Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-25-2010, 11:08 AM   #15
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
Your right, that is snobby. What makes you think just because you own a camaro or a corvette that you deserve any better service than someone that owns a cobalt. Not everyone can afford cars like this ,but owning a Cobalt doesn't always mean they somehow don't care about it. My buddies boy has an SS Cobalt ,and he has a lot of passion for it. He takes as good of care of it, if not better care, then anybody I know with very expensive cars.
I can tell you, I'm sure when he gets it service he wants it treated with respect and done well just as much as anybody with a more expensive car.

My traverse cost $8,000 more than my camaro did. So does that mean that I should get better service when I take it to the dealer as opposed to when I take the camaro in? No it doesn't.

To me a good service dept it one that respects everyone's vehicles the same and gives the same level of service no matter what type of car it is.

I totally agree !!! I HATE when self righteous people think they are better than everyone else ... We the people are ALL equal, you should be ashamed of yourself. And I bet you go through life with that same attitude that you are better than the other guy ...
Old 09-25-2010, 11:15 AM   #16
okyankee

Drives: 2010 SILVERADO
what even happened at the service dept? i would atleast would have put that in the reply to gm to make some sense. i had to reread it just to see if i missed the reason.
okyankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 11:20 AM   #17
GB EB

Drives: 2014 Stingray 2LT/Z51
Ron Baker in San Diego is the same as BSX has experienced which is the exact opposite of fastkev.

TERRIBLE sales department and great service department. I tried to purchase my 2007 Chevy Avalanche (and now a 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS) from them and they are terrible to work with to purchase from. That is $90,000 worth of sales they have missed out on because they have a poorly trained and rude sales staff. I would have never given them the chance to sell me the Camaro if I hadn't had such great experiences with the service department over the past couple of years. Now, because the sales staff has turned me off so much I'm even taking my service to the dealer I purchased the Camaro from.

*TROPHY RECIPIENT - GREATEST SHOW ON TURF 9/11/11*
*1ST PLACE MODERN MUSCLE - CORONADO SPEED FESTIVAL 9/23/11*
*AWARD OF EXCELLENCE - GOOD GUYS DEL MAR FALL NATIONALS 11/27/11*
*1ST PLACE / '82&UP CAMARO/FIREBIRD- FORT WALTON BEACH FF SHOW 2/16/13*
BUILD THREAD: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120353
GB EB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 11:41 AM   #18
~Stacy~
Banned

Drives: Car
Dealership Survey

I gave my dealer the highest rating ever It was my first car I bought thru them in January. Well the 4th off the sales manager I tore up my camaro the last 8 months. Took the exhaust off, the grille, put on some ground effects basically and the list goes on. I'm very mechanically inclined the dealer helped me out. I had some issues with the gfx kit falling off and the exhaust rattling. Went back a few times fixed my issues no questions asked and no money charged. Had a few warranty issues with the sunroof fixed that. They are helping me wire up some lights on Monday so I don't burn some wires up I have to admit I have been well served the last 8 months before and after the sale. I have to drive 27 miles away to get good service but it's worth it.
~Stacy~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 11:54 AM   #19
Evil35th

Drives: 02 35th Aniversary SS/'11 RJT 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
Your right, that is snobby. What makes you think just because you own a camaro or a corvette that you deserve any better service than someone that owns a cobalt. Not everyone can afford cars like this ,but owning a Cobalt doesn't always mean they somehow don't care about it. My buddies boy has an SS Cobalt ,and he has a lot of passion for it. He takes as good of care of it, if not better care, then anybody I know with very expensive cars.
I can tell you, I'm sure when he gets it service he wants it treated with respect and done well just as much as anybody with a more expensive car.

My traverse cost $8,000 more than my camaro did. So does that mean that I should get better service when I take it to the dealer as opposed to when I take the camaro in? No it doesn't.

