Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-19-2018, 07:09 PM   #1
5thgensilversurfer

Drives: 2011 v6 camaro
Anyone having trouble with the seat not reclining backwards??

First things first, idk what's going on with the font.

So I recently had trouble with my driver seat not reclining backwards, no sound, no nothing. Only forward motion, the latch worked to release the seat for small kids. So anyways, it was in a somewhat "comfortable" position. Then the unthinkable happened and my 2yr old rolled the seat forward!! (with the button) ikr!! The worst! Thankfully, my wife was small enough to drive it home on a Saturday afternoon. Turns out it was the reclining switch that is in the front left of the seat on the other side of the panel with the button on the seat. Anyways, all the parts stores around me locally had the part. And every dealership (that I'm aware of) around me is closed on sundays, so i thought i might get lucky and run into one at the salvage, no luck. So after freezing my testies off and sitting very uncomfortably in the seat with the heat on full blast, a light bulb went off, basically I asked the wife if that's where she wanted her seat and robbed the switch from her seat, and plugged it into mine and was able to get my seat to recline backwards and forwards with no problem. I would like to point out that hitting the seat while holding the button does not work. Also unzipping the back of the seat also does nothing. It does however make it to where you can't get it zipped back like it used to be. Long story short, I robbed the switch from the passenger side to make the driver side recline so that I could drive it. It happened yesterday, and I do plan on replacing the driver side switch but I'm not too worried about it right meow because its where I like it. And really, to make sure it doesn't happen again. I'll just leave it unplugged. you know, for extra precautions. Haha!! Like I said I will replace it. Just not now. I do however want to get rid of the spoiler I have. At this point it maybe cheaper to get the holes filled and resprayed versus getting a different one from the salvage. Trades anyone? Metallic silver, the light silver 2011 camaro.
5thgensilversurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 01:30 AM   #2
94z28inok
Camaro- Life Member

Drives: 14 Camaro 2SS/RS, 16 200, 07 Tahoe
Send a message via Yahoo to 94z28inok
Good to know the switches are interchangable. Welcome to C5, Im not too far from you in Joplin, Mo. Well, when Im not at work anyway, In Michigan right now, but I do come through Tulsa often. Might have to stop and say hi sometime.
91 Camaro RS 305 TBI 700R4
94z28inok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 09:23 AM   #3
5thgensilversurfer

Drives: 2011 v6 camaro
IG I should've pointed out that she was in the passenger seat with her face in her phone. And my son was roaming around the car when I was in getting my haircut, hence why i made her drive the car home. My wife stayed in the car with him the whole time. But you know women and their phones!! Lol I'm kidding! And on a side note, be careful up there in Michigan.
5thgensilversurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 09:42 AM   #4
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
did not think there were two switches on the 11...my 11 had no power to the passenger seat....it was in 13 they gave power to the passenger seat... yup you just have the recline and that's it, it would be cheap to replace.... and the spoiler just buy one off ebay….

https://www.gmpartsdirect.com/auto-p...omponents-scat
2013 2SS/RS LS3 M6 ,CRT, NPP, Forged 428 ls3 stroker, GMPP ported heads, Katech chain, Mast windage, Cam Motion Cam, trunnion upgrade, Stainless Power headers HFC, CAI w/kit, Vmax PTD, Fluidampr25% udp, LPW diff cover, BMR strut brace,trailing arms, toes, bushings, Rocket racing wheels,Toyo Proxes 4+, elite catch can, clutch reservoir, dash/body LED, DRL rewire, Sparks billet badges, Forza 3way, tint, MRT louvers, ZL1 spoiler, MGW short throw, Monster dual LT1S clutch, bleeder, support, high vol pump, Speed hut shift light, ACC flames stripes, Driven ls30 oil, NGK TR6IX , Granatelli wires.
christianchevell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 04:21 PM   #5
BAH2SS
Stigs Bahraini Cousin

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
I just replaced the driver side switch. Stopped moving the seat up and down everything else was working. Next day nothing works. It's a 5 minutes job.