Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 02-10-2015, 10:06 AM   #29
IPF-Tuning

Drives: Camaro, CTS-V, Escalade, GMC Sierra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmick5jr View Post
what if we have 2 camaros in the family. Can i just buy one tune or do i have to buy 2? is there a special deal you could offer for that? i want to be able to use it for 2 vehicles
Yes the same module could be used for two vehciles. We also are offering a $100 forum member discount on tuning software, there is no limit on the number of files you purchase. You would only need one module and 2 software licenses. We can offer you a $200 discount for 2
IPF-Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 10:07 AM   #30
IPF-Tuning

Quote:
what if we have 2 camaros in the family. Can i just buy one tune or do i have to buy 2? is there a special deal you could offer for that? i want to be able to use it for 2 vehicles
Yes the same IPF module could be used for multiple vehicles. We also are offering a $100 forum member discount on tuning software, there is no limit on the number of files you purchase. You would only need one module and 2 software licenses. We can offer you a $200 discount for 2
Old 02-10-2015, 10:40 AM   #31
Tmick5jr
Todd

Drives: 2012 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by IPF-Tuning View Post
Yes the same IPF module could be used for multiple vehicles. We also are offering a $100 forum member discount on tuning software, there is no limit on the number of files you purchase. You would only need one module and 2 software licenses. We can offer you a $200 discount for 2
ok so let me get this straight. I can buy one tune with 100 dollars off for 450. Plus another license for 450 plus the 200 dollars off you mentioned for a grand total of 700? or can i just buy one module and just use it for 2 vehicles? if it doesn't marry to one vehicle then why would i need another license? i should be able to just re use it right?
Tmick5jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 10:54 AM   #32
IPF-Tuning

Quote:
ok so let me get this straight. I can buy one tune with 100 dollars off for 450. Plus another license for 450 plus the 200 dollars off you mentioned for a grand total of 700? or can i just buy one module and just use it for 2 vehicles? if it doesn't marry to one vehicle then why would i need another license? i should be able to just re use it right?
You buy one IPF Module and can use it on an unlimited number of vehicles, this is how our distributors tune vehicles, using the same hardware. Then your tuning software is provided by VIN number. You have to buy a software license for each vehicle separate. Other wise we would have people tuning 100's of vehicles for free... and well that wont work for us. This is how many tuning companys work and most software company's as well i.e. Microsoft. Even custom tuners use othercompanys software, they then buy a license for that VIN# and build you a file. This works very similar.

The IPF Module is $200 and each tuning software license (by VIN #) is $349 for this application.

So Retail is $549 for a tune and module. Minus $100 forum discount equals $449. The second vehicle you only need a software license which is $349 minus the $100 discount for a sale price of $249. The total for two vehicles plus the module would be $698 + $18 to ship the module.

This is even better for car clubs and larger groups because everyone can share one module and save $$$. We support almost every 2008+ GM product globally. Sonic Turbo all the way to Escalade. Make sense?
Old 02-13-2015, 07:22 PM   #33
htoniv

Drives: Camaro
Does anyone know the correct tune file for v6 LLT camaro that has headers and other bolt ons?
htoniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 08:34 PM   #34
surgtech2006

Drives: 2012 2LS LFX
Send a message via Yahoo to surgtech2006
How does this tune work? Are there "maps" that can be modified, or is it a set tune.. run "whats in the box" so to speak..

Anyone in NY/LI area do tuning?
surgtech2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 01:27 PM   #35
SneakyBlue

Drives: 2020 Camaro LT1
The IPF tune is well worth the money. I just performed the tuning on my ride and noticed a huge difference in throttle response and power. This tune is the next upgrade to purchase if you already spent the money on an exhaust kit and air intake system.

Last edited by SneakyBlue; 06-07-2015 at 11:29 AM.
SneakyBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 01:52 PM   #36
IPF-Tuning

Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakyBlue View Post
The IPF tune is well worth the money. I just performed the tuning on my ride and noticed a huge difference in throttle response and power. This tune is the next upgrade to purchase if you already spent the money on an exhaust kit and air intake system.
Also use coupon code: 100offtuning to save yourself $100!!

click here --->http://www.kpe-products.com/shop/cam...rmance-tuning/
Old 06-09-2015, 11:16 PM   #37
A_DILLA
Optimus Prime

Drives: Camaro ZLS [COTW 09/22/14]
I love this mod, a definite must have!

