Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 04-25-2018, 05:44 AM   #1
Cookie Monster
Belle Isle

Drives: 2014 1LE
Private Offers

Does anyone know if the $1000 private offers are still available?
I used to use them all the time about 3-4 years ago and weren’t sure if they still offer them or not.

Credit to xVengeancex28
Cookie Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 08:04 AM   #2
indyz

Drives: 2SS, CT-R, LC500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
Does anyone know if the $1000 private offers are still available?
I used to use them all the time about 3-4 years ago and weren’t sure if they still offer them or not.
To answer your question, I have not seen that lately. But I have not really tried too hard.

Dealers here are cagey about the exact breakdown on discounts. They were willing to add in $2000-3000 in discounts of their own and this was apart from the $1000 current rebate/incentive and supplier or educator discounts. That's on a 2018. I did not try for the 2017 new cars since the dealers that still have those, well, let's just say, there is a reason for that.
indyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 10:51 AM   #3
Cookie Monster
Belle Isle

Yea I feel ya. I am looking for an 18 so that helps. I was told people were using them as recent as November 2017. I just can’t find one like I used to. The month is coming to an end so I was hoping they were at least available.

Credit to xVengeancex28
Old 04-25-2018, 12:12 PM   #4
ZBov82

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE
I've been in the market for a 2SS 1LE for about a month now. I haven't noticed any private offers, but I thought I'd offer a negotiating tip based on my experiences:

Take a look at Ford Mustangs in your area to see how big of a discount to MSRP they're at. I'm in Ohio, and Ford is offering a $2,000 cash rebate. Meanwhile, Chevy isn't offering any incentives in my area. I've gone into Chevy dealers and shown them the (much lower) price on comparable MSRP Mustangs, and they've been willing to come down on their price based on that. Simply put, Camaro pricing in my area just isn't competitive with the Mustang. Combine that with ugly Camaro sales numbers to start the year and a 2019 refresh on the horizon, dealers are going to have to come down on price.
ZBov82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 12:22 PM   #5
Cookie Monster
Belle Isle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBov82 View Post
I've been in the market for a 2SS 1LE for about a month now. I haven't noticed any private offers, but I thought I'd offer a negotiating tip based on my experiences:

Take a look at Ford Mustangs in your area to see how big of a discount to MSRP they're at. I'm in Ohio, and Ford is offering a $2,000 cash rebate. Meanwhile, Chevy isn't offering any incentives in my area. I've gone into Chevy dealers and shown them the (much lower) price on comparable MSRP Mustangs, and they've been willing to come down on their price based on that. Simply put, Camaro pricing in my area just isn't competitive with the Mustang. Combine that with ugly Camaro sales numbers to start the year and a 2019 refresh on the horizon, dealers are going to have to come down on price.
I’ve done that. I’m just trying to get these last bit of money out of them lol

Credit to xVengeancex28
Old 04-25-2018, 12:30 PM   #6
ZBov82

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE
Haha, nice! Let me know if you have any other tips that have worked for you. I'm in the same boat - just trying to get the price down a bit more to feel like I'm getting a good deal. The internet prices I'm seeing here in Ohio are frustrating - I'm seeing much better pricing in other regions (IL, MI) that I'm not eligible for
ZBov82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 04:58 PM   #7
Cookie Monster
Belle Isle

No prob, I tried all the remedies and they only seem to grant me a free quote thus far.
I had probably the pp of them lol. That and a few surveys

Credit to xVengeancex28