Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 11-07-2020, 02:01 PM   #1
sbubbaklein

Drives: early 2011 Camaro convertible
Rodent Repellant

We live in the woods and are bothered by field mice. I bought 2 rodent repellant devices to keep them out of the car. They have a high frequency noise as well as photo cell flashing lights. The device only works when they feel vibration.
Attached Images

Early 2011 LT Convertible, ZL1 bumper, hood, side skirts, belly pan and wheels, Truecarbon ECF hood extractor, K&N CAI, Elite catch can, Big Worm Bow Tie emblems, Jacfab bracket, Vitesse TC, BMR strut brace, BMR tunnel brace, NPP exhaust
sbubbaklein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2020, 06:04 PM   #2
JCamaro805

Drives: RS 2011 Camaro
They don't like Bounce fabric drying sheets as well. I park my motorcycle in a bldg outside our rural home and had problems with them prior to finding this trick out. Place them inside and out of vehicle and apparently they hate the smell.
JCamaro805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2020, 07:49 PM   #3
shibbs
Captain Gingerbeard

Drives: 2012 IOM RS/SS 6MT
Never had mice in my car, and just have a few dryer sheets in random places. 2 or so in the trunk, a few under the hood, and a few in each "cubby" on the undersides of the rear seat.
Pedders Coilovers, BMR trailing arms and toe-links, Prothane solid poly subframe bushings, JDP Motorsports rear upper control arm bushings, Texas Speed long-tube headers with 2" primaries, modified fully 3" Magnaflow competition catback. CAI cold-air intake. DBA rotors, Hawk pads.

Quote:
'Hellcat' sounds like some kinda 15 year old furry with liek "I'm a blue fox with wings and magical kawaii powers" kind of sh*t.
shibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2020, 08:37 PM   #4
ariZona28
Give speed a chance

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2LS, 2015 Camaro Z/28
In addition to the above items place several of these in the general vicinity of your vehicle. Bate them PROPERLY with peanut butter and dried fruit which is a delectable cuisine no self-respecting rodentia can resist. Old school but still the most effective.
Attached Images

Old 11-07-2020, 11:23 PM   #5
mikeman
Banned

Drives: 2015 Camaro
Yep, the dryer sheets work well. Fortunately, I don't have rodent problems with my car except for the rat that drives it (me). Just kidding lol!
mikeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 06:59 AM   #6
Sparko

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Another +1 for drier sheets, never had a problem with mice, chipmunks or other bity scratchies that screw up cars/bikes. I put like 4 strategically placed on a bike, prolly 8ish in a car.
'87 HD FXRT - Wrecked pending repair
Sparko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 12:45 PM   #7
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
Very cool on the drier sheets!! I have a feral cat issue at my house. The hairy thing likes to lay on my roof and preen himself and get cat hair all over my Camaro! And he lays on the hood at night when it is still warm. Got a couple of scratches so far that you can barely see, so I bought a custom cover for the car. Now he thinks it is a hotel and lays all over it and has "sprayed" it several times, AND puked on it in 3 spots!! I have tried cat repellants to no avail. Aside from trying to catch him, not sure what to do. Can't kill him because I love animals..
Old 11-08-2020, 01:33 PM   #8
ariZona28
Give speed a chance

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2LS, 2015 Camaro Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1JEWLDSSRS View Post
Very cool on the drier sheets!! I have a feral cat issue at my house. The hairy thing likes to lay on my roof and preen himself and get cat hair all over my Camaro! And he lays on the hood at night when it is still warm. Got a couple of scratches so far that you can barely see, so I bought a custom cover for the car. Now he thinks it is a hotel and lays all over it and has "sprayed" it several times, AND puked on it in 3 spots!! I have tried cat repellants to no avail. Aside from trying to catch him, not sure what to do. Can't kill him because I love animals..
Here is your solution. I purchased this at Ace Hardware for about $30 several years back. Load the bait plate with some Tuna and wait for the result. You now can relocate the offending felis domesticus to the land of "somewhere else" all expenses paid. A happy outcome for all parties involved. I throw the loaded trap into the back of my truck and drive out several miles. My big problem is rabbits (aka furry long eared rats), they like to eat spark plug wires!!!
Attached Images

Old 11-08-2020, 05:22 PM   #9
mikeman
Banned

Drives: 2015 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1JEWLDSSRS View Post
You can try sprinkling black pepper over the cover to see if that works.
mikeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 10:49 AM   #10
1JEWLDSSRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariZona28 View Post
Here is your solution. I purchased this at Ace Hardware for about $30 several years back. Load the bait plate with some Tuna and wait for the result. You now can relocate the offending felis domesticus to the land of "somewhere else" all expenses paid. A happy outcome for all parties involved. I throw the loaded trap into the back of my truck and drive out several miles. My big problem is rabbits (aka furry long eared rats), they like to eat spark plug wires!!!
Thanks sir! That is exactly what I need, my neighbor suggested that as well.
Old 11-09-2020, 10:52 AM   #11
1JEWLDSSRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeman View Post
You can try sprinkling black pepper over the cover to see if that works.
lol, thanks, and maybe red pepper, didn't think about that... Good suggestion.