Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 08-13-2013, 07:17 AM   #15
SSDan

Drives: 2016 1SS 6MT NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by 45thAnniversary2SS View Post
That's nice to have. I won't have that luxury.
Too bad you can't do the cutouts. They are awesome. Jump to the 1:45 mark if you don't want to listen to all of this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=MsroCA5fUQA

2010 Camaro 2SS Cam/Headers/CAI/3.91 gears
476 rwhp/440 rwtq (sold)
SSDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 07:59 AM   #16
TheBandit18

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2ss M6
Drive it like you stole it!
TheBandit18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 12:52 PM   #17
Ucantctchme

Drives: 2010 ss. 1990 RS the faster one.
At the time of the cam install, I also.installed cutouts and replaced my really loud mufflers with Magnaflows. I leave for work at 6am.
Vararam, XS Power longtubes and exhaust with Magnaflow mufflers, 1LE gears, Vengeance Racing spec'd comp cam with all supporting valvetrain upgrades, Melling Pump. QTP cutouts. 480rwhp.http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h179/ucantctchme/d5c3102c.jpg
Ucantctchme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 01:09 PM   #18
BplumCrazy-SS

Drives: 416 w/TH400
I have the same exhaust and after my cam install it got loud link in sig..... Mine is also catless
Old 08-13-2013, 01:34 PM   #19
BenningJ

Drives: 2013 AGM 1SS/RS LS3
Sounds good! Do what you want; it doesn't matter who you wake up they will get over it. Haha.

I have a Cam/Headers/Tune itch that I think I will be scratching soon as well. Good luck.
| LS3 | CAI Inductions, Inc Intake | Vmax Ported Throttle Body | Dynatech 1.875" Long Tube Headers | Apex Scoop & Washer Bottle Relocation | Lethal Racing Night Fury Cam | BTR 7.400" Push Rods |LS2 Dampener | Melling 10296 Oil Pump | IWIS Chain | BTR .660" Dual Valve Springs | BTR Trunion Upgrade Kit | Lethal Racing Tuned | Anvil Notch Spoiler | BMR Split Drop Springs | Eaton TrueTrac | GM 3.91 Gears | LPW Diff Cover | Rohana RF2 275/40 20x10F 315/35 20x11R | BMR Polyurethane Motor Mounts
BenningJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 01:45 PM   #20
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:

Man I'm sold. That sounds absolutely wicked. Gave me goosebumps lol.
Awesome Give me a call I can provide all the parts, Technical support, and the Custom tuning to make it all work.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 01:46 PM   #21
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigzo510 View Post
Wouldn't really know since I did it all at once, and don't really know the exact hp since I got a email tune from Ted jannetty said its around 470rwhp. But I sure could tell you that it is loud as hell when you step on it and it idles semi-loud, I've got straight pipes like you do check this video of my car
Awesome, Thank for Sharing.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 01:48 PM   #22
DuskSS
Bayou City Muscle Cars

Drives: 2013 2SS Dusk Edition
Quote:
That's nice to have. I won't have that luxury.
Stock Dual Mode Exhaust keep it closed.
wake the dead when it's open.

other than that I leave mine open anyway.

NPP Exhaust rocks flat out.
530/520 SAE
DuskSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 01:55 PM   #23
GroundPilot

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS "Bridgette"
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenningJ View Post
Sounds good! Do what you want; it doesn't matter who you wake up they will get over it. Haha.

Not really. If you are over the age of 12 it is a great way to piss off the neighbors and get the cops all over your ass.

Just do what Ucantctchme did, run a "normal" aftermarket exhaust, even one of the quieter ones, and cut-outs.
GroundPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 02:11 PM   #24
BenningJ

Drives: 2013 AGM 1SS/RS LS3
Yeah I know what you are saying GroundPilot, I have recieved a ticket for "Disturbing Public Quietness" where I live with my '76 Camaro. Somewhat pricey. Although if it is already that loud a cam won't make it much louder just more noticeable. So he could sell everything he has done and start over or just live with it until the neighbors complain.
| LS3 | CAI Inductions, Inc Intake | Vmax Ported Throttle Body | Dynatech 1.875" Long Tube Headers | Apex Scoop & Washer Bottle Relocation | Lethal Racing Night Fury Cam | BTR 7.400" Push Rods |LS2 Dampener | Melling 10296 Oil Pump | IWIS Chain | BTR .660" Dual Valve Springs | BTR Trunion Upgrade Kit | Lethal Racing Tuned | Anvil Notch Spoiler | BMR Split Drop Springs | Eaton TrueTrac | GM 3.91 Gears | LPW Diff Cover | Rohana RF2 275/40 20x10F 315/35 20x11R | BMR Polyurethane Motor Mounts
BenningJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 02:56 PM   #25
Jims Mongoose
Jim

Drives: 2013 Black 2SS 1LE
Confused beginner on Exhaust Systems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuskSS View Post
Stock Dual Mode Exhaust keep it closed.
wake the dead when it's open.

other than that I leave mine open anyway.

NPP Exhaust rocks flat out.
To: DuskSS and all.

I have a 2013 1LE. All stock so far. I am looking into headers now. This thread has put me on alert. I want more power and I wouldn't mind a little more rumble from the NPP, but I don't want to annoy neighbors and alert cops. So here are my questions.

You said keep the NPP closed. I didn't know I could do that. How?

Okay, and if I put on long tube headers, what can I do to the exhaust system to compliment the headers without being to loud?

Please don't assume I know any of the exhaust lingo.

Thanks
Jim
Jims Mongoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 03:07 PM   #26
DuskSS
Bayou City Muscle Cars

Drives: 2013 2SS Dusk Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jims Mongoose View Post
To: DuskSS and all.

I have a 2013 1LE. All stock so far. I am looking into headers now. This thread has put me on alert. I want more power and I wouldn't mind a little more rumble from the NPP, but I don't want to annoy neighbors and alert cops. So here are my questions.

You said keep the NPP closed. I didn't know I could do that. How?

Okay, and if I put on long tube headers, what can I do to the exhaust system to compliment the headers without being to loud?

Please don't assume I know any of the exhaust lingo.

Thanks
Jim
NP Jim!

ADM offers a little control box that will force the valves 100% closed forcing you into the quieter side of the muffler. its other mode is factory.
Ive been bugging them to incorporate 100% open as well for a tri-mode setup but no dice on that so far.

or you can also get a M2W box which forces it into stock ( which is still kind of loud for starts and idle) and then wide open.
both of these boxes operate on a switch.

I use the M2W and get no complaints and it makes highway driving very cool as it keeps it very quiet.
530/520 SAE
DuskSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 03:08 PM   #27
45thAnniversary2SS

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS LS3
Thanks for all the compliments everyone.

Quote:
Yeah I know what you are saying GroundPilot, I have recieved a ticket for "Disturbing Public Quietness" where I live with my '76 Camaro. Somewhat pricey. Although if it is already that loud a cam won't make it much louder just more noticeable. So he could sell everything he has done and start over or just live with it until the neighbors complain.
Yea it's not "too loud" until it gets way up there in rpms, so definitely will add the cam. Thanks for the info.

Just have to shift a lot sooner around town and it's fairly tame.

Got in it this afternoon to grab some lunch and it literally made me jump out of my seat when I started it. Forgot how mean it sounded.
Old 08-13-2013, 03:22 PM   #28
GroundPilot

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS "Bridgette"
Quote:
I hear ya, and sorry if I came across as harsh. There are ways to get stupid LOUD, with HP gains, and still have happy neighbors/cops that is all.
GroundPilot is offline   Reply With Quote