Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 05:24 PM   #1
Nick James

Drives: 69 Camaro BBC Glide
Turbo Technology's quest starts now...

Well like I previously stated, George and I are on the way to California as we speak to pick up our first 2010 Camaro in hopes to deliver you all another TTiX system.

We still haven't been given the chance to really investigate what's going on underneath the good as far as room goes but from what I've been told, the plan is to either use the stock exhaust manifolds or possibly casting another manifold. A tubular designed manifold would be optimal for exhaust flow but for a street application, durability is the key and unfortunately you run into problems with the manifold cracking.

For turbochargers, we'll stick with what has proven itself in the past which are a pair of Precision 6265s which can easily support 600rwhp on a stock application or even 900rwhp+ on a forged engine.

I've got 36 hours of driving ahead of me, so leave some input on what you would like to see out of this kit. I'll chime back in later!

Nick
Old 02-05-2010, 06:50 PM   #2
thekid96

Drives: Z06, 69 Camaro
This is great news. I think you will see the majority of the builds under 600whp on stock bottom ends. Assuming the stock manifolds will flow and accomodate the package I think it would be a very convenient platform. Focus on the cold side, save the manifold $$ and put a kit out there that is easy to install and competitive with SC pricing, win, win.
Old 02-05-2010, 07:30 PM   #3
Nick James

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekid96 View Post
This is great news. I think you will see the majority of the builds under 600whp on stock bottom ends. Assuming the stock manifolds will flow and accomodate the package I think it would be a very convenient platform. Focus on the cold side, save the manifold $$ and put a kit out there that is easy to install and competitive with SC pricing, win, win.
Were hoping to keep pricing competitive with the supercharger systems.
Old 02-05-2010, 07:32 PM   #4
Orange5thGen

Drives: 2011 Convert
Send a message via Yahoo to Orange5thGen
Try to do a V6 one too......
Come see me at www.chicago5thgen.com TEAM LLT, , 2011 Covertible 1LT RS, JDM Color Shift Halo's, Showstopper Camaro Bowtie Led Mirrors, Side Markers and Engine Cover, Pace Setter Catback Exhaust, BK Coilover Kit, 21" Full Crome GM wheels, Tinted windows, I WIN BEARS Plate. Full amber ABL dash and door update with IOM interior panels.
Old 02-05-2010, 07:59 PM   #5
Nick James

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange5thGen View Post
Try to do a V6 one too......
If we got one on our hands we definitely would
Old 02-05-2010, 09:12 PM   #6
Z_Rocks

Drives: everyone crazy...
Nick, once you guys get the car and start analyzing whether you would stay with stock manifold or custom one or shorty headers, please keep us posted. One thing that I would suggest, which would help you in many ways (design, people's interest and avoiding mistakes), is to keep a transparent communication during your R&D. I see this first working with companies who involve clients from start.
Old 02-06-2010, 03:37 PM   #7
Nick James

I finally had a chance to pull over at a rest stop and hook up our Verizon card so I could browse the forums a little bit better...

Some of you probably have seen this car before... Enjoy

We'll have a Maggie vs. Stock vs. the TTiX (which as of yesterday, will be given a new name for he 5th gen chasis)

Nick
Old 02-06-2010, 06:10 PM   #8
Z_Rocks

So, is this the L99 you were picking up to do R&D on?
Old 02-06-2010, 06:34 PM   #9
SSambumbia

Drives: 2ss/rs black/black
Serious fuel management and actually making 600 rwhp on a L99 will make my day.
I've been waiting on the announced turbonetics tt kit that somehow has not seen the
light of day. Hope this is not another tease.
Old 02-06-2010, 06:50 PM   #10
Buitre
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow 2LT RS AUTO
Where in California are u guys heading to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick James View Post
Well like I previously stated, George and I are on the way to California as we speak to pick up our first 2010 Camaro in hopes to deliver you all another TTiX system.

We still haven't been given the chance to really investigate what's going on underneath the good as far as room goes but from what I've been told, the plan is to either use the stock exhaust manifolds or possibly casting another manifold. A tubular designed manifold would be optimal for exhaust flow but for a street application, durability is the key and unfortunately you run into problems with the manifold cracking.

For turbochargers, we'll stick with what has proven itself in the past which are a pair of Precision 6265s which can easily support 600rwhp on a stock application or even 900rwhp+ on a forged engine.

I've got 36 hours of driving ahead of me, so leave some input on what you would like to see out of this kit. I'll chime back in later!

Nick
Old 02-06-2010, 06:59 PM   #11
SSRS2010
SS/RSVIN04274

Drives: 2010 CAMARO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick James View Post
I finally had a chance to pull over at a rest stop and hook up our Verizon card so I could browse the forums a little bit better...

Some of you probably have seen this car before... Enjoy

We'll have a Maggie vs. Stock vs. the TTiX (which as of yesterday, will be given a new name for he 5th gen chasis)

Nick
Old 02-06-2010, 07:13 PM   #12
Z_Rocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSambumbia View Post
Serious fuel management and actually making 600 rwhp on a L99 will make my day.
I've been waiting on the announced turbonetics tt kit that somehow has not seen the
light of day. Hope this is not another tease.
The Turbonetic's kit is Single Turbo not TT!
Old 02-06-2010, 10:03 PM   #13
SSMINNOW

Drives: Hellion twin turbo 2010 Camaro SS
Hellion is coming out with a twin turbo kit soon. I had their single kit on my 01 Bullitt. Awesome quality and their customer service is second to none.
Old 02-07-2010, 03:59 PM   #14
Total_Perf_Eng

Drives: Corvette
Send a message via AIM to Total_Perf_Eng
Nick, if the Camaro TTi kit is ANYTHING like your Corvette kit, they wll be the ONLY turbo system we offer for these cars at our shop.

Members,
If you aren't famiiar with TTi, they are the absolute leader in turbo systems for the C5/C6 corvette. They dominate in every sense of the word. Their not one of these hacked together turbo systems, that come with a bunch of home made parts. Their kits are second to none.

Closed Thread