Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-08-2013, 11:04 PM   #29
DaFisch
Master Amateur Mechanic

Drives: Victory Red 2011 2SS/RS
Aroundme they have supercharged dodge chargers that run 650 horsepower.. Thats suburban chicago, thanks.
DaFisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 11:12 PM   #30
Rock on

Drives: black 2011 2ss
Traffic tickets are all a money game I would rather see a flashy patrol car than some SUV with tinted windows that you cant tell is a cop
Old 06-08-2013, 11:23 PM   #31
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebeastsrt View Post
And the only purpose of traffic enforcement is revenue for the state. Every wonder why you cant find out how much the state of New Jersey rakes in a year in traffic violations? There goes my tax dollars paying for Sports cars for the police to look cool in. Maybe we can get them Corvettes next year!The Vettes would be just as useful as Camaros for law enforcement.And while I'm on a rant. Why are they driving around in Tahoes that get 12 miles to the gallon? where's the fiscal common sense?
Maybe if they didn't have the revenue from traffic enforcement your Taxes would be twice as high, so instead of the lawbreakers paying for part of the states revenue then everyone would be.
Hint, don't break traffic laws and you won't contribute to the states revenue more than your tax dollars.
Old 06-08-2013, 11:33 PM   #32
moserbe

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
They also have Corvettes.
Old 06-08-2013, 11:35 PM   #33
BigBlock69RS
Ed

Drives: 2013 AGM Camaro 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
The only purpose for unmarked patrol cars are for traffic enforcement.
You obviously have never heard of stake-outs or obvserving criminals before a bust.

The primary use of unmarked cars is for detectives finding crime, not catching small time traffic violators.
Old 06-08-2013, 11:35 PM   #34
YellowL99

Drives: 2014 Yellow L99
asked my brother and his partner regarding this and they said theyve never seen this before, theyre actually gonna find out for me since im dying to see it in person haha
YellowL99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 11:55 PM   #35
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Those that cry that traffic enforcement is only for revenue are probably the ones that want to do 20 or more over the limit and not be caught, or have been caught by one....
Old 06-09-2013, 12:04 AM   #36
camaro2lt

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT VR/RS CGM Rally's
nj tax dollars hard at work lol
camaro2lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 05:21 AM   #37
benji1997

Drives: 2013 IOM 2LT/RS M6
Send a message via Skype™ to benji1997
http://policecarwebsite.net/fc/cof/mass.htm The various vehicles used by the Mass. State Police. There a few Corvettes and Mustangs but no Camaros.
Old 06-09-2013, 06:26 AM   #38
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
If no one broke traffic laws. Do you think violent crime would go down? Do you think the state police would be out there cruising around in their Camaro catching more bad guys? Think real hard before you answer. There is no money to be made in catching a rapist or a theif.
The truth is people break traffic laws because they know 99% of the time they get away with it. When they get caught they bitch and moan about cops need to be out "Fighting real crime" or they only stopped me because they "need the money".

By the way how many "real criminals" have you read about the police catch every day because of a routine traffic stop? It happens all the time. If they were not out stopping people for traffic violations then these bad guys would still be out there committing more crimes.

Last edited by Angrybird 12; 06-09-2013 at 07:08 AM.
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 09:11 AM   #39
Scooter11

Drives: 2013 SW 2LS
Quote:
The truth is people break traffic laws because they know 99% of the time they get away with it. When they get caught they bitch and moan about cops need to be out "Fighting real crime" or they only stopped me because they "need the money".

By the way how many "real criminals" have you read about the police catch every day because of a routine traffic stop? It happens all the time. If they were not out stopping people for traffic violations then these bad guys would still be out there committing more crimes.
Ever watch some of those wildest pursuit shows? Must be 75% are pulled for a routine stop like a broken taillight or doing 5 over. Then they take off, and get busted for a homicide they committed days ago
Scooter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 09:17 AM   #40
SSinisterLS3

Drives: 07 C6 LS2
Quote:
Originally Posted by SemperGumby View Post
Wow, would be great if they'd spend some money on, I dunno, stopping real crime.
I hear that one all the time. Where do you run into drug loads? Murderers with warrants from another state? People who just robbed a bank? TRAFFIC STOPS! Think about it. You really think drug dealers are walking it down the freeway? Nope. I'm not a doctor. SO, I don't tell someone what medication to take. See what I'm getting at?

