Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 06-25-2022, 08:55 PM   #29
Joe.G

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 6SP Ashen Grey
Gotcha, According to Summit the fronts are only a couple weeks out, I don't need them right now , Not sure if I want to order and throw them on the shelf or just wait until i need them and hope this supply chain mess gets corrected.
SCT X4 Dynosteve,
Hotckis 1" Springs & Chassis Max Brace
BMR Adjustable Swaybars,Trailing Arms, Adjustable Toe Rod, LCA & Z28 UCA Bushings Hendrix Solid Cradle Bushings
Pedders Radius Rod Inserts Strut tower brace
Hero Smoked Tail and 3rd Brake Light, Diode Dynamic SL1 Fog Lights
AeroForce Dual gauge/Autometer pillar mount.
Joe.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2022, 08:32 AM   #30
gtstorey

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS2,L99, LSA SC
The Bilstiens are pretty much always hard to get and seem to range from a few weeks to not available.
gtstorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 04:59 PM   #31
Dlynch1130

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet SS
If you are still looking for the Bilsteins, the rears are available at RockAuto for $120 plus shipping and the passenger side front is available for $220 plus shipping. For some extra $, on eBay you can get the driver side front from Germany for about $350 landed in the US. Total would be about $810 plus shipping for the three purchased from RockAuto which is about the same as the package prices I have seen offered.

If for some reason you change your mind on using the Z28/FEA rear shock mounts, I would be interested in purchasing them from you.
Dlynch1130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 09:25 PM   #32
Joe.G

Thanks, I am going to hold on to them for a bit, Summit said front and rears are expected to be in stock soon.
SCT X4 Dynosteve,
BMR Adjustable Swaybars,Trailing Arms, Adjustable Toe Rod, LCA & Z28 UCA Bushings Hendrix Solid Cradle Bushings
Old 08-14-2022, 08:08 AM   #33
Dlynch1130

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet SS
Good news on the timing of the Bilsteins arrival date! If you change your mind on the shock mounts, give me a shout.
Dlynch1130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2023, 07:13 AM   #34
Joe.G

Do you Guy's see any issue with buying the B6's and leaving them sit on the shelf, I honestly don't know when I would get around to installing them, It could be a year from now but considering they are hard to get at times I was thinking of buying them and putting them on the shelf for when I need them. I just am not sure if there would be an issue with seals drying out and what not.
SCT X4 Dynosteve,
Old 07-25-2023, 07:31 AM   #35
morepowerjoe

Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Camaro l99
I don't really see a problem with letting them sit for a year. Some of the oem shocks probably sit on the shelves for years.
DSS FX Forged Pistons, Eagle ESP L19 Forged Rods, ARP Head and Main Studs, TSP PRC 260 CNC Ported Heads milled .030, Cometic .040 Head Gaskets, GPI SS3 VVT Camshaft, GM Performance Racing Lifters, CHE Trunnions , Molly Pushrods, Melling 10355HV Oil Pump, Cold Air Inductions CAI, Fast LSXR Intake Manifold, Nick Williams 103 TB, TSP 1 7/8" Longtubes with 3" TSP Exhaust, ZL1 Fuel Pump, Mishimoto Radiator, Mishimoto Oil Cooler, Tru Cool 40k Tranny Cooler, 3600 Circle D Converter, Fluid Dynamics Balancer

Build Thread https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=609817
morepowerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2023, 07:49 AM   #36
Joe.G

I was going to install them when I did all the suspension work but they were on Back order, So I figured if I buy them I'll have them ready for when I tear into it for something or i am bored and throw them on.
SCT X4 Dynosteve,