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
A_DILLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 01:03 PM   #38
Aug

Drives: 2014 2SS MT, Convertible
I bought the IPF tuning module. Here is my review and perspective on it, and on the Vitesse throttle controller; sort of as a comparison. To start with, I have a 2014 2LT completely stock and unmodded V6 with Automatic transmission. It has 14k miles on it, and has been running 93 octane since I have had the car.

Prior to the IPF tune, I had purchased and installed the Vitesse throttle controller. I liked the throttle controller for the most part. I understand why people like it and want it. The throttle controller does wake up the car. However, I always felt like power delivery on my car was not the smoothest - even without the throttle controller, and with it, it just seemed more exaggerated. What I mean by smooth power delivery is this: if I am at a stop and punch the throttle about half way, let it shift a couple of times up to around 45 mph or so, then let off the throttle a little to reduce the rate of acceleration, it seems a little jerky, just not as smooth as I would expect. My wife even notices it as a passenger, and thinks I should bring the car in to be checked. I think it is just normal for the car. Don't misunderstand me, it isn't super obvious,and honestly, I bet the dealership would not even notice really. Anyhow, because of this, I somewhat disliked the throttle controller, but I don't really blame it on anything but the factory tune...I really belive GM could have done a little better on their tune - proven, at least to my own satisfaction, with the IPF tune.

So, I got the IPF tuning module. Removed the Vitesse throttle controller. Tuned with IPF. Took 17 minutes, very simple. Throttle feel is similar now to the Vitesse on about 3, maybe 4. However, the car just simply drives better, pulls stronger at low and mid range RPM. Power delivery is COMPLETLY smooth, no more jerkeyness as I tried to describe above. In my opinion, this is how GM should have and could have tuned the car. It is more refined, smooth, linear, just plain better. At the price point with the forum $100 discount, I would say this was just on the cusp of priced ok for me...any higher, not sure. Would I do it again and would I recommend it, absolutely.

BTW, if someone want to purchase my Vitesse throttle controller, let me know...I would let it go for cheap. Only used about a week.
Aug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 02:18 PM   #39
sixt3denied

Drives: 2012 1LT/RS BLACK w NOS
Where did you purchase your IPF tune from?
BBK CAI, Dynomax Ultra Flow Exhaust, Vitesse Throttle Controller, 3M Dark Tint, BMR Subframe Connectors, BMR Drive Shaft Tunnel Brace, Bosch Brakes, Ny-Trex Triple Threat System, Glowshift NOS Gauge, Innovate LC-2 Wideband AFR Gauge, GM Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can, Heritage Grill, Custom LFX Emblems, BAFX Bluetooth OBDII Interface, Torque Pro Logging, Big Worm Graphix Spears & Stripes,Niche M117 Misano Wheels, MGP Caliper Covers
sixt3denied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 02:23 PM   #40
Aug

Drives: 2014 2SS MT, Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixt3denied View Post
Where did you purchase your IPF tune from?
I went to the IPF website and submitted a couple of questions, which were promptly answered via email, and subsequently I puschsed directly from them.
Aug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 02:44 PM   #41
sixt3denied

Aug - PM'd you...
BBK CAI, Dynomax Ultra Flow Exhaust, Vitesse Throttle Controller, 3M Dark Tint, BMR Subframe Connectors, BMR Drive Shaft Tunnel Brace, Bosch Brakes, Ny-Trex Triple Threat System, Glowshift NOS Gauge, Innovate LC-2 Wideband AFR Gauge, GM Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can, Heritage Grill, Custom LFX Emblems, BAFX Bluetooth OBDII Interface, Torque Pro Logging, Big Worm Graphix Spears & Stripes,Niche M117 Misano Wheels, MGP Caliper Covers
Old 06-29-2015, 07:04 AM   #42
sixt3denied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjay Collins View Post
I just purchased mine. I'll report how it is when it gets here.
Yeah definitely want to hear your thoughts on this... Keep us posted!