Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 08-09-2013, 06:04 PM   #1
jrpxxii

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 427ci
LSX block is trash

Not exactly as title states but my block is now trash. I lifted both heads under boost and it destroyed every piston and cracked the block liners. So now I am going to go with an aluminum block since I have to get a new one and save some weight. If any vendors read this and can help me out please reply to thread. I'm going to need block, pistons/rings, gaskets and connecting rods and a few other parts. I'm going to salvage what I can.
Old 08-09-2013, 06:19 PM   #2
Matt @ FSP

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
That sucks jrp.. We have seen too many issues with the LSx block in the past, I'll never go back to them unfortunately to say. Your disaster doesnt sound block related, but yes mine as well save some weight and go into a better block.

Let me know where we can help.

This is a RHS standard deck, built at 436ci, YSi application. Being built right now.
Attached Images

Matt @ FSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 06:35 PM   #3
jrpxxii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt @ FSP View Post
That sucks jrp.. We have seen too many issues with the LSx block in the past, I'll never go back to them unfortunately to say. Your disaster doesnt sound block related, but yes mine as well save some weight and go into a better block.

Let me know where we can help.

This is a RHS standard deck, built at 436ci, YSi application. Being built right now.
Definitely wasn't the block as it was timing that caused the heads to lift. It was hot out and intake temps went up and computer couldn't pull timing fast enough. Since I now have the option I'm going with an RHS or an ERL block this time. Can u price me a 436 block?
Old 08-09-2013, 07:14 PM   #4
driyac

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrpxxii View Post
Definitely wasn't the block as it was timing that caused the heads to lift. It was hot out and intake temps went up and computer couldn't pull timing fast enough. Since I now have the option I'm going with an RHS or an ERL block this time. Can u price me a 436 block?
so done trusting the guys at cincy speed i take it?
Old 08-09-2013, 07:21 PM   #5
RBL

Drives: 2010 camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by driyac View Post
I was not aware that anybody trusted them.

2012 L99, whipple, Roto-Fab, Stainless Power headers, ZL1 fuel pump, cat delete.
RBL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 07:21 PM   #6
driyac

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBL View Post
I was not aware that anybody trusted them.
redacted**

Last edited by driyac; 08-09-2013 at 08:09 PM.
driyac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 07:24 PM   #7
jrpxxii

Quote:
No not at all. They didn't cause this as they have no control of weather change and heat issue. The head guy at Holley came up and looked thru entire tune and it is dead on. From now on the weather will make a big difference in how the tune is setup for timing.
Old 08-09-2013, 07:27 PM   #8
jrpxxii

Quote:
They took 2 years to build his car... Id be livid personally.
Please don't speak what u don't know. The car didn't take 2 years to build. It's gone thru 3 different engine and supercharger setups. I've driven the car many times in between. I'm completely happy with Cincy Speed as this is a race car and shit is going to break. Cincy speed didn't build the engine either, bischoff race engines built the motor and they are one of the best in the nation.
Old 08-09-2013, 07:47 PM   #9
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Please don't speak what u don't know. The car didn't take 2 years to build. It's gone thru 3 different engine and supercharger setups. I've driven the car many times in between. I'm completely happy with Cincy Speed as this is a race car and shit is going to break. Cincy speed didn't build the engine either, bischoff race engines built the motor and they are one of the best in the nation.
I'm sorry to read about this Jas. Keep at it. You're so close now.

I don't think most people understand the level that your car is at. It's much more than just about everybody on this site. It would take you a week to list everything about it.

I hope you get it up and running soon.

I was just talking to my dad about going back to bowling green this year. Maybe the stars will realign!!
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 08:09 PM   #10
driyac

Quote:
Sorry I was misinformed then. I have tried to follow everything you post so once again my apologies.
Old 08-09-2013, 08:33 PM   #11
jrpxxii

Quote:
Sorry I was misinformed then. I have tried to follow everything you post so once again my apologies.
No problem but just want everyone to know I fully support Cincy Speed. As Jamie said, most people have no idea what all has been done to the car as it was basically stripped down to the bare body and rebuilt part by part. This was not a simple thrown together build. People have no idea what all is involved in builds like these to actually make them work. Anyone can make over 1000hp but its extremely difficult to make it all work at the track. Look at Darth Emma's car for another example, ran 8.47 and next time out she broke axles and transmission. I'm putting 30 lbs of boost through my motor too which is going to cause problems eventually no matter what and its just being prepared this will happen. Once I get my motor back in car it's ready to come off the trailer and start ripping it.
Old 08-09-2013, 08:37 PM   #12
old motorhead

Drives: Maggie blown LS3 vette
Attababy Sucks to go through what you're going through. Sounds like you have an excellent attitude about it. Whoa is me won't get it rebuilt bigger and badder. Best of luck to you!
old motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 08:40 PM   #13
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Someone needs to catch the gremlin running around the country breaking engines!!
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 08:45 PM   #14
jrpxxii

Quote:
Originally Posted by old motorhead View Post
Attababy Sucks to go through what you're going through. Sounds like you have an excellent attitude about it. Whoa is me won't get it rebuilt bigger and badder. Best of luck to you!
Definitely coming back bigger and badder. Going with an aluminum block this time and more cubes with more compression.