Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 12-24-2012, 06:47 AM   #29
DrSkull

Drives: 13 Challenger RT & 89 GTA TA
Looks awesome !! infact your whole car looks sweet , nice job !
DrSkull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 03:59 PM   #30
Jcm

Drives: 2011 ss
The panel is the one beside the seat, under the side glass,by folding the seat down you can see were it starts, pull it inward there.It will snap out enough to reach the connectors...christok that's a plus for this spoiler you can see the rear of the car,aids in backing,can barely see it. But like I said before those outside nuts are very hard to reach, I had to lay in the trunk and start the nuts with my two fingers backhanded, with only about a two inch space to get your hand in..Took at least two hours.Just for those nuts..so if you guys want the gm dove tail I'd take the covers off the corner inside the trunk and see what I'm talking about first,, I do like it but considering the difficulty I would not recommend it.. Mine did come with a plastic template..

Last edited by Jcm; 12-24-2012 at 04:19 PM.
Jcm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 10:40 PM   #31
Steve RS/SS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSkull View Post
Looks awesome !! infact your whole car looks sweet , nice job !

Thanks I appreciate it
Old 12-24-2012, 10:42 PM   #32
Steve RS/SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcm View Post
The panel is the one beside the seat, under the side glass,by folding the seat down you can see were it starts, pull it inward there.It will snap out enough to reach the connectors...christok that's a plus for this spoiler you can see the rear of the car,aids in backing,can barely see it. But like I said before those outside nuts are very hard to reach, I had to lay in the trunk and start the nuts with my two fingers backhanded, with only about a two inch space to get your hand in..Took at least two hours.Just for those nuts..so if you guys want the gm dove tail I'd take the covers off the corner inside the trunk and see what I'm talking about first,, I do like it but considering the difficulty I would not recommend it.. Mine did come with a plastic template..

ok great I think I have it now. I appreciate the help...and I agree the worst part of the entire job was being able to get a wrench on the nuts.
Old 12-25-2012, 07:21 AM   #33
67motorcat
Blown Cool Breeze

Drives: 2011 Black on Black 2SS M6
Here is a trick that works every time to get nuts started where you have to use your finger tips in a tight space.

Rub Automotive weather strip adhesive on your finger tips and let it dry for 5 minutes.The nut will stick yet allow it to release for the next rotation.

Alternately,and what I did yesterday installing my blade spoiler,is use masking tape to hold the nut onto the 10mm socket.Then wrap some more tape around the universal joint to stiffen it up and then tape the universal to your 12" to 16" long 1/4" drive extension.

Without the Ratchet hooked up,feed it in there with one hand to start the nut and leave it in place.Carefully hook up the ratchet and tighten away.

I had those outer pieces of the blade spoiler installed in about 5 minutes per side.
67motorcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 10:59 AM   #34
Jcm

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67motorcat View Post
Here is a trick that works every time to get nuts started where you have to use your finger tips in a tight space.

Rub Automotive weather strip adhesive on your finger tips and let it dry for 5 minutes.The nut will stick yet allow it to release for the next rotation.

Alternately,and what I did yesterday installing my blade spoiler,is use masking tape to hold the nut onto the 10mm socket.Then wrap some more tape around the universal joint to stiffen it up and then tape the universal to your 12" to 16" long 1/4" drive extension.

Without the Ratchet hooked up,feed it in there with one hand to start the nut and leave it in place.Carefully hook up the ratchet and tighten away.

I had those outer pieces of the blade spoiler installed in about 5 minutes per side.
That is awesome tricks anyone wanting this spoiler
Old 12-26-2012, 11:40 AM   #35
Christok

Drives: 2011 v6 auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by VR Baron View Post
None really. When looking out the back window you just see the top 1/2" or so. I liked it also as it was color matched from the factory so no paint issues. Maureen at Rogers Chevy has the best prices to, but ask for her in parts if you go that way.
thanks got a pm out to Mauren already but since I am in Canada the shipping could be a bit of a problem. With repect to starting nuts there are now some small finger gloves - glove that covers only the finger that are magnetic made specifically for the purpose of starting nuts in tight places however the adhesive trick mentionned also looks like a good idea.
Old 12-26-2012, 04:50 PM   #36
Jerry7297

Drives: 2018 2SS/ 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve RS/SS View Post
Gm I bought it from Rodgers Chevrolet. Great price
What was the price and part number. I have been back and forth on this spoiler. But I have also heard certain dove tails on 2010 models will not cover up your factory spoiler holes and my 2ss/rs has a factory spoiler.
Jerry7297 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 03:44 PM   #37
Jcm

Here are pictures of mine.
Attached Images

Old 12-27-2012, 05:50 PM   #38
Steve RS/SS

That looks really good
Old 12-27-2012, 05:53 PM   #39
Steve RS/SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry7297 View Post
What was the price and part number. I have been back and forth on this spoiler. But I have also heard certain dove tails on 2010 models will not cover up your factory spoiler holes and my 2ss/rs has a factory spoiler.

this one uses the existing holes from the factory spoiler and a template is supplied to drill the holes for the end pieces. Maureen at rodgers Chevrolet will answer any questions you have, I pm'd back and forth because I was on the fence also. I am glad I did it
Old 01-01-2013, 09:04 PM   #40
RatedZ

Drives: Camaro SS
I just picked up a 2013 SS that had the Blade Spoiler installed at delivery and it has no stripes. I would like to know if anyone has any info on where to get stripes (black) like the OP did on his? TIA.

-robert.
RatedZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 01:51 PM   #41
BTRSS

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Supercharged
Looks very nice, good job. I'm currious. Is that spoiler the GM PN 92234289? I'm asking as I just bought an aftermarket spoiler that doesn't fit (in fact my body shop said the quality was awful) and am fighting with the company that sold it to me to take it back. I went to my Chevy dealer and they GM makes a direct replacement spoiler that'll fit perfectly and it looks like yours (I also saw it installed on a 2012 Camaro on the lot).
BTRSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:04 PM   #42
Jcm

That's what's on my car,, above.. Center spoiler uses factory ss holes, side spoilers holes have to be drilled...