Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2012 Camaro5 Fest (III)

Old 08-17-2012, 04:42 PM   #85
CruznSS

Drives: 2SS/RS Camaro ABM - Silver Ralleys
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSkooter View Post
Hell, even when it rained I was still havin' a blast!

It's not too often you get to help change a set of tires in the pouring rain and then laugh about it later.

It's all about the experience of enjoying the company and companionship of hundreds of other folks from all walks of life across all of North America who all share a common hobby.

If that's not what you're going to Camaro5 Fest for, then you'll never truly appreciate it like the rest of us do.

The moderators, vendors, and all of the volunteers that help out make every Fest an amazingly fun, relaxed (albeit high-paced), and enjoyable experience.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I don't care where the Fest is, I'm going.

I missed out on the first Fest in Valdosta, but I won't be making that mistake ever again
Exactly! Well put, Party in the parking lot....lol :beer::beer:

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
Old 08-19-2012, 12:05 AM   #86
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 01:59 PM   #87
Dan @ Pro Custom Products

Drives: Chevy
Had a BLAST!
Thanks Camaro5 for putting the Fest together.
Dan @ Pro Custom Products is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 09:56 AM   #88
cybercoaster

Drives: 2017 2SS 50th Anv, 1972 RS
I have been to all the fest and had a blast at this one. However for some reason the 1st stands out as the best. Perhaps it was that it was we didn't know what to expect and had an awesome time. Plus it was the first time I ran the 1/4. Personally I do like it in April the best, the first two fell on my birthday and that made it even more fun. Getting to meet everyone, the parking lot parties, folks from GM walking around, spending money at vendor booths - all worth it. See you in Texas next year (I hope).

1. Wish they carried the tradition of coins like the 1st Fest.
2. Confusing why each person had to pay spectator while there were two of everything in the bags. Was $25 supposed to get two people in?
3. Would be nice if they had open times on the drag strips for people not wanting to spend $100 to compete and all. I would like to have ran but not just a few times for $100.
4. Would also be nice to have registration Thu night at the hotel and get your wrist bands then. Then not have to wait in the morning on Fridays to pay and stuff.
cybercoaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 04:20 PM   #89
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybercoaster View Post
I have been to all the fest and had a blast at this one. However for some reason the 1st stands out as the best. Perhaps it was that it was we didn't know what to expect and had an awesome time. Plus it was the first time I ran the 1/4. Personally I do like it in April the best, the first two fell on my birthday and that made it even more fun. Getting to meet everyone, the parking lot parties, folks from GM walking around, spending money at vendor booths - all worth it. See you in Texas next year (I hope).

1. Wish they carried the tradition of coins like the 1st Fest.
2. Confusing why each person had to pay spectator while there were two of everything in the bags. Was $25 supposed to get two people in?
3. Would be nice if they had open times on the drag strips for people not wanting to spend $100 to compete and all. I would like to have ran but not just a few times for $100.
4. Would also be nice to have registration Thu night at the hotel and get your wrist bands then. Then not have to wait in the morning on Fridays to pay and stuff.
Great post... Couple of good points there too... maybe $50 for Friday "open racing" and $100 for both days with competitions being Saturday afternoon. I wondered how the folks who just wanted to make a couple of passes felt about the $100. It is very expensive to rent the a track like this but as we get more data now maybe it can be worked out.
Old 08-21-2012, 05:32 PM   #90
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Great post... Couple of good points there too... maybe $50 for Friday "open racing" and $100 for both days with competitions being Saturday afternoon. I wondered how the folks who just wanted to make a couple of passes felt about the $100. It is very expensive to rent the a track like this but as we get more data now maybe it can be worked out.
I'd actually do the 50.00 Friday thing.

I have zero chance of racing any head 2 head on day 2. (11.1 being the slowest to qualify) and brackets will be the first casualty of any delays like rain.

I was actually unaware that there would be no open racing on Saturday.

NO biggie for me but I heard some grumblings on day 2. Nobodies fault that it rained though. Next year I'll get all my racing done on day one and hang out on day 2.

I'll still pay the 100.00 if there is no choice but I'd def. be one that paid the 50.00 and raced day one.

I'd suspect that many would. Unless they were stacked for their respective classes.

PS: Why not have a TVS2300, comp cam, black paint, orange trim, street tire, 5'6" and below class?
Old 08-21-2012, 05:39 PM   #91
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
My only complaint would be that there wasn't enough time to spend with everyone I finally got to meet. Being at the track 2 full days pretty much ate up all the free time and after dinner I was shot after about an hr in the parking lot. Not really a complaint I guess, just my bitching! I would actually consider going again and NOT racing so I'd be able to watch the fast cars go and hang with the peeps.

Ah, gotcha suckers!!!! Of course I will be smoking you all on the trackl!!!
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 05:41 PM   #92
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post

PS: Why not have a TVS2300, comp cam, black paint, orange trim, street tire, 5'6" and below class?

I'd paint my car black, throw my stock tires on, and make you my biotch!!!
Old 08-21-2012, 05:55 PM   #93
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
I'd paint my car black, throw my stock tires on, and make you my biotch!!!

Fine, 5'4" and below.
Old 08-21-2012, 05:57 PM   #94
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:

Fine, 5'4" and below.
I'll put my fiancé in my car and she'll make you her biotch!!
Old 08-21-2012, 05:59 PM   #95
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
I'll put my fiancé in my car and she'll make you her biotch!!
Hmmmmmm.............. Manual or auto?

NVMD, I see the 6L80E

I might could get her. If she............ well,,, if ................ Ok, maybe not.
Old 08-21-2012, 06:00 PM   #96
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Hmmmmmm.............. Manual or auto?

(I see the L99 but never know what swaps may have been made. LOL)
Same as yours , only faster!!
Old 08-21-2012, 06:01 PM   #97
PQ
Booooosted.

For now. lol

Ok and for a while. But I'm saving. LOL
Old 08-21-2012, 06:40 PM   #98
SGOS252382

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Only 1/4 mile drags at Camaro5 were competition drags? No just racing for fun?

I can gaurantee the majority of Camaro5 members would prefer to just run for fun at a reasonable price.
SGOS252382 is offline   Reply With Quote