Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-13-2009, 05:54 PM   #15
Sabrina saysssss

Drives: 95 camaro <3 =p
Quote:
Originally Posted by StlRomAniaN View Post
Hey everyone, I'm 17 and my parents and I pre-ordered on October 24, 2008. Inferno Orange Metallic 2SS w/ auto and the RS Appearance Package. Pretty sweet for a first car, huh? haha Anyways, I have not received a Welcome Kit yet from my dealership. Weber Chevrolet in St. Louis. Anyone know why? 2 more days till production!!!!!!!
........ i'm pretty jealous. actually i'm EXTREMELY jealous.
CONGRATS!%^!$!%^#!%

be safe!
represent us youngstaaaaaaaaaaassss`!
Sabrina saysssss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 05:55 PM   #16
Chevyrocker
Weekend Rockstar

Drives: Depends on the day...
Quote:
Originally Posted by garagelogic View Post
Maybe it means he's not in the hospital?

Welcome to the site and congrats on your car! You should really call your dealer. They can submit an inquiry to GM and have them send youa packet. Also if you haven't spoke with them recently, you should call to make sure they got your order right (RS and all) and make sure that they removed the Hurst shifter from your order or it won't get pulled for production.
Old 03-13-2009, 05:56 PM   #17
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
congrats, man! just take into consideration that the majority of people end up with their first car looking pretty rough after a while (if you know what i mean). PLEASE be extra careful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
...The distribution of Welcome kits is really random to be honest
especially in canada. last i heard, GM canada decided to not give them out up there.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15384
Samson ('18 HD): compounded 408
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 06:34 PM   #18
StlRomAniaN

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
[QUOTE=zebra;335950]congrats, man! just take into consideration that the majority of people end up with their first car looking pretty rough after a while (if you know what i mean). PLEASE be extra careful!

No worries. The first car I've ever driven was my dad's 1989 Camaro Iroc-Z two years ago. But, over the last two years, I've been driving my mom's 2001 Infinit QX4 and my dad's 2002 Chevy Avalanche. Don't worry, I'm an amazing driver!! haha No problems at all and I'll definitely take care of this beautiful machine!

Unpatient meaning I can't wait till I get mine, I've been waiting for this car for 3ish years.
Old 03-13-2009, 06:36 PM   #19
StlRomAniaN

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
One more thing, how do you reply to certain people's posts?
Old 03-13-2009, 06:44 PM   #20
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Quote:
One more thing, how do you reply to certain people's posts?
you click the 'quote' button in the bottom-right of that post

Quote:
No worries. The first car I've ever driven was my dad's 1989 Camaro Iroc-Z two years ago. But, over the last two years, I've been driving my mom's 2001 Infinit QX4 and my dad's 2002 Chevy Avalanche. Don't worry, I'm an amazing driver!! haha No problems at all and I'll definitely take care of this beautiful machine!

Unpatient meaning I can't wait till I get mine, I've been waiting for this car for 3ish years.
being 17, i'd try & refrain from calling yourself an 'amazing' driver for now. no offense, but we can all get better in more ways than one, and that comes mostly from years of experience. there's a difference between confidence and over-confidence. when people become the latter, they tend to make more careless mistakes from not paying as much attention as they should (or any number of other reasons). this can lead to people and property getting seriously hurt. it's great that you've had no issues to date, and i hope that it stays that way, but things can change in the blink of an eye, and the choices you make on the fly can be the difference between life and death sometimes, especially in a very powerful car like this. that's why i say to always make sure to not over-drive your skills (and that's what you know you can handle). enjoy the car & have fun!

ps - i believe the word you're looking for is impatient.
Attached Images

Last edited by zebra; 03-13-2009 at 06:56 PM.
Old 03-13-2009, 06:54 PM   #21
garagelogic
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Shelby GT500
Quote:
The word is impatient, not unpatient.
garagelogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 06:56 PM   #22
DkknightX
Account Suspended

Drives: 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/SC Stage 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrillz View Post
Good grief a 40k car with 400 hp for a 17 year old new driver thats crazy.
Yeah, that's what I said. That's sort of what this 17 year old girl on liveleak.com was driving, doing 100MPH, the radio blasting and text messaging all at the same time until she met a very unpleasant end when she couldn't slow down at an intersection.

Sorry, but this kid's parents are not responsible if they permit him to own and drive this car at his age. I don't care how mature he is. I'll probably get in trouble for posting this but I feel it is the responsible thing to do. Can't condone this. Sorry if I've offended the Moderators and anybody else.

DkknightX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 06:57 PM   #23
CamaroHutch

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RJT
Damn, what does a guy have to do to get his parents to buy a 38,000 dollar car.... must be nice to be spoiled!
CamaroHutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 07:04 PM   #24
DkknightX
Account Suspended

Drives: 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/SC Stage 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroHutch View Post
Damn, what does a guy have to do to get his parents to buy a 38,000 dollar car.... must be nice to be spoiled!
I'm sure his car insurance company is going to be running scared when they see the risk involved insuring this kid.
DkknightX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 07:13 PM   #25
lordfriday2
Proud Owner!

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS RS
Send a message via AIM to lordfriday2
maybe you can ask your parents to buy you a welcome kit :] jk... welcome to the boards
lordfriday2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 07:16 PM   #26
josh1147
Delivered 29June09

Drives: Early Order Camaro
Buddy,

First welcome....Second you need to sit back, learn to use the search function, and be patient.

I didn't read any post after yours once I figured out you were new. I'm sure you're going to get flamed but you need to have patience young Jedi.

Quote:
Hey everyone, I'm 17 and my parents and I pre-ordered on October 24, 2008. Inferno Orange Metallic 2SS w/ auto and the RS Appearance Package. Pretty sweet for a first car, huh? haha Anyways, I have not received a Welcome Kit yet from my dealership. Weber Chevrolet in St. Louis. Anyone know why? 2 more days till production!!!!!!!
josh1147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 07:20 PM   #27
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroHutch View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordfriday2 View Post
maybe you can ask your parents to buy you a welcome kit :] jk... welcome to the boards
just because the kid gets a nice gift don't necessarily mean he's spoiled... do go peeing in his wheaties yet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DkknightX View Post
I'm sure his car insurance company is going to be running scared when they see the risk involved insuring this kid.
likely so
Old 03-13-2009, 07:24 PM   #28
CamaroHutch

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RJT
Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
just because the kid gets a nice gift don't necessarily mean he's spoiled... do go peeing in his wheaties yet!
Gift I could understand... hell even a $3500 used car I can see. I can't even begin to wrap my head around a $38,000 "Gift" If a 17yr old is getting $38,000 "Gifts", than IMHO, said 17yr old is "Spoiled"
CamaroHutch is offline   Reply With Quote