Since stepping up the traffic enforcement in the Rio Grande Valley in Texas, the Texas DPS has popped so many drug loads, the cartels are threatening to make "fake loads" laced with chemical agents for the cops to be killed with. All of this stemmed from 1. Changes in traffic laws to keep the criminals out of the loop on current laws. 2. Enforcement of those traffic laws with a zero tollerance. Traffic is the most important job a police officer does. Also, the most dangerous.

Quote:
If no one broke traffic laws. Do you think violent crime would go down? Do you think the state police would be out there cruising around in their Camaro catching more bad guys? Think real hard before you answer. There is no money to be made in catching a rapist or a theif.
You are in fantasy land. That won't happen. The same thing I tell people all the time, I will tell you right now. I have the most pointless job in the world. I am a cop, and there shouldn't be any. Grown people shouldn't need someone to tell them, hey, you are mis behaving. Stop it, or I'll slap your hand. If everyone wanted cops gone, then STOP BREAKING THE LAW! We would all get terminated. Then, you could do whatever you want for about a year until we get hired back.

No money in a rapist? HA! Rapists register as sex offenders. Fees. Probation. Fees. Seeing as how most rapist register for an unbelievable amount of time (usually around 15 years) the money is insane. Most of the time, they can't afford it since most can't get jobs. That means their probation/parole gets revoked, and back to prison. More fees. Also, we recovered a $500,000 stolen bus from Mexico. The owner never showed to get it, so guess what the judge did with that? Awarded for sale and funds to the agency. No money in rapists and thieves? Are you kidding me?
Old 06-09-2013, 09:44 AM   #41
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSinisterLS3 View Post
I hear that one all the time. Where do you run into drug loads? Murderers with warrants from another state? People who just robbed a bank? TRAFFIC STOPS! Think about it. You really think drug dealers are walking it down the freeway? Nope. I'm not a doctor. SO, I don't tell someone what medication to take. See what I'm getting at?

Since stepping up the traffic enforcement in the Rio Grande Valley in Texas, the Texas DPS has popped so many drug loads, the cartels are threatening to make "fake loads" laced with chemical agents for the cops to be killed with. All of this stemmed from 1. Changes in traffic laws to keep the criminals out of the loop on current laws. 2. Enforcement of those traffic laws with a zero tollerance. Traffic is the most important job a police officer does. Also, the most dangerous.

You are in fantasy land. That won't happen. The same thing I tell people all the time, I will tell you right now. I have the most pointless job in the world. I am a cop, and there shouldn't be any. Grown people shouldn't need someone to tell them, hey, you are mis behaving. Stop it, or I'll slap your hand. If everyone wanted cops gone, then STOP BREAKING THE LAW! We would all get terminated. Then, you could do whatever you want for about a year until we get hired back.

No money in a rapist? HA! Rapists register as sex offenders. Fees. Probation. Fees. Seeing as how most rapist register for an unbelievable amount of time (usually around 15 years) the money is insane. Most of the time, they can't afford it since most can't get jobs. That means their probation/parole gets revoked, and back to prison. More fees. Also, we recovered a $500,000 stolen bus from Mexico. The owner never showed to get it, so guess what the judge did with that? Awarded for sale and funds to the agency. No money in rapists and thieves? Are you kidding me?

I just want to thank you for being out there.
Old 06-09-2013, 10:21 AM   #42
05stram

Drives: 2013 RS - 2013 2SS/RS - 1971 RS
Quote:

precisely I have another to add - I got pulled over in the early 80s in a vette, the officer told me they were looking for a guy in a vette same color as mine and was doing a stop of all vettes the same color in an effort to find him. I stopped about four exits down on the interstate saw another vette same color hidden behind the truck stop between two tractor trailors. Went in called the cops and sure enough the guy was the one they were looking for. The officer thanked me and told me the guy had raped three women. So I do not feel at all up in arms getting pulled over - either I did something wrong or they are doing their jobs and both are one in the same they are just doing their jobs.
05stram is offline   Reply With Quote