Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

JUICEDMOTORSPORTS
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > 2020 Camaro Fest (X)

Old 03-12-2020, 12:14 AM   #43
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Issue with Index Classes is the lack of understanding and the vast inconsistency most racers will have as what 60% of them were new to it and when they see Index they have no idea what they're doing or getting themselves into. Nor do they have all the crazy ass gadgets and monitoring software some of you have to try and sandbag into an index all day long.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 09:37 AM   #44
Vegas Bound

Drives: 2013 Sparkly Red One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
Issue with Index Classes is the lack of understanding and the vast inconsistency most racers will have as what 60% of them were new to it and when they see Index they have no idea what they're doing or getting themselves into. Nor do they have all the crazy ass gadgets and monitoring software some of you have to try and sandbag into an index all day long.

So those same novices would have the exact same troubles running heads up or bracket. They have to learn somewhere.

After they lose in elims, they can still run Grudge or TNT rounds.

Or maybe, just maybe, they can learn how to drive their car before they come to a big event.
6.29 - 1/8 mile
10.18 - 1/4 mile
Vegas Bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 01:41 PM   #45
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: CGM w/Black stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Bound View Post
So those same novices would have the exact same troubles running heads up or bracket. They have to learn somewhere.

After they lose in elims, they can still run Grudge or TNT rounds.

Or maybe, just maybe, they can learn how to drive their car before they come to a big event.
This is what Camarofest set out to teach. Not be a veteran when you arrive. Camarofest is where you learn and trained by those family and friends of camarofest.

And in the past two camarofest, we have seen that the bracket racing takes up all the time, so there is no Grudge or TNT rounds pretty much after that morning.
Old 03-12-2020, 02:03 PM   #46
Heartbreaker

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL-1, Hyper Blue A10
Quote:
Well, then do it.
+1
Old 03-12-2020, 02:06 PM   #47
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrpiii View Post
This is what Camarofest set out to teach. Not be a veteran when you arrive. Camarofest is where you learn and trained by those family and friends of camarofest.

And in the past two camarofest, we have seen that the bracket racing takes up all the time, so there is no Grudge or TNT rounds pretty much after that morning.
I was gonna reply to him but think you did it far more civil.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Old 03-12-2020, 02:10 PM   #48
Vegas Bound

Drives: 2013 Sparkly Red One
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrpiii View Post

So what you are saying is CF is a waste of time for those who know how to drive, got it. I'm not lining up with a beginner in the next lane.
6.29 - 1/8 mile
10.18 - 1/4 mile
Vegas Bound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 02:40 PM   #49
Ace0751
GEN5 Detail

Drives: 2011 Synergy Series 2SS Convertible
Quote:
So what you are saying is CF is a waste of time for those who know how to drive, got it. I'm not lining up with a beginner in the next lane.
How would you know you’re lining up against one, you gonna go over and say “are you a beginner”? CFest was meant to have everyone come out and enjoy their time and make passes down the strip. But it sounds like it’s becoming close to LSfest with all the bracket racing. There is barely any time for TNT or grudge now. Most of us pay money to go down the strip a few times not maybe once or twice before qualy and slim start. I sure as hell don’t want to keep paying for racers admission for only 5 passes throughout the weekend. Seems like TNT is 20 minutes then 5 minutes between sessions and with that time we have to wait. So...
Old 03-12-2020, 04:00 PM   #50
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

If it was anything like CF7 the wait time is horrendous between runs and as I keep hearing drag racing is becoming more popular at CFest the more "#ImMoreImportantPro's" lining up for their measuring contest the longer this is gonna take unless we get solid track organization and just DQ the I need to let my car cooldown people who aren't ready yet.

Simply put I have nothing against you Vegas Bound but your stance is 100% thus far all about you and nobody else which makes you look exactly like we all are viewing you right now. I'm sure your a cool guy but nobody's gonna care what your opinion is when you basically say "F the Beginners that this Event was built on."

We need more defined rules of engagement if you will, with your class/pairing is up you know this you better be ready in the staging lanes in your car. Not standing their with the hood open helmet off holding everything up because you want it to cooldown more. Maybe better defined TNT/Grudge Racing times that are enforced should be hammered out. I've seen events done poorly and masterfully depending on the organizers involvement and willingness to keep to a set layout if GPI needs more help keeping things moving along and weeding out the snails slowing up the process i'd be happy to help.