To me a good service dept it one that respects everyone's vehicles the same and gives the same level of service no matter what type of car it is.
I firmly agree with what you said, however there are some dealerships that dont. Our local dealership is a chevy/caddy dealer, when you bring your caddy in they treat you with respect and give you a caddy as a loaner. when you bring in any other car the service writers act as if your bothering them, give you the cheapest car enterprise has available. To some this is no big deal, but to others that love our cars and have spend alot of hard earned cash, we feel kinda cheated and slightly disrespected
02 35TH LE#3089 and 2011 2SS/RS
Evil35th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 12:04 PM   #20
JJ2010

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
I believe most Camaro and Corvette owners will be a lot more picky than the average Joe.

I worried my dealership and some of my expectation were not reasonable.
JJ2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 12:08 PM   #21
scrapn4me

Drives: 2004 Monte Carlo SS
our service department is great it was the sales dept that sucked . we went to another dealer to purchase but still go back to the closer one for service.

1100, Preliminary order accepted - 11/09/09
2500, Order accepted by GM 11/25/09
3000, Order scheduled for production - 1/11/2010
3300, Order broadcast 12/17/09
3400, Order broadcast - 12/23/09
Found same car on dealers lot 12-30-09 without factory stripes
stripes painted on "69" style 1-11-10
scrapn4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 01:00 PM   #22
MG

Drives: 2011 Camaro
I think GM cares. I filled the survey, complained about the horrible experience of buying my wonderful car, and within two days they called me for the exact story. I told them.

Hopefully something good comes of this.
MG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 01:02 PM   #23
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
But if we are well known to Corvette Clubs, and have had good luck with Camaro's, are we worthy to fix Aveo's?
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 01:24 PM   #24
lyjo

Drives: 2SS - RS - M6
I had the same experience.. one dealer great sales dept.. couldn't get my car in for service message... returned to the first dealer with crappy sales dept.. and much better service..

It would seam it's hard for the average dealer to have both.. great sales and service?? no matter what you own.. cobolt to vett...
Old 09-25-2010, 01:32 PM   #25
JUISSD

Drives: 2010 White/IOM 2SS/RS M6
First of all, a Camaro or Corvette owner doesn't deserve any special treatment. Everyone should be treated with an equal amount of respect. I would much rather have a great service department than sales department. You only have to deal with sales once. Unfortunately it's been my experience that a majority of service departments are sub par. GM, Ford, Dodge and Dodge dealerships.

JUISSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 01:38 PM   #26
kd4hey
Motorhead Wannabe

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS (L99) RJT
Send a message via Skype™ to kd4hey
Except for the hard line attitude against mods from the service manager, I've had good luck with both sales & service.

The SM told me he received a memo for GM stating ANY aftermarket mod (CAI/Headers/Cat/Exhaust) would void the entire powertrain warranty!

2011 2SS/RS L99 RJT VIN# 116938 Del: 27AUG2010 "Veronica" is a wet dream on wheels!
Former Ride: 2010 1LT RJT 15AUG2009 - 27AUG2010 "Victoria" was one fine lady! CamaroSouth - Columbia Chapter Member
kd4hey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 01:59 PM   #27
joe h

Drives: victory red 2010 camaro 2ss/rs
Ressler chevrolet in Mandan, ND- bad sales department, unwilling to track down a red, flex fuel impala. Told me I was dumb for even looking, I have my reasons. Service Department- Even worse, they never seem to be able to replicate a problem. Had a starter burn up on the impala, despite bringing it to them a month earlier because it was acting up. However, out of warranty work is reasonable.

Stan Puklich chevrolet in Bismarck- Sales department is great. Service department is beyond awful. Like Resslers, they always seem to be out to save gm money on warranty work, but have no issue charging ridiculous amounts for common gm vehicle problems.
joe h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 01:59 PM   #28
firestone_ss

Drives: 2010 camaro ss
theres alot of truth in this whole statement,never says he deserves better treatment,aknowledges the fact he may be a little more picky and theres no crime in that,my shop sees many different types of car owner,ones that dont give a crap about the car and others who border insane,the trick in service is to make every customer feel you did the best to your ability to satisfy there needs,and yes sometimes that means chatting with the customer outside for 20 minutes about all his/her little concerns about the vehicle.I dont think thats asking too much since in the end the customer may spend thousands of dollars over the life of the car.
firestone_ss is offline   Reply With Quote