speaking about total power is better done at the crank.
I agree with your thinking 100%. I just wanted the guy to be sure to clarify what figures he was comparing (Apple's to Apple's). I'm an engineer so I always look for units with figures. The paste above didn't show units and even if it did your numbers would be higher than the ones posted by lingenfelter one way or the other.
Pat G Custom Turbo CamMotion Camshaft | AGP TT BB Garrett 62/65's | AGP/Fore Triple Pumps | ID1700X Injectors | Alky Control Twin Nozzle Meth | Custom 3" Exhaust | 3.27 gear set w/ Tru Trac | McLeod Twin RXT | Barton Short Throw Shifter | 6th Gen ZL1 Wheels | BMR 1.4" drop springs | Pfadt rear trailing arms & tie rods |

Installed by Me & Tuned by Pat G
mrimpala02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 03:13 PM   #31
parkerjk628

Drives: 2015 Ashen Gray Metallic 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livernois Motorsports View Post

Thanks for the clarification, Livernois! That is what I had assumed, but was not 100% sure so thank you. I actually just emailed the rep that I have been talking to over the last week or so about getting a solid quote, so I hope to hear back from him soon!
parkerjk628 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 03:30 PM   #32
EV1L SS

Drives: 2010 ss , cam, magnacharger , etc
If it was my car it wouldn't even be a question , I would go to lingenfelter . The name , the reputation , and the results speak for themselves. Everything I've bought from lingenfelter is top quality and any time I spoke to a lingenfelter tech they gave me direct accurate answers. Also I'm pretty sure lingenfelter uses a mustang dyno which is a plus in my mind ... Idk why but I always associate livernois with mustangs.
EV1L SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 03:42 PM   #33
parkerjk628

Drives: 2015 Ashen Gray Metallic 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha x detailing View Post
If it was my car it wouldn't even be a question , I would go to lingenfelter . The name , the reputation , and the results speak for themselves. Everything I've bought from lingenfelter is top quality and any time I spoke to a lingenfelter tech they gave me direct accurate answers. Also I'm pretty sure lingenfelter uses a mustang dyno which is a plus in my mind ... Idk why but I always associate livernois with mustangs.
Lingenfelter does seem to be the most recommended, by far, throughout this thread. Honestly, Livernois has had much better, quicker communication with me since I started researching both companies.

Yes, I know that Lingenfelter's name carries more weight, which also comes at a $$ premium. Since I don't have final, solid quotes just yet from either place, I'll wait to see just how big or small the difference might be. Based on my ultimate goals and desire to maintain good drivability, both recommended the Maggie.
parkerjk628 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 07:02 PM   #34
Unavowed

Drives: Twin turbo G8 GXP
http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...lt-1-road-test

Where are the Livernois articles from 1992?
Old 08-04-2017, 07:07 PM   #35
QUICRNU

Drives: Z06 wannabe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unavowed View Post
http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...lt-1-road-test

Where are the Livernois articles from 1992?
Im not following the logic here?
Old 08-04-2017, 07:43 PM   #36
Livernois Motorsports

Drives: 2010 Camaro 454 LSX (SOLD)
Quote:
Originally Posted by QUICRNU View Post
Im not following the logic here?
Nor us. The Livernois name is approaching 70 years long in the automotive world.
Livernois Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 06:47 AM   #37
Dega Man

Drives: ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha x detailing View Post
Dude first I am not knocking Lingenfelter or anyone else, however I have several cars around me from both shops that I can put hands on, not going by some hearsay from someone else. I personally have sent 4 cars to Livernois plus purchased a top notch race engine from them, everything flawless and getting ready to send two more cars too them. The quality, name and reputation of Livernois is second to none whatsoever. They are turning out faster cars that are reliable and again second to none. Again this is not hearsay, I am witnessing this first hand. I have a very close friend who have 3 cars from Ligenfelter as well and they are very nicely done up as well but nothing whatsoever to exceed Livernois and apples to apples when we all go out and play the Livernois cars are the faster. Their facility is top notch as well. Again these are facts not hearsay.
Dega Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 10:16 AM   #38
Little Walter

Drives: ZL1
Great testimony! You are correct about all the hearsays. Thanks for posting some true facts and I have witness many of the same outcomes during many street races down here.
Little Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 05:38 PM   #39
meadowz06

Drives: none
Lingenfelter all day long! Had 3 LPE Corvette's. Not ONE problem!
Old 08-05-2017, 10:28 PM   #40
EV1L SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dega Man View Post
Dude first I am not knocking Lingenfelter or anyone else, however I have several cars around me from both shops that I can put hands on, not going by some hearsay from someone else. I personally have sent 4 cars to Livernois plus purchased a top notch race engine from them, everything flawless and getting ready to send two more cars too them. The quality, name and reputation of Livernois is second to none whatsoever. They are turning out faster cars that are reliable and again second to none. Again this is not hearsay, I am witnessing this first hand. I have a very close friend who have 3 cars from Ligenfelter as well and they are very nicely done up as well but nothing whatsoever to exceed Livernois and apples to apples when we all go out and play the Livernois cars are the faster. Their facility is top notch as well. Again these are facts not hearsay.
I've had a long block from livernois in an 03 whipple cobra and a short block from them in an 03 twin 64 Mach 1 I built. Before this camaro I had a c6 z06 that I did lingenfelter head / cam package and it ripped . I do have experience with both companies . If I had a mustang I would choose livernois over mmr and for the lsx platform I would chose lingenfelter over livernois and pretty much everyone else. Every product right down to there two step I think is awesome and top notch, look at the short blocks they sell , Callie's dragon slayer cranks, Oliver rods, Je pistons . Awesome... I truely feel the r&d they do is second to none Also. As far as saying livernois has faster cars than lingenfelter ?? Doesn't make to much sense , that's a very broad statement that has a tremendous amount of variables such as vehicle platforms and the set ups of each car. It's not like your stating a livernois cam with xyz profile makes more power than the equivalent lingenfelter cam in the same engine with same mods..... So again if it was my money lingenfelter would be getting it.
Old 08-05-2017, 10:30 PM   #41
EV1L SS

Also those lingenfelter valve covers next to a Maggy just look sexy , reason enough to go with lingenfelter lol
Old 08-06-2017, 12:08 AM   #42
Blue70SS

Drives: 10 LS3 2SSRS IOM,21 ZLE Wild Cherry
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggFoot View Post
Yeah right Ray!
Squash twins,GT9,Coil Covers,Mats,Pedals/ADM Gauges,Race Scoop/Trunions
DDS CVs,Carbon F DS/RPM L6/LPE 9.5 3.73/Pedders HD bushes,align kit
RB 2-piece rotors,S/S Lines,Hawk HPE Pads/Forgeline SP3P/Weld RTS
Ceramic ARH 2" LT/3" X-pipe,Corsa Touring/BMR TA,Toe,LCA,DS Loop
StreetSlayer BC3/MTI Shifter-Trans mt/Hotchkis CB/Monster CC/SJM LineLock