Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-08-2019, 03:38 AM   #1
ex-SS-ve

Lost one started with another

Ill start this one from the beginning. Been on here for a while long enough to see the concept release in 2006. From then i knew i would have a 5th gen the moment it was released. Ordered a black/black 2010 camaro 2ss/rs in 10/2008. It showed up after a long wait in 5/2009. Enjoyed having a r6p car for 10 years and every bit of modding it to 800rwhp. Unfortunately it was a total loss on 10/28/2019 due to taking a hard hit on drivers side. Definately was not easy to see it go away. Although i have other cars to drive i still had to replace it. Looked around for about a month and i found a mint 2013 2ss 1le with only 19k miles. Not even 2 weeks into owning it ive already started to mod it. Hope to keep this one around much longer.
Attached Images

ex-SS-ve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 06:59 AM   #2
0stones0
It don’t come easy.

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6
I gotta ask...how did the hard hit happen?
Old 12-08-2019, 09:22 AM   #3
oldman14ss

Drives: 2014 1ss camaro
hope you or whoever was driving is a-ok . that's a shame, glad to see youre back in the game. good luck on your latest. show picks when you modify. the oldman.............
oldman14ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 12:06 PM   #4
InFiD3ViL

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS LS3 Swapped A6
Wow, those kind of pictures are hard to look at. The shame is that there was also so many great salvageable parts on it. What happens with all that? Does it all go to the insurance company? (Wheels, ZL1 grill, etc...)

But it seems you found a great way to move on. Glad you are ok and good luck man!
2010 CGM Camaro 2SS LS3 Swapped A6 - GPI LS3 SS1 .647/.638, (224/237, 112 +4, 7º overlap) on CamMotion 8620 core, BTR Platinum .660" Dual Spring kit w/titanium retainers, CHE bronze trunnion upgrade, stock heads milled @ .015, Melling HV 10296 oil pump, TSP 1-7/8" long tube headers (W/Catless Off-road Pipes), Corsa Xtreme 3" Catback, GPI Ported/Rod Mod Intake, Stage 2 Ported Throttle Body, Vararam OTR CAI, Mike Norris Gen 2 catch can + GM 1LE clean side separator, 160º thermostat - Megan Racing adjustable coilovers (lowered 1.75"), MRR M017 10/11" wheels-Tuned by Ryan @ GPI
InFiD3ViL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 03:58 PM   #5
xstuntman

Drives: 2012 Victory Red LFX
Oh man, that was heart wrenching to see.

Is it just me or does the old car look like it has a V6 front end?
2018 SS wheels, red Heritage grille, actual driving lights, ZL1 strut tower brace, GM Performance billet aluminum fuel door, front grille Bowtie delete, painted red rotors and calipers, 1/4 window American Flags, splash guards, AEM dry panel air filter.

Last edited by xstuntman; 12-08-2019 at 08:50 PM.
xstuntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 05:03 PM   #6
RJT Impala
Stovebolt BluFlame 6

Drives: '12 2LT/RS, IBM; '20 Traverse Prem
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstuntman View Post

Is it just me or does the new car look like it has a V6 front end?
Some years ago--prior to the ZL1, many V8 owners swapped to the V6 front end to get rid of the mail slot; they preferred the clean hood.
RJT Impala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 10:16 PM   #7
ex-SS-ve

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0stones0 View Post
I gotta ask...how did the hard hit happen?
it was enough to snap a light pole in half and bend the car like a banana.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman14ss View Post
hope you or whoever was driving is a-ok . that's a shame, glad to see youre back in the game. good luck on your latest. show picks when you modify. the oldman.............
i was driving. Everything was good. I actually drove the car out of point of impact after investigation was complete. I feel if it had air in the tires it could have driven home. These cars are very solid and safe

Quote:
Originally Posted by InFiD3ViL View Post
Wow, those kind of pictures are hard to look at. The shame is that there was also so many great salvageable parts on it. What happens with all that? Does it all go to the insurance company? (Wheels, ZL1 grill, etc...)

But it seems you found a great way to move on. Glad you are ok and good luck man!
I let insurance take it and started over fresh. You get attached to these cars after this many years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xstuntman View Post

Is it just me or does the old car look like it has a V6 front end?
immediately my only concern was of my passenger being ok. The weeks following i felt terrible about the car. I did the v6 bumper simply cause it looks better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJT Impala View Post
Some years ago--prior to the ZL1, many V8 owners swapped to the V6 front end to get rid of the mail slot; they preferred the clean hood.
Looks way sleeker and cleaner.
ex-SS-ve is offline   Reply With Quote